+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 443

Thread: Chapter 884: Who

  1. #41

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
    whoooo...nice battle chapter....did katakuri smack his head hard to calm his mind lol
    He smack his head to prevent his back touch the ground.

  2. #42
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by ralf21 View Post
    Yeah he's more creative, but he's also bound by the genre's rules and the need to pander to his fans. That aside, if you find making an opponent that outclasses you lose his composure over an insecurity he just so happens to show you 5 minutes ago and then defeating him "creative", Oh well.
    Having your protagonist win and save the day is in no ways bending the rules of the genre. Having a shonen protagonist go over a stronger opponent is in no ways pandering to the fans. It's 101. And when else would a "perfect character" show is insecurities? The entire time? I'm sure if he was broadcasting them for the whole fight, you'd find an issue with that as well. But yeah, I found last chapter to be rather creative and think Oda's going to come up with something to wrap the bow on this fight. That your mind says you don't want creativity says enough about your ability to even mimic objectivity when talking about this.

  3. #43
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Dayum, Praline is big. How will she and Aladine bear children? Also good to see her back up her claims of defecting.

    Pudding ia cute as always. Love Katakuri's donut thing.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  4. #44

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Also this chapter shows again what level BM is compare to every one else .
    Katakuri even with his better haki was sent flying with that attack and BM saw it as nothing .
    The power up Oda will have to give luffy for kaido will be crazy .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  5. #45

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    JB is out:https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/884/page/1

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    While fire vs oven sounds fitting, sanji and oven should pretty much be immune to eachother-s powers so idk how that would ever work. luffy already fights a guy that mirrors his powers.
    Not really. Oven can only heat his body so you can't physically harm him. In other words Sanji is the perfect match since he can fire his legs but the rest of his body is still susceptible. I can see his hand's safety playing a part.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

  6. #46

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    glad oda resolved the mystery of katakuri's devil fruit in a satisfactory way... it being a logia didn't make sense,but a paramecia that acts like a logia doesn't either.
    but a guy that can just "dodge creatively" does..especially since we saw the same kind of dodging made by aokiji during the war if i remember correctly

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Luffy underestimated Katakuri for a second there and paid dearly for it. When peerless donuts started, he should have Haki up and prepare to take the attack, instead he thought it's mere mochi and he got hit badly without any Haki defense. That will hurt for a while.
    i think his defenses were up,but katakuri's armament,being superior,bypassed them.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Is the King in the cover story the same King that showed up after Sugar's power was cancelled by Usopp?

  8. #48

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    While fire vs oven sounds fitting, sanji and oven should pretty much be immune to eachother-s powers so idk how that would ever work. luffy already fights a guy that mirrors his powers.


    and note while sanji is there, jimbei and ichiji are going there too.

    so You got ichiji, sanji, jimbei powerhouses on one side and oven, perospero going there and daifuku should show up too knowing that0s the meeting place of shs.



    ichiji vs oven

    sanji vs daifuku. yeah king pf perverts gets to fight the guy that uses his giant will of the D. to fight for himself.

    jimbei vs perospero.

    capone vs smoothie.

    Do not let Oda fool you - Sanji is not going to fight Owen. He will fight Daifuku.

    Owen is first person to come to Puddings location and he respected Pudding wish(even called her little sister). If Daifuku would be there he would just smack open those doors.
    What I think will happen is that Daifuku will come and storm the place. He and Owen will be about to attack Sanji but they will be able to reason with Owen(his trust/ respect to Pudding) and they will be unable to speak any sense to Daifuku as he will probably see that as Sanji wanting to poison Big Mom.

    Then Sanji vs Daifuku round 2 will happen.

  9. #49
    Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Hmmm, Katakuri's DF still raises a bit of questions about how much O-Haki can aid Devil Fruit abilities. Could Luffy achieve the ability to replace parts of his body with actual rubber? Looking forward to exploring the possibilities raised.

    IDK but Oven beating up on Pound was actually pretty hilarious. If only they knew what was actually cooking in that kitchen...

    Also, Oda definitely has a knack for bringing back characters like Praline and having them be awesome. I was beginning to wonder if Joscarpone had taken her place lol, luckily that was all rectified this week.

    Spoiler:

  10. #50

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Luffy underestimated Katakuri for a second there and paid dearly for it. When peerless donuts started, he should have Haki up and prepare to take the attack, instead he thought it's mere mochi and he got hit badly without any Haki defense. That will hurt for a while.
    if we go by the JS translation it seem like he trick luffy with the donuts attack lol.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  11. #51
    Forever Hajro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    This explanation from Katakuri also explains how Aokiji and Akainu where able to dodge haki attacks in their logia form during the War at Marineford.
    So they probably have haxed observation Haki aswell.

