+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning: "MangaStream" is using mining script in their page

Default Re: Warning: "MangaStream" is using mining script in their page

Quote Originally Posted by Laffitte Doflamingo View Post
    Greg, thanks for your response.

From a legal standpoint, what you just said is correct and what you have been doing is legal. But that was not my point/focus.

I would like to focus on this discussion from a moral standpoint. That's my real interest.

The rest of this post, you probably won't agree with, nor do you have to.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of being damaging,

Discussion itself is not damaging. Even discussion with people who reads scans/spoilers is not damaging. However, participating in discussions on arlongpark.net adds fame, which attracts more people to this site, which in turn makes the illegal contents/links/information exposed to more people and thereby potentially causes a decrease in the number of legal content buyers. That is damaging. If one knows this and still participates in the discussion, then he/she is guilty, at least from a moral standpoint.

As for following someone on twitter, or subscribing someone on YouTube, Similar arguments apply. The actions themselves are not damaging but from a moral standpoint nobody can walk away without guilt by simply ignoring the damaging side effects.

That being said, nobody is 100% innocent, from a moral standpoint.

That's not the problem, as we are all human beings.

The problem is that a guilty person takes the moral high ground.

so, speaking of you, Greg,

It is free and legal for you to have discussions on arlongpark.net. It is also free and legal for you to advertise yourself here so as to expand your fan base, making use of the resource and popularity of arlongpark.net which "is in the wrong". Although consider that as morally guilty, I wouldn't have a problem with that and I would treat you the same as those big shots YouTubers.

Or, if the one and the ONLY kind of activities you have here is talking people out of illegal contents, I wouldn't have a problem with you taking the moral high ground. But unfortunately that's not the case.

Being morally guilty and taking the moral high ground, they are not compatible, they simply can't go together.

That is the problem.

By showing off the fact that you officially works for one-piece.com and the claim that you have a fair amount of interaction with the editors and even the author(s), you are simply making the problem worse.

The fact that you being a teacher (not sure if you still are), puts an even darker shade on this. Kids are watching.

That is why I disrespect you.
    Greg is living the fanboy's dream (not an easy accomplishment I'm sure) . If by disrespect you actually mean you're jealous, then I'd agree with you.

How did this turn into another high horse random vs passive aggressive Greg thread. Isn't this a forum about a pirate comic.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

You could call it passive aggressive if these weren't 100% my honest feelings.

I'm very much over people having problems with me after enough years of it and discussions with others in the same position as myself.

I offer people like Lafitte nothing more than a willingness to discuss their feelings because, that's all I can do. I'm really just trying to be friendly, it's not a facade.

Either way, you're absolutely right Fel.

There's a legit high quality official english version released at the same time as the Japanese release, translated by one of our forum's own, that's like 50 cents an issue. (And it not only includes OP but a bunch of other titles.) If you're in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, etc, there is very little legit reason to not support and go for that version, or at the very least buy the trades.

This forum has a worldwide community so not everyone actually can access that version, and there's just no realistic way to police scans for the three days between the bootleg release and the official, or the spoilers for a week, so we can't and don't enforce that, but we would if it was at all feasible to get everyone to read and discuss the chapters on Monday when it officially released.

If nothing else and you have to read the bootleg scan, also at least support the official release in some way?
    Last edited by Robby; December 3rd, 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's a legit high quality official english version released at the same time as the Japanese release, translated by one of our forum's own, that's like 50 cents an issue. (And it not only includes OP but a bunch of other titles.) If you're in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, etc, there is very little legit reason to not support and go for that version, or at the very least buy the trades.

This forum has a worldwide community so not everyone actually can access that version, and there's just no realistic way to police scans for the three days between the bootleg release and the official, or the spoilers for a week, so we can't and don't enforce that, but we would if it was at all feasible to get everyone to read and discuss the chapters on Monday when it officially released.

If nothing else and you have to read the bootleg scan, also at least support the official release in some way?
    Could I get more info on that?

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Go to VIZ Online, they're the ones who publish the official English release.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Go to VIZ Online, they're the ones who publish the official English release.
    Gotcha, thanks.

I own a few volumes. I fully intend on owning the whole series one day once im financially stable. Until then, I'll keep buying volumes here and there. I get it's wrong reading scanlations for free, and I justified it buy vowing to buy the whole series eventually.

Anyways, I didn't know viz was so cheap and I would be an asshole to Oda to ignore this.

Gotcha, thanks.

I own a few volumes. I fully intend on owning the whole series one day once im financially stable. Until then, I'll keep buying volumes here and there. I get it's wrong reading scanlations for free, and I justified it buy vowing to buy the whole series eventually.

Anyways, I didn't know viz was so cheap and I would be an asshole to Oda to ignore this.
    It's also, besides Jaminis' Box, the best in translation and has good quality for the images, too.

Wait is this right? I pay 10 times more and the manga here is just now entering dressrosa
    ---
    Checkout my Harvest Moon inspired game
    3DS friend code: 1676-3758-8761

Thanks. So if I get the 12 month membership, I get to read all new chapters online when they come out? I usually use Mangastream

Believe or not, I had stop buying chapters of One Piece and other manga because of legitimate health issues. Though I'm better, it'll still be a little while before I can start wholeheartedly supporting them again.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    Wait is this right? I pay 10 times more and the manga here is just now entering dressrosa
    Yeah, it's 25$ a year. I don't think their service goes to Brazil, unfortunately, but I know some people have managed workarounds.

Thanks. So if I get the 12 month membership, I get to read all new chapters online when they come out? I usually use Mangastream
    Yup. And going back three or four weeks I think.

The only downside is its not a permanent archive like the old physical magazine was, but... that's what the trades are for.
    Last edited by Robby; December 3rd, 2017 at 07:33 PM.

Yup. For example, the current chapter that was on Mangastream this week, will be on VIZ's site this Monday, as is every chapter, minus breaks, of course.

I believe it goes back like.....two volumes or so?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    Believe or not, I had stop buying chapters of One Piece and other manga because of legitimate health issues. Though I'm better, it'll still be a little while before I can start wholeheartedly supporting them again.
    And that's a legit reason!

Awesome, officially a member

I'm an idiot for not knowing about this years ago lol but at least I won't have guilt anymore now that I'm officially supporting the community.

So sites like manga stream release a week early? Or how does that work?

Awesome, officially a member

I'm an idiot for not knowing about this years ago lol but at least I won't have guilt anymore now that I'm officially supporting the community.

It is only a few days early.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    It is only a few days early.
    One more question, it only goes back a couple volumes you stated. So are there legitimate ways to read past volumes besides buying the hard copies?

Manga stream steal copies while they are being shipped and then bootleg it. Generally they're a weekend ahead of the official release. So the chapter that came out this week on Friday will be coming out officially tomorrow.

One more question, it only goes back a couple volumes you stated. So are there legitimate ways to read past volumes besides buying the hard copies?
    Sadly, I do not think so. Online, at least. But MangaStream and Jaminis usually only have about 10 chapters back, as well, so it's not so much a loss, I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information