+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 301

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

  1. #41
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Pssh, like anyone is going to use stealth.

  2. #42
    I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sniper Island

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Maybe the team behind the latest Black Clover PS4/PC game should have developed One Piece World Seeker since their game is not going to be an anime fighter or a musou. Bandai even saving it for last. Who would be down for Tales of One Piece?

  3. #43
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    look, when you remember how lazy OP game developers can be sometimes, there's no help but to be afraid that they are going to pull some dumb moves, like...remember when only Luffy was usable during Story Mode of PW1? or when in One Piece Gigant Battle I you couldn't play as Robin, Franky or Brook but just use them as Support characters?

    so when I read that this game supports only one player and that it's going to be from "Luffy's point of view" all this backstory comes to mind. Sure, it's waaaay to early to judge anything, but it isn't a promising start for the "dream game" of One Piece. Personally, I don't buy much into developers words, but this was such a setback that I was kinda shocked.

    Anyhow, waiting for more news. This suggestion in the Siliconera's article that you are a character linked to Luffy opens up the idea of customization, which is neat.

  4. #44

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Why was it wrong for me to I have unexptionally high expectations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    This is One Piece, the best selling manga
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Well, that's because many people (including me) were expecting a legit AAA game that can be universally liked by fans and people who are not that familiar with the franchise alike
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    but will it get nominated for best game this year?
    Like I and JC mentioned earlier you're expecting way too much out of this game for irrational reasons. One Piece being the best selling manga either in Japan/Asia or whatever doesn't mean it has to have a AAA title (nor win awards to) to legitimize it's quality. Nor is making a AAA title somehow going to boost it's popularity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    if one single anime could get an AAA game, then it should be One Piece.
    Would require it to be published and developed by a studio that doesn't dabble in niche games.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    And lol, Naruto storm games are bad and should never be considered a standard,
    Bad enough to be apart of series that started originally on the PS2. And has fans who don't care about the games not being colorful or think that making a AAA title is somehow going to lead to a product that everyone can enjoy comparable to Call of Duty or Mario Games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Also, world seeker doesn't look like it's aiming for the same type of graphics,
    Which is ironically one of things that I believe some people have been complaining about for no reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    . As for the gameplay, URW was made for the Ninetendo 3DS and then ported to other consoles, so it understandablly had a weaker/slower gamepley,
    That really wasn't URW's biggest problem feeling the need to rehash elements from the mangawhile at the same time trying to have an original story with a meh main Villain was.


    Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    remember when only Luffy was usable during Story Mode of PW1?
    That was bad by virtue of the fact that as a Musou game which are known for letting you play as any number of characters in it's various modes this game for some reason only let you play as Luffy in the story mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #45

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    The only Japanese video game companies that are even trying to dabble in the AAA realm are Capcom and Square Enix.
    Bandai Namco mainly deals with mid-tier and AA games that target a niche market.

    As for the little bit of info on World Seeker, I appreciate the idea of giving us different options for certain scenarios in the game. Luffy and stealth seem like oil and water, but Luffy has shown to be capable of being stealthy when the opportunity calls for it.
    I would rather have devs try something new and experiment with different ways to approach gameplay than having the same beat em ups and fighting mechanics over and over again.

  6. #46
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    I am very curious about non-Straw Hat characters in the game. I wonder if it will be like you have like Smoker being in that one Marine base, or a non-canon Marine introduced for this game instead?

  7. #47

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    i think this is a bad timing for open world game since people are kinda fed up with it
    Spoiler:

    By fire be purged

  8. #48

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Like I and JC mentioned earlier you're expecting way too much out of this game for irrational reasons. One Piece being the best selling manga either in Japan/Asia or whatever doesn't mean it has to have a AAA title (nor win awards to) to legitimize it's quality. Nor is making a AAA title somehow going to boost it's popularity.
    I know I was expecting too much, and these unreasonably high expectaions certainly led to a let down. I was just trying to explain why a had such expectations, and I believe everything I said is still in the realm of possibility (although maybe in the far far future).
    Would require it to be published and developed by a studio that doesn't dabble in niche games.
    Bandai namco are actually one of my favorite developers, who created and keeps creating some of the creatively best games, they own titles like Tekken, Tales, Soul and many more, and I'm not talking about their various partners who offered game such as Dark souls 3, and don't forget the games developers who perivously partnered with them (like Koei Tecmo, and ubisoft) are capable of doing without their involvement.
    Bad enough to be apart of series that started originally on the PS2. And has fans who don't care about the games not being colorful or think that making a AAA title is somehow going to lead to a product that everyone can enjoy comparable to Call of Duty or Mario Games.
    Popularity=Quality but yeah, I bought many of the Narutimate games on PS2, and I can't deny I enjoyed them (mainly for the multiplayer), but making the storm series the standard is a big no-no, the story mode apart from the good looking cutscenes is just a bunch of normal fights+QTE, and there's no denying that people realized how reptitive it became (thus the comparatively bad sales of Storm4).
    And you know what allowed CC2 back then to improve, it's because people allowed them to, I remember the first few Narutimate games not having that huge roster, yet people supported it, gave them the chance to make sequels, and here we are. On the other hand, people complained about burning blood having a "small" roster, despite being the first game (and probably the last) in its series.
    That really wasn't URW's biggest problem feeling the need to rehash elements from the mangawhile at the same time trying to have an original story with a meh main Villain was.
    This type of story is made for literally thousands of games and nobody ever complains about it, Xenoverse is the first thing coming to my mind, and World Seeker will probably have somehow similar ideas, otherwise they'll be missing a lot of opportunities. (some of the one piece villains have to be their)
    Also, with the burning of Mariejois having to do something with game story, the main villain will probably have a greater impact than Red.

