+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    oh sweet! I hope they're doing DLC for all of the crew. That would make up for not having them in game. Tho somehow I guess they'll do Law, Zoro and Sanji and leave it at that
    Sabo will certainly get one

So DLC for this game when?
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

There is 2 new DLCs for OP: World Seeker,

DLC 2 you can Playble with Sabo, and will be out on Autumn 2019.
    DLC 3 you can playble with Law, and will be out on Winter 2019/2020 (?)

Promo

Everyone should probably fill this out. Be honest and constructive.

http://bnent.eu/OPWSsurvey

When they open up for writing and game experience, keep in mind the game they were trying to make. Not that you wanted to play as x y z. They wanted to make an open world game that took advantage of Luffy's abilities for traversing to explore the island. To be constructive about it, maybe say it would add value to play as Sanji in a cooking mini game to make food.

Sent it in a few weeks ago. While I appreciate this game, all I really want is Pirate Warriors 4....

Pics of Zoro DLC, and Against Kagero !

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

More Pics

Spoiler:

Looks sweet, looking forward to the dlc.

So I've bought and played the game because it was on sale on Steam. I'd give it a nice 5/10 personally.

The biggest drawback to this game is that it's short and empty. I completed all the side quests, found all the treasure, got every character's karma up to 100%, and finished the main story, all in the span of 2 days. I haven't gotten all the achievements, but the only ones left are grindy things like send Strawhats to explore 12 times or whatever. I had no reason to come back to the game after completing it.
    The only bosses you can refight are Akainu and Isaac, and that's just by replaying the last chapter. There isn't anything fun to do around the island once you've explored everything. Maybe I just missed it but I wish that there's some way to battle all the boss characters again. I've found Smoker and Tashigi separately hanging out in Marine bases sometimes but I don't think any other character can be encountered that way. I know One Piece is all about exploration and adventure, but I think the characters are also a major part of the experience, and not being able to interact (play) with them more frequently makes the game feel a bit lackluster.
    I still don't like that you don't get to play as all the Strawhats.

Now for some good points. Focusing exclusively on a playable Luffy means his mechanics feel really good. Rocket is a fun way to traverse vast distances, UFO gives you a little extra push when you need it, and Observation Haki mode makes sneaking through enemy strongholds really exciting. Armament lets you steamroll through most enemies when your patience wears thin (I usually reserve it for boss fights). Conqueror's Haki and Gear 4 are more sparingly used, but there's a fanservicey glee coursing through your body when you do use them.
    Isaac is a pretty cool character. Jeanne is more on the irritating side but I guess she's okay.
    Seeing the Strawhats interact in any way just fills me with joy, so I enjoyed the side missions immensely (even if it means being overexposed to Jeanne).

All in all, it's a game made for One Piece fans. If you like One Piece, you've got a higher probability of enjoying the game. Mechanically, it's below average, which is a shame. There's so much more they could have done with this concept.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    So I've bought and played the game because it was on sale on Steam. I'd give it a nice 5/10 personally.

The biggest drawback to this game is that it's short and empty. I completed all the side quests, found all the treasure, got every character's karma up to 100%, and finished the main story, all in the span of 2 days. I haven't gotten all the achievements, but the only ones left are grindy things like send Strawhats to explore 12 times or whatever. I had no reason to come back to the game after completing it.
    The only bosses you can refight are Akainu and Isaac, and that's just by replaying the last chapter. There isn't anything fun to do around the island once you've explored everything. Maybe I just missed it but I wish that there's some way to battle all the boss characters again. I've found Smoker and Tashigi separately hanging out in Marine bases sometimes but I don't think any other character can be encountered that way. I know One Piece is all about exploration and adventure, but I think the characters are also a major part of the experience, and not being able to interact (play) with them more frequently makes the game feel a bit lackluster.
    I still don't like that you don't get to play as all the Strawhats.

Now for some good points. Focusing exclusively on a playable Luffy means his mechanics feel really good. Rocket is a fun way to traverse vast distances, UFO gives you a little extra push when you need it, and Observation Haki mode makes sneaking through enemy strongholds really exciting. Armament lets you steamroll through most enemies when your patience wears thin (I usually reserve it for boss fights). Conqueror's Haki and Gear 4 are more sparingly used, but there's a fanservicey glee coursing through your body when you do use them.
    Isaac is a pretty cool character. Jeanne is more on the irritating side but I guess she's okay.
    Seeing the Strawhats interact in any way just fills me with joy, so I enjoyed the side missions immensely (even if it means being overexposed to Jeanne).

All in all, it's a game made for One Piece fans. If you like One Piece, you've got a higher probability of enjoying the game. Mechanically, it's below average, which is a shame. There's so much more they could have done with this concept.
    First things first, Its always awesome to see a fellow Hollow Knight Bro anywhere on the internet.

Are you hyped for Silksong? It looks pretty great and playing as hornet seems like it will be a different experience to the knight.

I'm currently trying to beat the white palace but so far its been a frustrating experience since it really punishes timing mistakes.

Anyway to World Seeker.

I've been meaning to play the game for awhile but the negative reviews put me off from trying it.

So as a One Piece fan, how good would you say the story and characters are?

Is the dialogue with each Straw Hat unique and fully representative of their personalities? Is it fun to talk to them? I know you can't go on missions with them but what value do they add to the game other than being quest givers with Straw Hat skin?

