+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

demn katakuri COO luffy speech and thought...."next you will say im not planing to die here"

I like how Luffy still has this horrible lying face.

So according to the volume 86 cover, Luffy's suit jacket and pants are red, and the shirt is black. The red on Luffy's outfits is traditionally inked in in Oda's black and white art, so for the sake of contrast the shirt appears white.

What I'm getting at here, is when the digital colour version gets to this arc they'll have to go over all the inked in bits, turn them red and make sure they have decent looking outlines and creases that wouldn't be visible drawn how they are now. AND THEN, now that Luffy's fighting with his jacket off, they'll need to ink over what Oda left white just to match the official colours. (Or more likely they'll use a dark grey so they can just work with Oda's outlines still.

I'm picturing them now absolutely cursing Oda for the kind of work he's setting out for them

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    Glad that my Jinbe riding the wave like a boss prediction came true.

As for Luffy, I can't see him winning the fight. Btw, it was touching to see him make sure they didn't hear him being outmatched by Katakuri.

So I'm expecting him to be saved by outside interference. Germa most likely.
    They would then bring him to Cacao Island on their boats. They have to be brought back in this arc to have a proper farewell with Sanji.
    Whoever is saving Luffy need Brulee to enter or exit mirror world. Unless the Germa have some equipment that makes them walk through mirrors, am afraid Luffy is on his own here. And we all know Luffy will not run away from a fight, so, something got to give. *whispers* Katakuri is going to get defeated.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

Katakuri constantly seeing into the future.

"You're going to say I ain't dying here, but are you sure you want those to be your last words?"

Luffy: I don't plan on dying here!"

Can't wait for what Luffy has in stall for us.
    I have been self studying Japanese now for almost 1.5 years now. Currently living in Japan and working on getting JLPT 2 at end of 2017
    CHECK OUT MY JAPANESE LANGUAGE LEARNING LOG

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    My interpretation of luffy scene
    He foresee katakuri kick. So as people says he put a hand on his mouth to not scream and be heard by the others
    Katakuri breaks the mirror in tiny shards. Luffy put both of his hands on his mouth => the shards drop down on the floor
    Luffy is ejected by the kick
    Luffy return to the shards during katakuri next attack and tell his lie to the crew

But yeah that was not really clear without everyone interpretation. But he does not put mirror into his mouth. There is also no sound effect he does from what i could see

Otherwise Jinbe is cool. But what will mum do now ? Also the 3h become 10h now, that’s quite confusing. And katakuri shall understand they are not dead.
    This is absolutely correct, the mirror broke at the kick from Katakuri. The weird face was because he was telling them a lie as if Katakuri has been defeated and he's waiting for them in Cacao, Jimbe picked up the lie because he knew Katakuri can't be defeated that easily or quickly.

Did the timing change suddenly, didn't Sanji say they needed to finish the cake in 2.5 hours? Yet Nami said they won't be done for 10 hours or until 1. How is Luffy going to survive for 10 hours, unless it was a mistake in the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Katakuri constantly seeing into the future.

"You're going to say I ain't dying here, but are you sure you want those to be your last words?"

Luffy: I don't plan on dying here!"

Can't wait for what Luffy has in stall for us.
    I find the way he comments on the future interesting. I think his fall will be the CoO, something like how agent smith fucked up in Matrix revolutions, it will mess up his rhythm and Luffy will find an opening.

There's that fucking Trident! Good lord..

Jimbei I love you. You'll probably be my one of my favorite strawhats instantly.
    Working process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    I find the way he comments on the future interesting. I think his fall will be the CoO, something like how agent smith fucked up in Matrix revolutions, it will mess up his rhythm and Luffy will find an opening.
    He can land first punch/ few punches using Gear Fourth with half of his power - Katakuri sees himself easily blocking it with CoO and then his guard is down for moment - Luffy lands first light punch and then continues with barrage of full powered blows. For example.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I really like how not only did the crew mention they hadn't restocked on cola but Perospero also mentions how Big Mom would be destroying the "cake" by making this wave. The forum's questions get answered! Anyways, it was AMAZING seeing Jinbe get past the wave in his new role as the helmsman. Way to own it, bud. Otherwise, I didn't care too much for this chapter - it just tied up a lot of ends that were loose when Luffy brought himself into Mirro-World. Looking forward to what the next 3? 10? hours have in store.

Spoiler:

TEN HOURS!? I thought three was bad enough...

Quote Originally Posted by TitanG545 View Post
    Did the timing change suddenly, didn't Sanji say they needed to finish the cake in 2.5 hours? Yet Nami said they won't be done for 10 hours or until 1. How is Luffy going to survive for 10 hours, unless it was a mistake in the translation.
    From what I gathered :
    - The chiffon cake + chocolate recipes are to be completed under 2h40
    - Then an extra 20 minutes while Sanji does his thing that supposedly makes this cake the very essence of sweetness
    - After a total 3 hours they set sail to rendez-vous with the Sunny. An unknown duration is spent at sea while everyone helps decorate the cake
    - In the meantime the Sunny team will have moved forward; by the time the cake team embarks they should be 7 hrs away from Cacao island
    - Thus, the 2 teams ought to meet halfway some 3.5 hrs later ? In other words, 6.5 hrs from now in the middle of the sea instead of 10 hrs on the island.
    - Meanwhile, a half-dead Luffy eventually makes it to Cacao island and wonders where everyone went. He then proceeds to eat a small town because chocolate.

If indeed things go according to the plan (they usually don't), then it means Luffy would miss the very peak of the arc, the feeding of the cake ? I have a hard time picturing this. Also at some point I would expect the Vinsmokes to make a comeback so that they can witness how truly awesome and L337 cooking really is.

Wano still feels a long way away...

So weird that Nami didn’t notice that Luffy was lying to them. She’s usually very perceptive of those kinds of things.

That mirror scene is almost identical to the rosinante scene, how do you guys not see it. Rosinante had the mute mute fruit so he could just block all sound and talk to the one he cared about - traffalgar law. And he put on a goofy face, despite knowing he was dead to make law more at ease. Luffy is essentially doing the same with his crew only he cant die, plot armor and what not. Great chapter tbh, people need to pick up on the subtle emotions oda put into this chapter. Next chapter the real fight between luffy and katakuri actually begin.
    Luffy? He is my enemy.
    My name is Oz! Pleased to meet you!

That was a really good solution to the wave situation. So now it's still Luffy being beaten or making it to Cocoa island left. Katakuri vs. Luffy pretty much does look like the final big fight for the arc.

I really didn’t understand why Luffy was holding his mouth. I thought he placed the mirror pieces in it for whatever reason. Seems like you guys got the idea. Boss chapter as per the past weeks. Katakuri bullying Luffy is oddly satisfying.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    So weird that Nami didn’t notice that Luffy was lying to them. She’s usually very perceptive of those kinds of things.

She's had a rough day lmao

Since Luffy is Rubber.. Can't he become very tiny and use a piece of mirror in his mouth to join his crew then crash it?

I think Luffy should get drunk and fight so that Dogtooth wont prevent his attacks. (LUFFY/ENEL)

AWAKENING IS NEAR!

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information