+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Future Disappointment Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    If she didn't use invisible haki, since that is also a thing, and with her brute force, using also her haki on top of it and her elemental homies would just be overkill. The doflamingo thing was similar to usopp awaken it to save luffy, same way it could have been used for them to save sanji, or now with bm. And not just extreme battles, luffy and usopp just faced extreme 'need to save someone fast'.

With how present haki is in the story( it's like the df everyone has in nw), you would think Shs would talk about it from now and then, and not pretend it's not there.
    If there's no intention to take time out of the story to awaken it in the other Straw Hats, then there's no point in wasting panels with a vapid discussion about it

Sure, the Straw Hats may have managed to unlock COA if they had a big toe to toe clash with Big Mom, but Oda decided to have them deal with her in another way.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Didn't Luffy said something similar when he was fighting Rob Lucci? That is the general idea I got from this fight. Luffy needs to distract Katakuri until they have to escape or defeat him before then. The objective change because Luffy saw an opportunity and he still has several hours to spare.

Mainly, if Luffy had that thought process with Rob, why not with Katakuri, do we need to see him say the same thing for both scenarios to carry the same consequences. Luffy is in middle of enemy territory, him not knowing what Katakuri is doing would be a risky move.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Sure, the Straw Hats may have managed to unlock COA if they had a big toe to toe clash with Big Mom, but Oda decided to have them deal with her in another way.
    I would compare what they did now, to Usopp's first encounter against Trebol and Sugar. We are missing the second part(shooting across the city - a serious fight) for any type of awakening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Maybe we should all spend more time looking at the drawings, and not just read the dialogues as fast as we can.
    Hackerman
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Didn't Luffy said something similar when he was fighting Rob Lucci? That is the general idea I got from this fight. Luffy needs to distract Katakuri until they have to escape or defeat him before then. The objective change because Luffy saw an opportunity and he still has several hours to spare.

Mainly, if Luffy had that thought process with Rob, why not with Katakuri, do we need to see him say the same thing for both scenarios to carry the same consequences. Luffy is in middle of enemy territory, him not knowing what Katakuri is doing would be a risky move.
    I don't remember anything similar happening against Lucci, and honestly I didn't like the fight, so I'm not gonna read through it now. And even assuming it did, do we need Luffy to repeat it for it to be obvious? Yes, we need it. OP is a kids' story where almost everything is spelled out directly, so if something isn't (and it's not supposed to be a mystery/foreshadowing or easter egg), then it most likely wasn't the intention. Also, Oda writes his story thinking about people picking it up halfway through and not only long-term fans, if he felt need to explain something 10+ years ago, he'd do the same now, because he knows many of his readers don't know about the EL arc.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

I've never gotten the impression that Oda writes his story for people who have never read any preceding arc in the story.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I would compare what they did now, to Usopp's first encounter against Trebol and Sugar. We are missing the second part(shooting across the city - a serious fight) for any type of awakening.
    Maybe you're thinking of his pre gear 2 speech to blueno, he didnt really have time to worry about that because lucci brought up killing his crew a few times
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I don't think Oda ever put hidden intentions behind Luffy's words.
    If Luffy says "I am going back to try to surpass him" it means just that.

Katakuri didn't move one inch during Luffy's 10 minutes of recovery. I don't think he would have after 10 hours.
    I sincerely believe that Brulee is necessary to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    I don't remember anything similar happening against Lucci, and honestly I didn't like the fight, so I'm not gonna read through it now. And even assuming it did, do we need Luffy to repeat it for it to be obvious? Yes, we need it. OP is a kids' story where almost everything is spelled out directly, so if something isn't (and it's not supposed to be a mystery/foreshadowing or easter egg), then it most likely wasn't the intention. Also, Oda writes his story thinking about people picking it up halfway through and not only long-term fans, if he felt need to explain something 10+ years ago, he'd do the same now, because he knows many of his readers don't know about the EL arc.
    Just because it's intended for Japanese teens/ adolescents doesn't mean all of the readers have the brain of a child. I can say I really don't need a storyteller holding my hand explaining every pannel to me forme to get a grasp on what is trying to be said.also people picking up on one piece....say Midway through like maybe they became fans around punk hazard or so, did they really just act like that was the beginning of the story? Why would they not go back and read from romance dawn

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    I don't know, this is something that has been established time and time again throughout the story. Luffy takes on the enemy that is the biggest threat to the crew. This is sometimes even said by the characters, but they do not say it every single time. There is no complex thought process about how the Katakuri vs Luffy fight is going on. Luffy understood that Katakuri was going to present the biggest threat to their escape, so he went to fight him in the mirror world. As he did that, he saw the opportunity to get stronger so he is using the time he has left before the rendezvous to achieve a new level of strength. However, that does not mean that the previous reason for him to seclude Katakuri disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of his pre gear 2 speech to blueno, he didnt really have time to worry about that because lucci brought up killing his crew a few times
    I am just saying that with the fact that:

1. We have seen new people come in to the mirror world. Even when we don't know what did Luffy did to Brulee.
    2. Luffy does not know the extent of Brulee's abilities.
    3. Katakuri is a threat if left unattended.

That Luffy cannot just escape and leave him there. And we know that he didn't leave him alone for long period of times, because Luffy was traveling between islands before he decided to come back and train.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I don't think Oda ever put hidden intentions behind Luffy's words.
    If Luffy says "I am going back to try to surpass him" it means just that.
    What hidden intentions are you talking about?

Katakuri didn't move one inch during Luffy's 10 minutes of recovery. I don't think he would have after 10 hours.
    But it seems he did move. This is reflected by those panels where the different islands are reporting about seeing Luffy before he decided to take on Katakuri. You can see Katakuri is exasperated, he releases a sigh, that to me means that every time Luffy went back into the Mirror World to go to another island to rest, Katakuri tried to catch him.

I sincerely believe that Brulee is necessary to get out.
    You do need her to go in and out any specific mirror. But I do believe that her house serves as a permanent gate to and from the mirror world. We can disagree on this, but with how we have seen her ability works and in what state her house in, I am pretty sure that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

I don't know, this is something that has been established time and time again throughout the story. Luffy takes on the enemy that is the biggest threat to the crew. This is sometimes even said by the characters, but they do not say it every single time. There is no complex thought process about how the Katakuri vs Luffy fight is going on. Luffy understood that Katakuri was going to present the biggest threat to their escape, so he went to fight him in the mirror world. As he did that, he saw the opportunity to get stronger so he is using the time he has left before the rendezvous to achieve a new level of strength. However, that does not mean that the previous reason for him to seclude Katakuri disappears.

I am just saying that with the fact that:

1. We have seen new people come in to the mirror world. Even when we don't know what did Luffy did to Brulee.
    2. Luffy does not know the extent of Brulee's abilities.
    3. Katakuri is a threat if left unattended.

That Luffy cannot just escape and leave him there. And we know that he didn't leave him alone for long period of times, because Luffy was traveling between islands before he decided to come back and train.

What hidden intentions are you talking about?

But it seems he did move. This is reflected by those panels where the different islands are reporting about seeing Luffy before he decided to take on Katakuri. You can see Katakuri is exasperated, he releases a sigh, that to me means that every time Luffy went back into the Mirror World to go to another island to rest, Katakuri tried to catch him.

You do need her to go in and out any specific mirror. But I do believe that her house serves as a permanent gate to and from the mirror world. We can disagree on this, but with how we have seen her ability works and in what state her house in, I am pretty sure that is the case.
    Once you shared that pic of her house I jumped ship to her house being a door too, that was a good catch I completely missed that

>When you have Brook talking with Pedro about Luffy's fortituous luck towards the path of becoming Pirate King
    >When you have Bege state that the future can be changed to the very man that sees it.
    >When you have the author putting to fight those two characters, and the lucky man wants to learn how to see the future like the other, forgetting about a real countermeasure to his other skill, a new hardening level...

Is when it's normal to doubt if this is going right.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information