+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Looks like a bigger Unlimited Red game. Is Luffy only confirmed because that would just be an instant 'nope!' from me. Nothing wrong with Luffy I just like the variety, and if they could have all the crew in Unlimited Cruise then why not this?
    Sadly so.

Ouch. So much for Dream One Piece game. Its not even on Switch either (which seems to be upsetting a lot of people) I guess the dreams of the fans are not the dreams of the company. I'm sure we'll see an Ace DLC thrown at us to fill that void
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Well, all hype completely deflated. This will be another generic low budgety anime game. Developer and screenshots only prove it. Shame they couldn't give cc2 for example a nice budget to finally make a game op deserves.

Sub par developer, only playable luffy,uninspired landscape in a series full of wonderful ones.

Unlimited World was also subpar, but at least it blended the characters artstyle with the environments better. This looks as if they dropped Cel shaded Luffy into a generic more realistic looking landscape.
    What can CyberConnect2 do that Ganbarion can't do besides graphics?

Ganbarion has been developing One Piece games for decades. They were stuck on developing handheld games, now they finally can show their talents with these powerful consoles/PC. I'm sorry, but CyberConnect2 isn't the only talented developers, there are plenty. Bandai Namco made the right decision picking them.

I understand the complaints about Luffy as the only playable character, but I also see it as quality over quantity.

As for everything, well the developers are trying to do something different and it's another made up story.

When was it confirmed that Ganbarion are the developers?

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

really? a game with only Luffy as playable this far into the series...? now I need the trailer to try and sell me this game, 'cuz what we have so far is utter shit.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Good lord, you guys are a pessimistic lot. You haven't seen the damn game in motion yet.

How on earth do people get Luffy being the only playable character out of the words "puts players into Luffy's point of view"?

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Man you're all crazy, at least wait for a trailer to drop before you completely write off the game

the gameplay trailer will be a make or break. hope they realize that and shows a lot in that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Good lord, you guys are a pessimistic lot. You haven't seen the damn game in motion yet.
    What do you expect they've been spoiled.

Meanwhile I'm just hoping this game avoids the laziness and blandness of Unlimited World Red, while not caring if it's not cel shaded or if Luffy is legit the only playable character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

While it's unreasonable to be mad about the game already, I think I can understand why some people are upset about it.
    Well, that's because many people (including me) were expecting a legit AAA game that can be universally liked by fans and people who are not that familiar with the franchise alike. But with the recent news, the likehood of this game being just another anime game (in terms of quality) rose. Don't get me wrong, this game still has the potential to be thr best One Piece game, or even the best anime game, but will it get nominated for best game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Well, that's because many people (including me) were expecting a legit AAA game that can be universally liked by fans and people who are not that familiar with the franchise alike.
    Tall order considering the game involves an IP that most of the world isn't familiar with/wouldn't be too big on and is being made by a team that aren't all that well known outside of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Don't get me wrong, this game still has the potential to be thr best One Piece game, or even the best anime game, but will it get nominated for best game this year?
    Well no given the game doesn't come out til next year at the earliest and no game based on an anime to my recollection has ever won such honors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Who cares about AAA? Some of the best games this year weren't AAA games.
    The quality of the game matters more than the budget.

Expecting any video game based off an anime property to be in the same realm as those $100 million + budget games is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post

Expecting any video game based off an anime property to be in the same realm as those $100 million + budget games is ludicrous.
    Expecting that at least a franchise like one piece can look as good as the cc2 Naruto games do, instead of this generic low budget style isn‘t ridiculous though.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Expecting that at least a franchise like one piece can look as good as the cc2 Naruto games do, instead of this generic low budget style isn‘t ridiculous though.
    Are the Storm games some kind of golden rule for how a video game should look from an art design standpoint? Because if so, I might as well quit gaming here and now.
    God forbid, all anime games should try not to look the same.
    It's thoughtless to make assumptions about this game's budget when we know next to nothing about the map, the gameplay, the story, etc.
    And as I said earlier, budget doesn't matter when it comes to making a good game.

It's an open world game supposedly running on Unreal Engine, how in the world is that generic or low budget? Lmao

Why was it wrong for me to I have unexptionally high expectations? This is One Piece, the best selling manga, if one single anime could get an AAA game, then it should be One Piece.
    And lol, Naruto storm games are bad and should never be considered a standard, where all the characters play the same, and the story mode is just normal fights + QTE. Also, world seeker doesn't look like it's aiming for the same type of graphics, so why compare it to naruto games anyway.
    The most important aspects that I think some people are concerned with right now:
    1-Will Luffy be the only playble character?
    2-Will this be the only map?
    3-Will the gameplay be as slow as Unlimited World Red?
    Personally, I'm not worried, because if they just revealed Luffy and this map in their first scan, then there must be more content (more characters and maps) that will be revelead as we go on. As for the gameplay, URW was made for the Ninetendo 3DS and then ported to other consoles, so it understandablly had a weaker/slower gamepley, World Seeker on the other hand is being made for a much more powerful gaming platform.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/13/one-piece-world-seeker-sounds-like-metal-gear-pirates-stealth-infiltration-elements/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We
    recently got a good look at One Piece: World Seeker, and Bandai Namco shared a few more details in this week’s issue of Jump magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

The story is completely original for the game, and it has battles against pirates and the Navy that we’ve never seen in the original works.

Unlike the Pirate Warriors games by Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force, One Piece: World Seeker will have some focus on strategies that involve escaping without defeating all enemies.

For example, you’ll get to infiltrate the Navy base and hide behind obstacles or walls in stealth game-like fashion. You can also just go with brute force and try to fight your way through opponents instead.

The details are still light for the time being, but some of you may be thinking that hiding and sneaking around doesn’t sound like Luffy at all, considering he prefers to just barge into enemy territory without thinking. That said, Ryokutya suggests that it could be something akin to Dragon Ball FighterZ, where you’re not actually Luffy but rather a player who is linked to Luffy… in a completely different and original world.

One Piece: World Seeker releases worldwide in 2018 for PlayStation 4.

Am I the only one who thought of Attack on Titan when seeing this overworld?

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information