+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 6

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Default Soul Calibur VI

The introductory trailer (Mitsurugi and Sophitia):

The 2nd Trailer (Nightmare, Killik, Xianghua and Groh):

Apparently, it's like Street Fighter IV-esque interquel, set one year before Soul Calibur 1.

Default Re: Soul Calibur 6

I wonder who are they calling for the Guest Character.

Spoiler:

It'll be Noctis, again.

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I would guess Geralt from The Witcher or William from Nioh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    It'll be Noctis, again.
    It will be Older Noctis this time.

For those curious about Groh's story:

The mysterious Aval Organization was a secret group with origins rooted in ancient times. They say the group came to be when a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart, and with his dying breath, entrusted them with both the blade and his unfinished mission. Each new generation has taken on the group’s mission to rid the world of “Outsiders”—those connected with the cursed sword.

One such member was Grh, about whom little is known save for that he was a fearsome warrior. Though his fighting style is shrouded in mystery, he is believed to have wielded two swords. Some also say he kept a certain technique close to his chest…

Calling that Groh's ultimate weapon will be a dual wield of Soul Blade and Soul Calibur.

Ivy and Zasalamel are in:

Yesssss
    I've been waiting years for Salami to come back
    Looks like he has some cues from Abyss too

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Ivy was a given, but Salami is a surprise.

Now where is my man Cervantes?

Spoiler:

I'm gonna guess that the next reveal is gonna be Taki and Yoshimitsu or Voldo
    plus a new character

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

There's only one return I want, and that's Hwang over that goober Yun-Seong. Come on, Namco, you know no one likes him.

considering SC6 is back in time, the Korean Krew is probably gonna make a return

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Give me a superior custom character creation and my money shall be yours. (I created so many cool chars on my PSP)
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Waiting on mah boi Maxi to be announced!

Also. Don't talk to me about chacracter creator! (I may have a problem)

Spoiler:

[
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    The 2nd Trailer (Nightmare, Killik, Xianghua and Groh):

Apparently, it's like Street Fighter IV-esque interquel, set one year before Soul Calibur 1.
    I'm not sure if I'm getting this. The only time I ever seriously played Soul Calibur was in college when friends would gather in one room and play each other.

Ivy and Zasalamel are in:

As usual Ivy looks fucking ridiculous. She should be so much cooler, but she shouldn't be able to move without her clothes falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm getting this. The only time I ever seriously played Soul Calibur was in college when friends would gather in one room and play each other.

As usual Ivy looks fucking ridiculous. She should be so much cooler, but she shouldn't be able to move without her clothes falling off.
    Personally, I never liked Ivy's dominatrix clothes in any game, and prefer her more formal alt outfits.

Yes, yes I know. In a world where people from around the world can understand eachother and have no racism at all and fight for a evil, sentient sword with no bloodshed at all, a minor grip-page about a baroness dressing like a dominatrix is a relatively minor complaint, but still!

Ivy is doomed to looked stupid but I thought her SCV look managed to be a classy enough take on her usual get-up to not be egregious
    that said, given the time period for the game, I hope she gets an HD version of her cool SC1/2 alt

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

It was nice that they at least threw us a bone and gave us an alt outfit that made her look like a fabulous French noble instead of a dominatrix.

Yes, yes I know. In a world where people from around the world can understand eachother and have no racism at all and fight for a evil, sentient sword with no bloodshed at all, a minor grip-page about a baroness dressing like a dominatrix is a relatively minor complaint, but still!
    You say minor, but it's important for girls who play video games (and there are plenty) to know they can be strong without looking like a sex object.

Like, oh, this:

It was fabulous. Even when you fought and knocked pieces of her armor off she was completely covered up underneath. Like a person wearing armor should be.

I played two SC games, and I still don't know of any background reasons Ivy's dressed like a dominatrix?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information