+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 324

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

  1. #81

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    My biggest concern at this point is that the world looks rather generic and lacks the weird flavor of One Piece. Not that every island is inspired but this one looks particularly plain, if reasonably pretty.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  2. #82
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    My biggest concern at this point is that the world looks rather generic and lacks the weird flavor of One Piece. Not that every island is inspired but this one looks particularly plain, if reasonably pretty.
    The island is probably the first area of the game. I would really doubt it all occurs there, especially with the hook of Marejois going up in flames and such.

  3. #83

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Here is what I call nice interviews, please watch them both because even though there is a huge overlap between the two interviews some different details are still revealed in one and not the other.
    https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/352413 https://youtu.be/0B5TMMS4MbE
    These confirm many things such as Luffy being the only playable character, there being more maps in the game, and more manga characters being generally in the game.
    I currently have a very optimistic view on the game, while some might get disappointed by the fact that Luffy is the only playable character, I think it's a great idea that will let the developers capitalise and maximize the usage of Luffy's various abilities, because otherwise they would have to make the maps bland/boring to allow other significantly less mobile characters to be as enjoyable.

  4. #84
    Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey.

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    I'm cautiously optimistic. An open world One Piece game sounds fun. The graphics don't look so good, but that doesn't dominate whether or not the game is good. I'm going to be waiting and seeing how this turns out, and hoping for the best. The potential is there.

  5. #85
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Got to admit, I'm pretty bummed about the game being Luffy-only, but I suppose Robby is right, that if it's more flexible in traversing the world with him, then the more static Unlimited style, it's for the best.

    One thing, though. I hope there's more to the enemies then just mooks. Like sub-bosses you can stumble upon by chance. That would be really cool.

  6. #86

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    I'm more pleased that it seems like they're taking their time with this one, with no indication it's being rushed out the door like most licensed games. Looks like this one is getting some polish before the release date.


  7. #87
    Amazing World Garaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Box behind the building

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    I wouldn't count the other Straw Hats out just yet. It's more confirmed Luffy will be the main POV than him being exclusively playable, and I reaaaallly doubt they'd leave the main cast on the side. I imagine it'll be somewhat like Unlimited Adventure Red, where Luffy has his exclusive maps, and then more open areas will be accessible to everyone else.

    Bah, all speculation at this point though. I want to be hyped, but it's too early aaaaaaaah.

  8. #88
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Garaku View Post
    I wouldn't count the other Straw Hats out just yet. It's more confirmed Luffy will be the main POV than him being exclusively playable, and I reaaaallly doubt they'd leave the main cast on the side. I imagine it'll be somewhat like Unlimited Adventure Red, where Luffy has his exclusive maps, and then more open areas will be accessible to everyone else.

    Bah, all speculation at this point though. I want to be hyped, but it's too early aaaaaaaah.
    Zoro was seen in a screenshot. I would guess you can bring along at least one crewmate for your adventures.

  9. #89

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    It has been confirmed in an interview that Luffy is the only playable character. Honestly, this has me more excited for the game. Mainly because I'd rather they work on fine tuning a single character and building a world around their mechanics. I hope they take full advantage of Luffy's moveset when designing and building the world. I know we have only seen one zone so far, but hopefully whenever the next trailer drops, we'll see more. If it is more of the same, then I will start to worry.

  10. #90

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    It has been confirmed in an interview that Luffy is the only playable character. Honestly, this has me more excited for the game. Mainly because I'd rather they work on fine tuning a single character and building a world around their mechanics. I hope they take full advantage of Luffy's moveset when designing and building the world. I know we have only seen one zone so far, but hopefully whenever the next trailer drops, we'll see more. If it is more of the same, then I will start to worry.
    This is the important bit, especially if the crew isn't playable and they just serve as NPC quest givers or something.

  11. #91
    Amazing World Garaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Box behind the building

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    It has been confirmed in an interview that Luffy is the only playable character. Honestly, this has me more excited for the game. Mainly because I'd rather they work on fine tuning a single character and building a world around their mechanics. I hope they take full advantage of Luffy's moveset when designing and building the world. I know we have only seen one zone so far, but hopefully whenever the next trailer drops, we'll see more. If it is more of the same, then I will start to worry.
    I'd like a source on this, otherwise if you're referring to the interviews above, that's not quite enough to be confirmation for a single playable Luffy.

    It's understandable that it'd be nice to have them focus on one character, but I'd like to keep the hope alive that the rest of the crew will be involved outside of the helpful NPC.

  12. #92

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Garaku View Post
    I'd like a source on this, otherwise if you're referring to the interviews above, that's not quite enough to be confirmation for a single playable Luffy.

    It's understandable that it'd be nice to have them focus on one character, but I'd like to keep the hope alive that the rest of the crew will be involved outside of the helpful NPC.
    https://youtu.be/dZoEhfGVLGs?t=1m32s

  13. #93
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Doesn't the Assassin's Creed games have allies who can follow you around and stuff? I would guess the same idea would apply with the crewmates.

  14. #94
    Amazing World Garaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Box behind the building

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Dang well, that's that huh?

    Definitely a shot to the hopes. Not dead hope, but dang that does hurt.

    Welp, back to the hole until the next hype-train comes.

  15. #95
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Also, re-watching the interview, a lot of it is basically:

    Interviewer "Hey, so what about the story/locale/the stealth aspect/characters"

    Nakajima: "Sorry, you'll have to wait until later".

    What was even the point? :P

  16. #96

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    That is more on the interviewer. There are lots of questions that could have been asked. I hope there is a bigger event where journalists can ask questions. I don't know what the criteria for this press one in Paris was. Need less fan questions and more nitty gritty. How long has the game been in development? When do they plan to show more? What does focusing on Luffy allow from a technical standpoint?

    It happens all the time sadly where people ask questions about things not seen to where of course the answer is "wait and see."

  17. #97

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    Wow, very cool

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  18. #98

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    I wonder if Big Mom will make a cameo as a secret boss like WB did in the first Unlimited game.

  19. #99
    #FishLivesMatter BroBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England is my city

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    it looks really good but the world doesn't fit OP and I wish you can play other characters :(
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

  20. #100
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

    We've literally only have seen the Green Hill Zone of the world thus far. :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts