+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top-Selling Manga 2017 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2017 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Nanatsu winning over OPM?? Jajajajaja, what a shame, japan, but mostly for ONE. He needs to continue doing his version asap.
    Nanatsu no Taizai has been 5 new Volumes in 2017, One Punch-Man only 3 new Volumes. Nanatsu no Taizai has 28 Volumes in total, One Punch-Man only 14 Volumes.

But, even so, One Punch-Man sold a little less than Nanatsu no Taizai

Loving how high Hero Academia is on that list, beautiful.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Wow, I knew MHA was doing well, but I didn't expect it to be so high.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Waiting for a day when OP takes over Superman as the best selling comic ever. When guys? :P
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

I'm glad Kingdom at least get the respect it deserves in Japan. Maybe it's been trending for several years, but here in the west, I would say Kingdom is criminally underrated. Unfortunately, it seems AoT is as criminally overrated in Japan as it is in the west. But oh well, it's a promising sign.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Waiting for a day when OP takes over Superman as the best selling comic ever. When guys? :P
    I think somebody crunched the numbers and deduced it would take around 10 years of consistent sales. But that would mean OP outsold Superman in less than 1/3rd of Superman's runtime, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Nanatsu winning over OPM?? Jajajajaja, what a shame, japan, but mostly for ONE. He needs to continue doing his version asap.
    Nanatsu had 5 volumes released in the eligible time frame, OPM had 3. In sales per volume, OPM has almost half a million more volumes sold.

Regarding OPīs decrease since the ending of Marineford, personally i do not think it should be attributed to some kind of debatable decrease in writing quality (though it is there for me, mostly because of how Oda does things instead of what) but itīs just the hangover from the Marineford insanity. Before MF started, OP held the pole position solidly but other series were still competing with with it, whether itīs NANA, Nodame or Naruto, and OP had "only" one and a half million sales per volume approximately. In 2009 and 10, we reached ID and Marineford and more than equally important, the anime reached Marineford which attracted an immense number of new audience, both for the anime and buyers for manga. That mostly applied to old volumes though since the new readers started up buying the back catalogue. The new volumes in 2010 were selling even less than now. Only after the new readers caught up, the sales per volume rocketed to more than 3 million.
    The thing is though, both Impel Down and even more so, Marineford, are the least representative arcs of OP in general and my guess is that after the MF hype died down and the new readers were confronted with OPīs usual storytelling, they dropped it again, for the most part. Right now OP is selling as much as it sold before Marineford started.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Wow, I knew MHA was doing well, but I didn't expect it to be so high.
    The anime is huge

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information