    I think the only way to beat it (in the fair way) is to improve your own observation haki so that it cancell each other out.
    Luffy desperately needs a way to fight without being a ticking time bomb, what stops katakuri from going on the defensive and just waiting it out if he finds out how g4 works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

    You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Having your protagonist win and save the day is in no ways bending the rules of the genre. Having a shonen protagonist go over a stronger opponent is in no ways pandering to the fans. It's 101. And when else would a "perfect character" show is insecurities? The entire time? I'm sure if he was broadcasting them for the whole fight, you'd find an issue with that as well. But yeah, I found last chapter to be rather creative and think Oda's going to come up with something to wrap the bow on this fight. That your mind says you don't want creativity says enough about your ability to even mimic objectivity when talking about this.
    I'll suppose you meant abiding by the rules.
    "It's 101", shame on me for expecting something more interesting. You criticize my lack of creativity then go on to praise the bland old mixture you've been spoonfed for decades ...
    My problem with Katakuri's "weakness" is what it bodes for the future, how will Luffy defeat Kaido ? He'll find out mid-fight that if you tickle his right elbow he drops his CoA ?
    And then sure, MY mind doesn't want creativity, I lack objectivity, when all i'm asking for is to be pleasently surprised. I could give answer, but then it would turn too personnal. Have a nice day.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by ralf21 View Post
    I'll suppose you meant abiding by the rules.
    "It's 101", shame on me for expecting something more interesting. You criticize my lack of creativity then go on to praise the bland old mixture you've been spoonfed for decades ...
    My problem with Katakuri's "weakness" is what it bodes for the future, how will Luffy defeat Kaido ? He'll find out mid-fight that if you tickle his right elbow he drops his CoA ?
    And then sure, MY mind doesn't want creativity, I lack objectivity, when all i'm asking for is to be pleasently surprised. I could give answer, but then it would turn too personnal. Have a nice day.
    Your point about Kaido make no sense lol.
    I mean it is only 2 ways the fight goes find there weakness or just over power them .
    Mix and match when need with different characters and numbers etc etc
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  14. #54

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Hmmm, Katakuri's DF still raises a bit of questions about how much O-Haki can aid Devil Fruit abilities. Could Luffy achieve the ability to replace parts of his body with actual rubber? Looking forward to exploring the possibilities raised.
    Rubber trumps over mochi because of its elasticity, but it loses when it come to malleability. I doubt Luffy could ever freely control his rubber body like Katakuri can with his mochi, like creating extra arms of things like that.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

  15. #55

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Luffy desperately needs a way to fight without being a ticking time bomb, what stops katakuri from going on the defensive and just waiting it out if he finds out how g4 works.
    I think that we have seen 2/3 of this fight and Luffy will win it in time because he will use Mirrors to contact people all around Big Mom territory and badmouth Katakuri. Katakuri will loose his cool and Luffy will have a chance to land some really heavy attacks. I would love if he could return the favor to Katakuri and grab him using Snake Shot(in Gear Fourth it would be proably named King Kobra) to get a hold on Katakuri and beat him up.

  16. #56
    Mysterious Sackboy zuppamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rome, Italy

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    glad oda resolved the mystery of katakuri's devil fruit in a satisfactory way... it being a logia didn't make sense,but a paramecia that acts like a logia doesn't either.
    but a guy that can just "dodge creatively" does..especially since we saw the same kind of dodging made by aokiji during the war if i remember correctly.
    Magellan did something similar, or am I wrong?

  17. #57

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that we got this big reveal about Katakuri dodging Luffy attacks by simply doing what Akainu already did many arcs ago. I wonder if Oda forgot he had used that already since he is making such a big deal out of it (I can understand it being new to Luffy, but it seems like Oda is expecting it to be new to the reader too).
    FC.0147-0584-2654

  18. #58

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that we got this big reveal about Katakuri dodging Luffy attacks by simply doing what Akainu already did many arcs ago. I wonder if Oda forgot he had used that already since he is making such a big deal out of it (I can understand it being new to Luffy, but it seems like Oda is expecting it to be new to the reader too).
    Well it was never explicit stated how Akainu did it.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that we got this big reveal about Katakuri dodging Luffy attacks by simply doing what Akainu already did many arcs ago. I wonder if Oda forgot he had used that already since he is making such a big deal out of it (I can understand it being new to Luffy, but it seems like Oda is expecting it to be new to the reader too).
    Thinking he just like going more in depth into it and it's been long.
    Plus for a while now CoO in fights never took the main stage.
    It nice to see someone basing there fighting and DF style around that to a certain level.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  20. #60
    IN THEE BARREL STP_PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A little to the west

    Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I think that we have seen 2/3 of this fight and Luffy will win it in time because he will use Mirrors to contact people all around Big Mom territory and badmouth Katakuri. Katakuri will loose his cool and Luffy will have a chance to land some really heavy attacks. I would love if he could return the favor to Katakuri and grab him using Snake Shot(in Gear Fourth it would be proably named King Kobra) to get a hold on Katakuri and beat him up.
    I agree with almost everything you've said, but Luffy has a move called python already right? (Though I think he has his hand clenched as in a punch) will he go over different snake families? If so, I'd love to see a coral or an anaconda reference
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

    Would you like a Blast?
    100000000000000 Berries please.
    Blasting Destinations: Gotham city, Jaya, central perk, E. R.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts