+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Warning: "MangaStream" is using mining script in their page

Default Re: Warning: "MangaStream" is using mining script in their page

Greg, your birth certificate won't be enough. Prove you are a human by sharing a retinal scan and fingerprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

We need your blood sample, hair sample and match your teeth with what we believe to be your dental records to make sure you match.

Don't forget the Stool sample

Why not ask for his soul?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Greg sold his already to Oda

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki Kawashima
    The thing I remember most when I took over as editor was Oda telling me, ‘Die for One Piece.'
    Oda has the Soru Soru no Mi.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eiichiro Oda
    LIFE OR ONE PIECE?!
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 7th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

What Oda puts on your wall when you start your job.

lol. Ya'll silly.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you folks are too much.

I second HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Don't forget the Stool sample

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Stool

I've made my arguments, Greg and Robby have defended themselves, and other people have made their comments. That's good. I will stop on that and leave it there for whoever sees it to judge. Time to move on.

Thank ya'll for baring with me. I must say sorry for driving the thread off the topic.

Just to compensate for that, I'd like to share some constructive ideas.

What about ONE-PIECE.com (or viz.com) opens up an official forum for OP fans?

Quoting Hanz's opinion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    what about the big portion who support it and read it legally? what other legit-readers-only forum should he go to? they don't have nearly as much as AP legal readers.
    An official fan forum is the perfect place for legal readers to hang out. Right now there is no such option. But if such option becomes available, legal readers should be happy to go.

They can advertise the forum as a "spoiler free" community for fans. Then those who don't want spoilers will have a place.

Making the forum "spoiler free" is certainly difficult but not impossible. I see the problem Robby mentioned
    they'd come in here and blurt everything out anyway.

it'd create a mess. Especially when big things happen like "Kuma shows up at Thriller Bark!" or "Ace dies!" or "Sanji is getting married!", those kinds of things are extremely hard to contain.
    How about suspending the user account and blocking the IP address whenever someone releases spoiler info in any form?

The majority of the people go there because they want a "spoiler free" place. And therefore they would hate spoilers and would be happy to report any spoiler as long as there is a report portal/function. These majority people certainly will take care of such a precious place.

It won't be easy at the beginning, as Robby said:
    We tried having "only official release day" discussion in the Viz thread for a while and it had no traffic whatsoever. Almost no one was willing to wait for the better, legal, version to talk about it at the cost of being half a week behind everyone else.
    But I believe ONE PIECE has at least 10 more years to go. At some critical point, it may take off and in the long run, it can form a good shape.

If such an official spoiler-free forum exists, then popular people including Greg can start an initiative to call for people whoever don't want spoilers. They can advertise it with their social media tool etc. That can speed things up.

Aaaand, they can offer some perks to promote the forum, things that are exclusively available on the forum which only logged-in users can access. So then people will see the value in their user accounts and back off from trying to post spoilers.
    For example, some ideas:
    - They can move Oda sensei's Rakugaki corner and "Greg sensei's super ONE PIECE course" to the forum, one needs to log in to see them
    - The manga editors can have interactions with fans. and they can call for SBS questions and then start a pool, the top rated questions will be collected and presented to Oda sensei and could appear in future SBS.
    - Offer some games or competition. For example, a ONE PIECE knowledge competition etc. Those who win will get a signed drawing from Oda sensei.

Of course you can't stop people who read scans from visiting the official forum but at least you can stop people from posting spoilers.

It will face the problem that people read spoilers have already had discussions so therefor won't even go there. True, but, those popular people start the initiative can have their discussion exclusively within the forum. That way those people who want to discuss with the popular people, like Greg, will still go. That's a way to attract traffic.

It is hard but where there's a will there's a way.

It's a fine idea that works in theory but would be a nightmare to manage.

A forum means freedom and freedom introduces the prospect of randomness, the mortal enemy of official outlets.

This is why Nintendo's online titles have very limited online interaction, it avoids the chance of random problems cropping up.

It's not a poor idea by any measure and it might be possible one day but seeing as their properties are intended for adolescent readers it would require a business entity unto itself to run with proper protection for young readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffitte Doflamingo View Post
    Quoting Hanz's opinion:
    what about the big portion who support it and read it legally? what other legit-readers-only forum should he go to? they don't have nearly as much as AP legal readers.
    if you're gonna quote me then atleast don't butcher my comment to make it fit your narrative please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    if you're gonna quote me then atleast don't butcher my comment to make it fit your narrative please.
    Sorry Hanz. I should have quoted your entire comment and highlight the point I want to discuss, maybe that's more acceptable?

I see the point Greg made. Yup, unfortunately we live in the real world. Well then, let's do our best and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    Since MangaStream removed the mining script, how about closing this topic?
    You created a beast and now you want to kill it D:

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    You created a beast and now you want to kill it D:
    The reason for this topic is gone and the replies mostly have nothing to do with it anyway so, i sure do!
    HTC - Hoje Tive Cá

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    The reason for this topic is gone and the replies mostly have nothing to do with it anyway so, i sure do!
    Well... they're actually still doing it, but via an "opt-in".

Spoiler:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Well... they're actually still doing it, but via an "opt-in".

I'm not getting that: maybe it's the addons i'm using that block that, dunno.

I'm OK with it if it requires one to accept it (only if one purposely accepts) but not if it's done "covertly", as in without one's knowledge, like it was when i started this topic.

EDIT

It's under the "remove adds" section. Hadn't seen it because i use ublock origin + ghostery for that.
    HTC - Hoje Tive Cá

Really? A website whose M.O. is to essentially steal copyrighted works and illegally distribute them has the nerve to ask people for their money in return? Are you f***ing kidding me? What a bunch of A-holes. I will never again go to mangastream. Especially not when I'm subscribed to WSJ and there's Jaimini's Box for the early chapters. .|.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information