+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: General Square Enix Thread II

Default Re: General Square Enix Thread II

The last four DLC episodes for FFXV:

Episode I: Ardyn “The Conflict of the Sage” (Working Title) (Winter 2019) – This story portrays the struggles of Ardyn. Witness the resentment he harbored towards Lucis for over 2,000 years, and his clashes with the Astrals.
    Episode Side Story: Aranea “The Beginning of the End” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – A side-story about the Starscourge depicted from the Niflheim’s perspective. The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea’s worst day.
    Episode II: Lunafreya “The Choice of Freedom” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – This story’s about Luna’s fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King.
    Episode III: Noctis “The Final Strike” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – Parting ways with the Astrals, Noctis embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people.
    While I'm at it SE opened this:

Luminous Productions was established with the purpose of developing new AAA titles and bringing innovative game and other entertainment content to a global audience.

Staffed with members of the creative team behind "FINAL FANTASY XV" developed within another Square Enix Group studio, Square Enix Co., Ltd., Luminous Productions further builds on Square Enix Group’s vision to create new intellectual properties alongside our existing studios.
    Seems to be due to feeling the Western studio model where each group of developers has their own identity is good for hiring, development, and marketing.

Their CEO has noted that it can be hard to get Square Enix Japan developers to make new ideas because they’re all very concerned about making “Square Enix games” and everyone who wants to join does so to make “Square Enix games” as well. He feels these new identities will help alleviate some of that.

Points from the hiring pages:

1.) They’re still using Luminous Engine.

2.) They’re hiring a Live Service Planner, so they presumably liked how FFXV went.

3.) For their next project, they want to have both a game and business model that’s “ten years ahead of its time”.

4.) It sounds like whatever they’re making will have console, PC, and social game (mobile) versions/components, similar to FFXV.

I played (and beat, which is a big deal for me) FF6 the other day. It was okay. Shows a lot of age, but the ideas were there.
    my favorites were Terra, the Figaro Bros, and Shadow
    I didn't like Locke and Celes and left them out of the final dungeon

I like V, VII, and Tactics more, overall.

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I played (and beat, which is a big deal for me) FF6 the other day. It was okay. Shows a lot of age, but the ideas were there.
    my favorites were Terra, the Figaro Bros, and Shadow
    I didn't like Locke and Celes and left them out of the final dungeon

I like V, VII, and Tactics more, overall.
    My man *high fives*

V don't ever get enough respect

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    My man *high fives*

V don't ever get enough respect
    Job Systems are my life blood. Dualcasting Ultima or Quadmiming Knights of the Round has nothing on the OG Spellblade-Dual Wield-Rapid Fire

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I was young and unimaginative when I first beat it, but I still have fond memories of fighting Neo Exdeath with a Bahamut MIME MIME MIME strategy.

Beyond that, the game is just... fun. The villain is an Evil Tree who at one point fights a turtle. A moogle has the hots for you when you cosplay. A boss tries using holy as a last resort in the No-Magic tower. Gilgamesh. Fun times all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Beyond that, the game is just... fun. The villain is an Evil Tree who at one point fights a turtle. A moogle has the hots for you when you cosplay. A boss tries using holy as a last resort in the No-Magic tower. Gilgamesh. Fun times all around.
    FFV is like one of those goofy 90s fantasy adventure anime distilled perfectly in game form, it doesn't break new ground often but it just has so much fun with its characters, story, and setting.
    the main party consists of a manchild hobo, a renegade princess, a different renegade princess who doesn't a shit about your gender norms, a wacky old man, and that wacky old man's equally wacky granddaughter who talks to squirrels, all supervised by a sassy shittalking turtle, locked in mortal combat against a tree made of demons in a suit of armor, aided by his minion, gilgamesh.

and also
    Spoiler:

Dancer Bartz is, without a doubt, the spiciest protagonist in Final Fantasy

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

FFV is the clear economic boost we have all been looking for seeing as it is the one final fantasy that has contributed to jobs more than any other

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    FFV is the clear economic boost we have all been looking for seeing as it is the one final fantasy that has contributed to jobs more than any other
    I thought FFIII did that first.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I thought FFIII did that first.
    Not the cross up mix and match that somehow never got used ever again until Bravely Default. I guess other games tried to have characters learn skills with some flexibility via materia, gems, etc? but none with quite the versatility of FFV. When you've got so many different jobs to choose from, unemployment is at an all time low

The Final Fantasy Tactics series and Final Fantasy X-2 (sorta) utilized the mix and match. V perfected it just because the 'freelancer' class existed.

I m currently trying to finish Lost Sphear on the Switch and even though the game isnt that bad the ratio of dialogue to gameplay is annoying as fuck if you want to follow the story and not just skip the dialogue. Setsuna did that better as far as I remember.
    Anyways, did anyone play the octopath traveler and if so, do you think that game could be get a good RPG game?

So in other news Dan Tsukasa, a Game Dev/3D Artist working in Japan (he's followed by Swery and ex-FFXV Lead Designer Wan Hazmer on Twitter) had this to say on FF7R:

Nomura is barely ever there, he's director largely in name alone. He spends the vast majority if his time in Osaka on KH3, as thats where he lives, during the week at least.
    Dan_Tsukasa said:
    They don't have 4 years of work, they have 2. The announcement that square was taking the game away from Cyberconnect2, they didn't take it away and continue it, they started it again because cyber connects work was just so useless and not far enough along, but still far enough along that remaking it was faster than refactoring it... (it wasn't in a good state at all).

I'll explain it this way. When has a company taking work away from another company ever been a positive sign of things? I know CyberConnects work was unusable, I've worked with them before, i know their level.

And i know they outsourced to hell and back in order to get things to the point we saw them publicly, and it still wasn't enough to save them.
    I'm not speculating though. Ive worked with these people and know people working still at both square and CC2, I'm explaining what happened from what I know.
    CC2 was Nomura idea for a studio to chose btw.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/fi...a-full-remake/

'll explain it this way. When has a company taking work away from another company ever been a positive sign of things?
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?
    They basically remade it, they didn't take what KP did as far as I know.

KP wanted to make a game where you could stealth around and everything was cutable and trying to design lvl's and scenarios for combat was such a hassle for a new time.

Platinum just took a basic idea in a more combat heavy direction with minimal cutting.

You guys...

Hidden:

...He's so hot...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hidden:

Hidden:
    Last edited by Insider2000; May 15th, 2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: And the secondary costume... I can't breaf...

How does he fit into the leaks/hints a while ago?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    How does he fit into the leaks/hints a while ago?
    -Male character from the early half of the series
    Fits perfect. That's the only hint I heard. Some people in here said a 'villain', but I hadn't heard that anywhere but here.

They confirmed that the final two male characters will be villains as well.

Not too hype about Locke, he looks about as good as they could make him, but he's one of my least favorite characters from FF6 and I would have liked Edgar or Sabin or Shadow a lot more......

I'm also absolutely paranoid that the female character they're adding next is Rinoa, which would be completely terrible. FF8 getting as many reps as it would have then before other games even get a villain rep doesn't sit well with me at all

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Most people think the female character is going to be a XIV rep. Since XIV doesn't have a solitary villain, it's either going to be Yda (who recently had a large story arc in the recent expansion) or Ysayle (who is popular for having a really awesome boss fight in the form of her transforming into Shiva).

But who knows.

14 sorta does have a central villain with Elidibus, but unless they wanted to pull from the Lahabrea, Nabriales, and Ascian Prime fights, he doesn't have to work with.
    The producer of 14 also said that he'd want Nael van Darnus or Zenos yae Galvus as villain reps, and I could see either of them working well. Nael is a proxy for one of the single most important entities in the game (Bahamut) and gives us another spear user
    and Zenos is mad popular and I could see his weeaboo samurai sharingan being fun.

(Also give Kain an estinien skin with unique voice lines, just for kicks)

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information