+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Default Re: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    At the very least, not all races seem to age the same. Here's Hajrudin at age 18:

https://i.imgur.com/5Q7628w.jpg?1

So Pudding being pretty young would still be pretty weird, but not out of the question.
    Giants lifespans are 3x humans so I assume he's realy like 6 here in human years and although he's like 80-90 now he's in his mid-late twenties

Im still betting it'll either be due to her being adopted, some memory shenanigans or oda just made a mistake with the number for Flambeč. Oda has stuck to his no fanservice under 16 standard for a while and while pudding really hasnt had a lot of that either his drawing style is also different.

I feel this may take a while to learn what is the case but I dont think pudding is under 16 years old
    Last edited by Long John Silvers Rayleigh; January 12th, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I do like how Luffy is beginning to "bloom" his haki in this difficult fight to see the future as does Katakuri. I'm sure Luffy will show to notice it, and begin to harness it, and Katakuri likewise will start to worry and become flustered and angry at Luffy becoming more powerful.

It certainly seems that Katakuri could have mastered this haki at a very young age against someone incredibly strong, and since then has remained undefeated. If what Rayleigh stated is true, you cannot truly train such a great haki unless you encounter/fight someone stronger, then this must hold true for him. It would be nice to see a quick flashback of Katakuri's past as Luffy starts to punch the shit out of him. In that way, hopefully it can calm some fans that think this "power-up" is shitty.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

It is odd Flambe's age was mentioned in her introduction, but Oda has messed a few things up in the arc like the Mochi-Mochi Fruit being a Logia, and Praline and Joscaprone having the same birth order...

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I'm still not sure how to process Luffy acclimating himself to foresight Observation Haki. I feel like there is more than a 50% chance that it becomes as irrelevant as Observation Haki usually is post-Fishman Island. I feel as though it's too tricky for Oda to constantly incorporate into fights without them becoming too complex to follow or have fun with.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I'm still not sure how to process Luffy acclimating himself to foresight Observation Haki. I feel like there is more than a 50% chance that it becomes as irrelevant as Observation Haki usually is post-Fishman Island. I feel as though it's too tricky for Oda to constantly incorporate into fights without them becoming too complex to follow or have fun with.
    huh? Who is not having fun with the way Katakuri fights? Anyway, I doubt Luffy will see future like Katakuri, I think he will only be able to read Katakuri attacks very well which in turn "may" frustrate Katakuri.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

So Katakuri will get mental breakdown after Luffy smashes his back into the ground ?

Then Katakuri will be unable to process what happened and Luffy will use that moment when Katakuris emotions take over to take him out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    huh? Who is not having fun with the way Katakuri fights? Anyway, I doubt Luffy will see future like Katakuri, I think he will only be able to read Katakuri attacks very well which in turn "may" frustrate Katakuri.
    Katakuri's battle is fun because of his Devil Fruit. The foresight stuff is mostly interchangeable with having superior speed stats if you look at the panels without context from the text.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Katakuri's battle is fun because of his Devil Fruit. The foresight stuff is mostly interchangeable with having superior speed stats if you look at the panels without context from the text.
    Its like Luffy fighting Dark Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Its like Luffy fighting Dark Luffy.
    I was thinking more Waluffy or Shadow the Monkey.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I was thinking more Waluffy or Shadow the Monkey.
    Isn't Blackbeard more like Waluffy?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Isn't Blackbeard more like Waluffy?
    Good point.

I guess Bellamy is... Bizarro lol.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Good point.

I guess Bellamy is... Bizarro lol.
    Bizarro! I love you! Bizarro!

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Good thing Katakuri continues to give Luffy a hard time, so we don't get a weird 180° turnaround and subsequent victory of Luffy out of the blue. Can't wait for him to be beaten, loosing his muffler in the final beatdown, only for Flambe to loose her mind about his giant mouth full of sharp teeth, subsequently realizing she should actually be worried about him having been beaten. Now that the cake is almost at Big Mum it will be interesting to see how the entire situation will finally play out.
    We all float down here!

I quite like Flambe's introduction; she really looks quirky and fits with the family. As for Oda specifying her actual age in her introduction box I can think of a few reasons. Firstly, the age of marriage in Japan is 16 and Oda has (for better or for worse) faithfully stuck to not sexualising anyone under the age of 16 so Oda's point for specifying Flambe as 15 is to say: look reader, this girl is underage and will not be sexualised, she is the epitome of innocent and naive little sister who idolises her precious big brother. Look at her clothes even, she is mostly covered and reminds me of Baby 5 when she was 14-15.

The fight with luffy makes me think that we will see Luffy level-up his Observation Haki but it might be slightly different than Kata's.

Couldn't agree more with this. What we're seeing in the current fight is what observation haki should have been doing all along anyway - for proficient users at least - when instead it mostly served to as a hype tool against mooks. I feel this new level of progression will only serve to bring Luffy on par with Yonkou (commander)-tier opponents without changing much in how the action looks to the reader.

From now on one piece fights will look like this
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Hackerman
    Spoiler:

Oda, do you really think introduicing new character now is a good idea? It's too late to introduce important character (even Katakuri seems somewhat weird with skipping first 30 chapters and becoming shared main villain) and if she's a filler, it's way too late for that right now as well. Unless she's a character for future arcs, but I doubt that.

Anyway, is Pudding really supposed to be no older than 15? Well, in my country it's legal age (), so I have nothing against Sanji, but it's still looks somewhat weird. Making a mistake in numbering with tertiary characters like Praline or Joscarpone is one thing, but Pudding is among this arc's main characters. Unless it's Flambe that has the wrong numbering. Also, if Pudding is really 15 years old than her actions this arc suddenly feel substantially more natural,

As for Luffy, I'm on-board with Count Mario on this one. I could see ability like this working for Usopp, but with Luffy it was usually all creativity and thinking out of the window once we're past the halfway of the fight, I don't believe in Oda changing it, especially that most of the fans like it that way. So it's gonna be downplayed later leading to countless questions of "why didn't he just..." and making all of this a pointless filler... or am I being too negative here?

The best thing about this chapter is that we're likely finished with the transitory period and we can start the climax proper. I'm especially glad that cake is here before th Vinsmokes.

EDIT: I forgot is this chapter implying that Katakuri's future seeing is reading intent and aura lik what we've seen in Skypiea? Because that's definitely not how it worked when he saw Pudding falling during the wedding. Oh well... I hope everyone sees why I don't think Oda can go anywhere with this.
    Last edited by Koliber; January 13th, 2018 at 04:29 AM.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    Oda, do you really think introduicing new character now is a good idea? It's too late to introduce important character (even Katakuri seems somewhat weird with skipping first 30 chapters and becoming shared main villain) and if she's a filler, it's way too late for that right now as well. Unless she's a character for future arcs, but I doubt that.

This is all very true, but I came to terms with how a bunch of things about Katakuri's existence seem last minute ever since seeing Katakuri's out of nowhere snack time session in the Mirror World. The spectators in this chapter give the fight more weight than it had before, so while it is far from perfect, I'll take what I can get.

The best thing about this chapter is that we're likely finished with the transitory period and we can start the climax proper. I'm especially glad that cake is here before th Vinsmokes.
    A part of me is hoping for a random twist of that ship in the distance being the Vinsmokes to troll everybody's expectations lol.

This is all very true, but I came to terms with how a bunch of things about Katakuri's existence seem last minute ever since seeing Katakuri's out of nowhere snack time session in the Mirror World. The spectators in this chapter give the fight more weight than it had before, so while it is far from perfect, I'll take what I can get.
    Well, I too enjoy Katakuri, he's my favorite newly-introduced character this arc, ad favorite WCI-villain as well.

A part of me is hoping for a random twist of that ship in the distance being the Vinsmokes to troll everybody's expectations lol.
    Usually I would be all for the troll like this, but we've been in "running" period of this arc for 20 chapters now I think, longer than in Dressrosa. It's time to stop.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

One thing i do enjoy about the BM pirates is that their organization seem to be very flat in it's hierarchy. BM herself seems to do very little ruling beyond throwing fits based on food or temper and the siblings who make things happen don't really seem to pull rank on each other. Like if they didn't hammer home official ranks in the intro boxes i would have a hard time telling who's above or below who just based on their interactions with each other.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information