Is the gameplay worth it? Is it fun to fight as Luffy? I saw you only mentioned enjoying traversal.

Are the boss fights fun? Do you feel like your actually fighting characters from One Piece?

At the very least, is the main story interesting or engaging ? Did you feel compelled to see what happened next? Did the nail the One piece tone with comedy and drama?

As a One Piece fan, what would I enjoy the most from this game?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    First things first, Its always awesome to see a fellow Hollow Knight Bro anywhere on the internet.

Are you hyped for Silksong? It looks pretty great and playing as hornet seems like it will be a different experience to the knight.

I'm currently trying to beat the white palace but so far its been a frustrating experience since it really punishes timing mistakes.

Anyway to World Seeker.

I've been meaning to play the game for awhile but the negative reviews put me off from trying it.

So as a One Piece fan, how good would you say the story and characters are?

Is the dialogue with each Straw Hat unique and fully representative of their personalities? Is it fun to talk to them? I know you can't go on missions with them but what value do they add to the game other than being quest givers with Straw Hat skin?

Is the gameplay worth it? Is it fun to fight as Luffy? I saw you only mentioned enjoying traversal.

Are the boss fights fun? Do you feel like your actually fighting characters from One Piece?

At the very least, is the main story interesting or engaging ? Did you feel compelled to see what happened next? Did the nail the One piece tone with comedy and drama?

As a One Piece fan, what would I enjoy the most from this game?
    Silksong looks awesome, can't wait for it!

So the thing about interacting with the Strawhats is, the personalities and such shine through when you do all the side quests that involve them, since what you're tasked with doing is generally tied to their expertise. When nothing's going on and you talk to them on the Sunny, they just give a generic line of dialogue. It's part of why the game feels so short; once you're done with the story and side quests, there isn't anything new involving the Strawhats.

Regarding combat, I personally enjoyed using the Observation Haki mode the most because it allows quick and stealthy takedowns (Armament Haki also has takedowns, but it's a loud and powerful Elephant Gun which will immediately alert any other enemy in the vicinity). Regular fighting gets a bit tedious because you're just pressing the same button over and over again. You can mix it up sometimes by doing a first person Gum Gum Pistol, which is useful for attacking enemies from afar, but it doesn't provide that much variety.

The boss fights showcase the boss characters very well. The only problem is again, Luffy's limited movepool. It's very easy to brute force your way through the bosses too, there's barely any strategy involved. Honestly, I like them more for the fanservice aspect than anything else.

The main story is pretty okay. Somewhat predictable, but not insultingly so. I find it more engaging than Unlimited World Red's story, if that's any help. I can't quite remember if the comedy was any good (I think they just played up the characters' quirks every now and then), but the drama was alright. Despite Jeanne being a little annoying at times, I did feel compelled to help her through her story.

As a One Piece fan myself, what I loved was the way the Strawhats interacted with each other, and with Jeanne. In the end, I think I enjoyed going through the side quests more than anything else. A close second would be seeing other popular characters show up in the game, which is also tied to the side quests.

I gave it a 5/10 because without the One Piece skin over it, it's a really mechanically lackluster game. You need to be able to feel things like "Oh my God, it's Crocodile!" to get any real enjoyment out of it.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

New Jump scan with information about DLC 2.

Any information as to when Zoro's DLC is going to be released?

Okay, today is July 12th. How is the Zoro DLC pack?

I played for an hour or so.

+ I like the feel of his combat, a bit heavy but powerful
    + a lot of areas are available

-zoro uses wall jumping instead of swinging and stretching buildings, feels kind of dumb
    - a skill is required to unblurry the mini map, that is just stupid

I wonder if he gets any costume? Otherwise im not too motivated to hunt down the new chests.

Needing a skill not to get lost when you play as Zoro actually sounds hilarious.

Not gonna pay money for Zoro, Law or Sabo tbh unless there is something meaty involving the rest of the crew. From what I understand the Zoro DLC is ok but feels like nothing new and just more of the same. I like the idea of blurrying the mini map cus Zoro.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Spent about 9 hours with the Zoro DLC and pretty much done with things. Thought it was plenty of fun. Of course, I particularly enjoy the combat in the game while I know others find it monotonous. If this is the standard to expect, I'll probably buy the other 2 as well.

It's been awhile since I played as Luffy, but I felt a bit stronger and faster as Zoro once I started grabbing skills. The wall jump basically lets you climb almost anything way faster than I remember climbing as Luffy. Found all the treasures way faster than with Luffy in the main-game. Story-wise, it's mostly just Zoro and Tashigi interactions with a little bit of Fujitora and Kizaru. You don't get access to the sky islands, but you get a new little factory area connected to the Sea Prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Spent about 9 hours with the Zoro DLC and pretty much done with things. Thought it was plenty of fun. Of course, I particularly enjoy the combat in the game while I know others find it monotonous. If this is the standard to expect, I'll probably buy the other 2 as well.

It's been awhile since I played as Luffy, but I felt a bit stronger and faster as Zoro once I started grabbing skills. The wall jump basically lets you climb almost anything way faster than I remember climbing as Luffy. Found all the treasures way faster than with Luffy in the main-game. Story-wise, it's mostly just Zoro and Tashigi interactions with a little bit of Fujitora and Kizaru. You don't get access to the sky islands, but you get a new little factory area connected to the Sea Prison.
    Did you find any new costumes for Zoro?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information