  9. #49

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    i think this is a bad timing for open world game since people are kinda fed up with it
    No, have you ever tried BotW. Zelda definitely create the new standard of Open World game. I would be satisfied with half of BotW from this game since it's One Piece. But if it can reach Zelda standard then it's good.

  10. #50

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    i think this is a bad timing for open world game since people are kinda fed up with it
    Not so much fed up so much it's kind of overdone and in some instances simply not utilized very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    and don't forget the games developers who perivously partnered with them (like Koei Tecmo, and ubisoft) are capable of doing without their involvement.
    ....Koei Tecmo and Ubisoft don't develop games they publish them, and of the two only Ubisoft would be considered a Triple A publisher. Whereas Tecmo Koei are those guys only known releasing Dynasty Warriors and Dead Or Alive (yes they published Nioh as well though those are more established by comparison).

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    On the other hand, people complained about burning blood having a "small" roster, despite being the first game (and probably the last) in its series.
    One Piece fighting games are generally one offs unless they have "Grand Battle" in the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  11. #51

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ....Koei Tecmo and Ubisoft don't develop games they publish them, and of the two only Ubisoft would be considered a Triple A publisher. Whereas Tecmo Koei are those guys only known releasing Dynasty Warriors and Dead Or Alive (yes they published Nioh as well though those are more established by comparison).
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Team Ninja, Omega Force, Gust and Tecmo are subsidiaries that only develop games for Koei Tecmo, and I think Ubisoft works in a similar way.
    Look no further than One Piece Pirate Warriors series, this game was published by Bandai Namco, yet Koei Tecmo's logo shows up before you play the game, despite being "developed" by Omega Force.
    btw, It seems I made a mistake, I thought the xbox exclusive naruto games were published by Bandai Namco, guess I was wrong, it was published by Ubisoft itself.
    One Piece fighting games are generally one offs unless they have "Grand Battle" in the title.
    Did One Piece even have another fighting game? (apart from Fighting for One Piece which also tanked), I guess it's pretty safe to assume that if a One Piece game sold well, it is gonna get a sequel, Pirate warriors and Unlimited are series for a reason. Although judging from interviews, it seems the producer planned an open world game as soon as Burning blood was released.

  12. #52
    I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sniper Island

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Although judging from interviews, it seems the producer planned an open world game as soon as Burning blood was released.
    Same Burning Blood during Unlimited World Red interview in 2014 hinting Aokiji moveset.

    Siliconera have some mods that are One Piece fans. I hope interview One Piece World Seeker the same way hinting the next One Piece game.
    Last edited by Wanted Sogeking; December 14th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The only Japanese video game companies that are even trying to dabble in the AAA realm are Capcom and Square Enix.
    Bandai Namco mainly deals with mid-tier and AA games that target a niche market.


    As for the little bit of info on World Seeker, I appreciate the idea of giving us different options for certain scenarios in the game. Luffy and stealth seem like oil and water, but Luffy has shown to be capable of being stealthy when the opportunity calls for it.
    I would rather have devs try something new and experiment with different ways to approach gameplay than having the same beat em ups and fighting mechanics over and over again.
    Yup and Capcom may be doing less since RE7 failed expectations wise and depending on how the likes of Monster Hunter World does.

    I hope the devs just do more with the combat, I like Unlimited Red but it's combat needs more to it than it's basic combos, especially if Luffy is only playable from the sounds of it.

  14. #54

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Looks like absolulte garbage.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  15. #55

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Sogeking View Post
    Maybe the team behind the latest Black Clover PS4/PC game should have developed One Piece World Seeker since their game is not going to be an anime fighter or a musou. Bandai even saving it for last. Who would be down for Tales of One Piece?
    Tales games are like fast food mid tier RPG's, Namco ain't moving the teams off those games.

  16. #56
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Looks like absolulte garbage.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  17. #57

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Bandai Namco Youtube Livestream on Sunday for the One Piece Stage-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1kRlnFegs

  18. #58
    I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sniper Island

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Tales games are like fast food mid tier RPG's, Namco ain't moving the teams off those games.
    I disagree because the Tales of are more than just RPG games. They also have fighting game elements.

    We haven't got any One Piece game focus on team party members fighting together against enemies nostop with so many different styles of team attacks.

    Bandai Namco in Dragon Ball FighterZ interview by Game Informer said they willing to work with any gaming studio even western developers to develop anime games as long as they fully know the series.

    So that statement about Bandai won't let the Tales of team to develop a One Piece game is load of crap.

    I can say the same thing for Ganbarion never going to develop a Dragon Ball, but they did and it's pretty decent. Sold well in Japan as it should.

    Spike was stuck developing Dragon Ball games for long and now they're free from it. J Stars Victory VS and One Piece Burning Blood may not be their best games, but it's still a start for them to try something new. They just need sequels.

    I personally think the developers of the Seven Deadly Sins game should have developed One Piece game instead Spike because they would add adventure/free roaming/RPG and fighting. It would be One Piece Burning Blood + One Piece Pirate Warriors. This way pleases every One Piece fan.

    No developer is limited to one game dude. Look up Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet, it's develop by Dimps and not Artdink this time. One day, I hope Dimps develops a One Piece game.

  19. #59

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Look no further than One Piece Pirate Warriors series, this game was published by Bandai Namco, yet Koei Tecmo's logo shows up before you play the game,
    Well it makes sense as you just mentioned Omega Force is a company owned by KT with BandaiNamco simply giving them permission to make those games as the own the video game rights to One Piece.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Did One Piece even have another fighting game? (apart from Fighting for One Piece which also tanked),
    Spoiler:








    And if you want to count it Battle Stadium D.O.N
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  20. #60

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    It's important to keep in mind that developers alone aren't the key to whether a game is good. It's the director/team/talent behind the developer that matters the most.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts