+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    That was bad by virtue of the fact that as a Musou game which are known for letting you play as any number of characters in it's various modes this game for some reason only let you play as Luffy in the story mode.
    my point, precisely. thanks!

so...we should get some news about this game tomorrow, uh? I hope we get a teaser trailer at least.

I cannot fucking believe this.

They showed OPPW3 Deluxe Edition footage at fullscreen for audience at home but when they showed World Seeker footage it was fucking off-screen.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Trailer !!

https://twitter.com/ScotchInformer/status/942241846222315520

Gameplay looks pretty solid thus far imo, I would like to see a bit more "One Piece" though. And by that, I mean any semblence of known characters you can interact with.

Gonna be 100% honest. This is the best utilization of Luffy's stretching abilities I've seen in a game.
    I'm seeing a lot of elements from western games in the brief glimpse of movement.

Luffy's movement looks great imo, super fluid and pleasing animations. Unfortunately that's about all the praise I have so far on this game. Still not in love with the graphics, I'd have to re-watch a bunch of times but from what I saw the combat looked just okay. Nothing spectacular just yet. Obviously there's still much more to see from this title and I'm willing to wait, I'm not writing it off this soon. It DOES look good enough. I've finally seen it in motion and what I saw was pretty decent tbh.

Looking forward to learning more in the future.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I love how original this looks, completely different from every other One Piece game. Making Jet Pistol function like an actual shooting a pistol, brilliant! Having UFO work like a glider like BotW, hopefully we can use Gum Gum Balloon as well. I can't even imagine going Fourth Gear and flying around like a jet plane!!

The way Luffy travels and fights in that trailer remind me of Infamous.
    That's a good thing in my book, got me interested in seeing more.

I hope this game sells over a million copies and people like PewDiePie plays it for the Pirates Vs Ninjas war. XD
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Official Trailer-
    https://youtu.be/EAy4x0C0v1E

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Honestly, I like it a lot. It's definitely different then the Unlimited series in adventure, and feels much more immersive.

BUT....they gotta have the whole crew playable. Just Luffy would be a real shame. It wouldn't make it awful, but it would be wasted potential. I mean, the stealth aspect is perfect for Nami or Usopp.

What if during traveling or adventure thing we can only use Luffy but after receive the quest sub mission or main mission. We can select other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Honestly, I like it a lot. It's definitely different then the Unlimited series in adventure, and feels much more immersive.

BUT....they gotta have the whole crew playable. Just Luffy would be a real shame. It wouldn't make it awful, but it would be wasted potential. I mean, the stealth aspect is perfect for Nami or Usopp.
    The will of D.

D.L.C. that is
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Looks amazing.
    Can't wait for more reveals.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Idk but that looks pretty damn amazing

I love the Spiderman style arm slinging he did with the trees
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Since the game itself is clearly early beta, I think it looks good, but am hoping for the following

-More islands that just that one. I'm hoping that is a "starter" island as it seems very basic for the most part aside from the potential interior and is a relatively bland setting given how rich the One Piece world is.
    -Tweaking the graphics to look more like One Piece style
    -Large enemy variety
    -A good amount of canon One Piece elements. Characters, items, enemies, etc.
    -More RPG elements of Luffy acting like Luffy. He seems a bit too serious from what we've seen.
    -At least one other playable character, and if not, the crew should have a decent screentime.

I am in the understanding that some of these things will probably be addressed in the inevitable sequel, especially the playable characters.

So hyped for this game! Need more info about the game though. Plot is somewhat hinted, Luffy looks amazing, but the land looks empty. That city on the map seems to be the venter of everything with sparsely populated areas. As long as there are plenty of quests and a good amount of cool areas we can explore, Id be set! One cool area besides the city that I found interesting was the one with crystals sticking up from the ground. Im also hoping the big body of water in the middle is used for something like sailing from one side to the other. So far theyve shown off an area on the map that isnt seen so the map may be much bigger than what we see if not just slightly. Come on Ganbarion! Here's tp hoping for plenty of worthwile missions, cool areas to explore, and a decent level of progression!
    Ocean Guide
    "The ocean sees the beginning of the world,
    and the ocean knows the end of the world.
    Thus, it calls us towards the way we must take.
    Thus, it leads us towards a proper world."

If properly exploring the map truly calls for limb stretching and ufo floating and spidermanning to get around, it makes perfect sense to build it around just Luffy. Not being able to play other characters is lame, but okay if they REALLY nail that and make it super crazy enjoyable, exploring and combat variety, the same way its fine having just Link or Spiderman for an entire game.

That said, we kind of expect full SH rosters minumum at this point, so I'd have to hope there'd be some missions or exclusive areas for the others to hang out in or at least have them as NPC allies on missions or SOMETHING. Zoro's in that one screenshot so its not like they're going to be completely absent.

Usopp sniping from some of that stuff would be crazy.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

oh my god, it looks so fluid! i wasn't expecting nothing like that; hope they make way for past and present antagonists to appear somehow, i'm dying to see Linlin in some of those new games.

and, look, Robin can do everything that Luffy can, haha. it would be fun to explore this world with her too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information