+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Cmon, it time for Sonic
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

So you are all saying the goofy face Luffy did was to comfort his crewmates?? I dont know why I thought something else was going on since he started pulling at his mouth since earlier. I just assumed that he was being forced to say something he didnt want...
    Lazyness is my superpower

ahaha,all focused on how the sunny could get away from the wave and nobody thought it would go towards it XD

with this they gained time and the fleet lost them,now to see how katakuri vs luffy goes

Quote Originally Posted by tarigarma View Post
    So you are all saying the goofy face Luffy did was to comfort his crewmates?? I dont know why I thought something else was going on since he started pulling at his mouth since earlier.
    Actually, that is going to be revealed as the ignition move of Gear 5: Smoothtalk Man. By stretching his mouth very fast he becomes a prodigy orator who can talk his way out of any situation.
    That or a vomit cannon. At least it would blend in nicely right next to Boundman Full Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by lokilasher View Post
    Man I was hoping this chapter would end with Luffy going gear 4th or something. With no water coming into the mirror world, it makes you wonder how in the world Luffy is going to deal with Katakuri all by himself.
    I'm sure he isn't going to. But if that's bound to be the case, who'll save him?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Ok, now the Sunny officially has its helmsman, congrats to those who've been calling it all these years.

That wave scene and Jinbe's general attitude were truly awesome, I would just have wanted a note on how Big Mom and her fleet didn't spot the Sunny in the aftermath. Did the wave carry them this far from each other? Incidentally, wouldn't hunger-crazed Linlin turn on her own son and crew now that the Sunny is gone ? With Pero's ability being the only thing that keeps her afloat, this could become a very tricky situation.

Still on the Sunny scene, Pero's frightened reaction to the tsunami is much, much better than his cocky demeanour from last week. Much more fitting for a man who's basically sitting on a crate of dynamite that he himself set on fire.

On the mirror world, I'm as puzzled as everyone else by the thing with Luffy's mouth. My best guess is that he keeps those mirror shards in his mouth both in order to preserve some communication ability and to hide from the rest of the crew that he is being beaten to a pulp, so that uncertainty about their captain won't affect their morale. And I agree that this last panel with a silent Jinbei is a hint that he is either doubtful or saw right through it - unlike the rest of the crew, he knows what caliber of a man Katakuri is.

that wave was insanely high...from the top they were probably already unable to see the sunny that was going under it,and since they were on the top whan the wave crushed they were already pushed away from the base of the wave,which is what the sunny was riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Man,Brulee and co. are only interested at commentry,they simply watched those mirror getting destroyed.How convenient.
    how could they stop the mugi from breaking the mirrors exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    Glad that my Jinbe riding the wave like a boss prediction came true.

As for Luffy, I can't see him winning the fight. Btw, it was touching to see him make sure they didn't hear him being outmatched by Katakuri.

So I'm expecting him to be saved by outside interference. Germa most likely.
    They would then bring him to Cacao Island on their boats. They have to be brought back in this arc to have a proper farewell with Sanji.
    HOW???

nobody can get inside the mirror world if brulee doesn't open the door for them,nobody can help luffy inside,at best he an try to get brulee and escape somewhere, but nobody is coming to help him

Didn't understand it at first, but it does seem that Luffy hid the glass shard in his mouth so that his crew wouldn't hear, and then forced a smile to hide his pain.
    Damn, these moments are why I love Luffy so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    that wave was insanely high...from the top they were probably already unable to see the sunny that was going under it,and since they were on the top whan the wave crushed they were already pushed away from the base of the wave,which is what the sunny was riding.how could they stop the mugi from breaking the mirrors exactly?http://forums.arlongpark.net/images/.../ipb/blink.png

HOW???

nobody can get inside the mirror world if brulee doesn't open the door for them,nobody can help luffy inside,at best he an try to get brulee and escape somewhere, but nobody is coming to help him
    I expect double KO or Luffy beating Katakuri, being badly wounded and after seeing Pekoms, pulling him in and asking for help/ help in getting to Cocoa.

Pekoms has to play a role.

Oh and I predicted Katakuri pulling out his trident at end of chapter. Small thing but made me smile. Now Luffys line is on stake and only his.

Katakuri will get burned for aiming at Luffy, though I find it difficult to believe that Gear Fourth straight on attacks will be enough, I expect Luffy to come up with something new and then beat Katakuri with it.

that wave was insanely high...from the top they were probably already unable to see the sunny that was going under it,and since they were on the top whan the wave crushed they were already pushed away from the base of the wave,which is what the sunny was riding
    I can agree to this much, but afterwards ? Ships do stand out at sea, enough that the BM fleet was initially able to track the Sunny even after the Coup-de-Burst. Two options I can think of is that the sea is still high in the aftermath of the tsunami which keeps the BM fleet busy and restrains visibility (deep troughs that hide the Sunny from sight), or possibly they have their hands full with a rage-mode Linlin who keeps asking for her cake and must be lured to Cacao Island one way or the other. Or it's only a matter of time before someone realizes the Sunny is still sailing and the pursuit resumes.

Actually, if Brulee has half a brain she won't hang around for long. All she has to do is exit the Mirror World and leave Luffy trapped in there until Kata or someone else can deal with him. I'm curious to see how this will be prevented from happening, hopefully not because she and her mooks are too busy commenting the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I expect double KO or Luffy beating Katakuri, being badly wounded and after seeing Pekoms, pulling him in and asking for help/ help in getting to Cocoa.

Pekoms has to play a role.

Oh and I predicted Katakuri pulling out his trident at end of chapter. Small thing but made me smile. Now Luffys line is on stake and only his.

Katakuri will get burned for aiming at Luffy, though I find it difficult to believe that Gear Fourth straight on attacks will be enough, I expect Luffy to come up with something new and then beat Katakuri with it.
    pekoms is not gonna betray moma..especially after the mugi just tried to kill her.

also he isn't even in the mirror right now as far as we can see.

personally i don't think luffy is gonna beat katakuri..at best i think he is gonna disable him for enough to grab brulee and flee away through a mirror, sealing him and his troops inside it for the time being.

pekoms is not gonna betray moma..especially after the mugi just tried to kill her.

also he isn't even in the mirror right now as far as we can see.

personally i don't think luffy is gonna beat katakuri..at best i think he is gonna disable him for enough to grab brulee and flee away through a mirror, sealing him and his troops inside it for the time being.

Pekoms does not need to be in mirror to be pulled into it later on by Luffy using Brulee again.

I also have my doubts considering Luffy beating Katakuri and I see scenario you described as likely.. Lets wait and see. Luffy should get a win this time though because against Cracker, Oda made Luffys win very questionable and now we are heading into arc concentrated on direct confilict with a Yonko Kaido so.. Luffy escaping after questionable win would leave bad taste in my mouth and disbelief in any sense of Luffy heading to Wano.

My interpretation of luffy scene
    He foresee katakuri kick. So as people says he put a hand on his mouth to not scream and be heard by the others
    Katakuri breaks the mirror in tiny shards. Luffy put both of his hands on his mouth => the shards drop down on the floor
    Luffy is ejected by the kick
    Luffy return to the shards during katakuri next attack and tell his lie to the crew

But yeah that was not really clear without everyone interpretation. But he does not put mirror into his mouth. There is also no sound effect he does from what i could see

Otherwise Jinbe is cool. But what will mum do now ? Also the 3h become 10h now, thatís quite confusing. And katakuri shall understand they are not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I can agree to this much, but afterwards ? Ships do stand out at sea, enough that the BM fleet was initially able to track the Sunny even after the Coup-de-Burst. Two options I can think of is that the sea is still high in the aftermath of the tsunami which keeps the BM fleet busy and restrains visibility (deep troughs that hide the Sunny from sight), or possibly they have their hands full with a rage-mode Linlin who keeps asking for her cake and must be lured to Cacao Island one way or the other. Or it's only a matter of time before someone realizes the Sunny is still sailing and the pursuit resumes.
    well for once they aren't looking for the ship...they are pretty sure it sunk, so they aren't looking around for it...it would take for someone to look directly behind them and to the right to even see the sunny at this point.

Actually, if Brulee has half a brain she won't hang around for long. All she has to do is exit the Mirror World and leave Luffy trapped in there until Kata or someone else can deal with him. I'm curious to see how this will be prevented from happening, hopefully not because she and her mooks are too busy commenting the action.
    we will see..but as of now she has really no reason to be cautious..katakuri it's their best man and he is currently just playing with luffy
    Pekoms does not need to be in mirror to be pulled into it later on by Luffy using Brulee again.
    why the hell would luffy try to pull pekoms into the mirror?

if he gets brulee, the best course of action would be to use her to escape the mirror world and leave katakuri inside to rot.

why the hell would luffy try to pull pekoms into the mirror?

if he gets brulee, the best course of action would be to use her to escape the mirror world and leave katakuri inside to rot.

Read my previous two posts again instead of asking this question. Nobody has time for repeating. I described different scenario there than yours, not what is best option.

Read my previous two posts again instead of asking this question. Nobody has time for repeating. I described different scenario there than yours, not what is best option.
    you added the thing later,how was I supposed to see that XD

and by the way,i see it the opposite of you,exacltly because luffy had an hard time with cracker,he shouldn't be able to defeat katakuri solo...kaido will not be a solo thing either since we have an army of strong people with him for the wano arc..so much like doflamingo wasn't a solo effort,kaido will not be one (if they defeat him at all,i have my own theory about where the story is going but it's OT)

- Why is Perospero warning BM about the cake? Wouldn't that be the perfect outcome for him (she destroys the SH and supposedly gets rid of the cake he made up, never finding up he lied)? It's almost as if he forgot he was lying about the cake... made zero sense.

- Jinbe handling the sails by hand while controling the helm was one of the. best. things. ever! It's just too amazing, and I don't even like this guy (although this scene will definitely help). And now he was raised from good helmsman to godlike helmsman, I have to take back in what I said a few weeks ago and whoever joins the crew last will still need to be at the top level of whatever role they intend to perform in the Sunny.

- So, BM and Perospero believe the Sunny was destroyed, I can understand that. But what about Amande and the whole fleet of Tarts and battle ships? They are bound to see the Sunny in no time, hope Oda hadn't forgot about them.

- Neck boy definitely not the smartest kid in the family... the mirrors being destroyed by the water pressure even though there was no water!?

- The mouth bit was confusing, but I suppose he was hiding the glass inside his mouth to avoid it being destroyed by Katakuri?

- I was afraid Katakuri would suddenly start using his DF just as a clone of the Gomu Gomu (plot-induced stupidity). Good to see he is still using the mochi other ways.

- A bit sad for the old SH they instantly fell for Luffy's lie while Jinbe instantly saw through it. I suppose Chopper is gullible like that, but c'mon Nami.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

you added the thing later,how was I supposed to see that XD

and by the way,i see it the opposite of you,exacltly because luffy had an hard time with cracker,he shouldn't be able to defeat katakuri solo...kaido will not be a solo thing either since we ahve an army of strong people with him for the wano arc..so much like doflamingo wasn't a solo effort,kaido will not be one (if they defeat him at all,i have my own theory aout where the story is going but it's OT)
    Cracker is one of worst match ups for Luffy - he is mostly avoiding direct fight and using to wear off his enemy with endless army of extremely hard biscuit armors that were not always instantly falling even against Gear Fourth.

Luffys tactics during their fight were to tire Cracker out, avoiding getting fataly injured as they still had Sanji to save after that fight. Also I am sure that Luffy didnt use Gear Fourth against Cracker as long as he did against Doflamingo - he had to rest for 3 days after using it till his limits for 2 times. What happened was Nami getting to see Luffy vs Cracker and helping Luffy from get to go. Then Luffy used Gear Fourth for second time during their fight and overpowered Cracker with it(Cracker compared Luffys tankman to his "initial transformation").

We do not know how it would go if Luffy would be in situation where he has to beat Cracker in short time and can sustain very heavy damage just to pull through. You just assume stuff. This fight should show if Luffy has chance of beating top of Yonko crew as situation is completely different than against Cracker(who even as he was weaker than Katakuri had to be dealt with having in mind that there is still plenty of fighting to do afterwards).

Also your spelling is hard to read.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    (...)

- A bit sad for the old SH they instantly fell for Luffy's lie while Jinbe instantly saw through it. I suppose Chopper is gullible like that, but c'mon Nami.
    On the other Hand, Nami trusts in Luffy's strength blindly, whereas Jinbe knows what Kind ofmonster Katakuri is.
    I know Luffy is bad at lying, but the awkward face really gives me confuse-shivers. As if Luffy was possessed by some tenryuubito. XD

I first thought Brulee controlled luffy's "voice", because he was hiding the mirror-shards in his mouth.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    - Why is Perospero warning BM about the cake? Wouldn't that be the perfect outcome for him (she destroys the SH and supposedly gets rid of the cake he made up, never finding up he lied)? It's almost as if he forgot he was lying about the cake... made zero sense.
    because now you have to keep her entertained and convince her to go to cacao island to get her cake..probably his best scenario was to capture the ship and lie to mama that the strawhats brought the wedding cake to cocoa island with another ship or something.

- So, BM and Perospero believe the Sunny was destroyed, I can understand that. But what about Amande and the whole fleet of Tarts and battle ships? They are bound to see the Sunny in no time, hope Oda hadn't forgot about them.
    they were either on top of the tsunami with big mom of way back to not be involved in it..so technically the strawhats were straight in the middle and for most of their detour hidden under the wave that was pretty high and large.

- Neck boy definitely not the smartest kid in the family... the mirrors being destroyed by the water pressure even though there was no water!?
    that was murky at best...water pouring in really fast can cause air waves to be created powerful enough to break mirrors (i think), so it might be that..but still.

- The mouth bit was confusing, but I suppose he was hiding the glass inside his mouth to avoid it being destroyed by Katakuri?
    he was keeping his mouth shut so that they didn't hear him crying for pain and so he could just lie about already being on cacao island..there's a possibility that he also kept the mirror so that he could communicate..but i think he just traveled backwards to where the shattered mirror was to use the rest of them to say his last lie.
    Last edited by Maju; October 5th, 2017 at 03:39 AM.

Oh my. Oda actually pulled a Joseph in the end.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information