+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 894: 12:05 AM

Default Re: Chapter 894: 12:05 AM

What if sanji is searching for the vinsmokes to ask their help?
    Mama is too skinny (and she seems way too debilitated), i'm starting to think that she will actually be killed by capone...i guess, at this point a return match against the mama's pirates is impossible: or they'll become rufy's allies in the next big war (kata and luffy bff) or she's going to die now.

Snack ?! Snake Man ?! Giant Smoothie ?!

Snake? Snake!
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

XD I was thinking the same thing. Oda has to make a reference to Kojima's baby.

You can't get more solid than with armament haki after all.

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    The part with Prometheus being too slow because of its size was sad. Why doesnīt it just make itself smaller then? Too convenient again.
    Kinda like with our Sun (and the stars).. the bigger they are the more fuel is used and the quicker they die compared to smaller stars. Plus maybe if he went back to his smaller form he wouldn't be able to carry Big Mom
    beware

The way i understood it is basically Luffy saying this will end the fight if you let me transform since last time, Katakuri interfered and buried him in Mochi, and Kata says i have already answered you, meaning since itīs a manīs duel, do your best.

Or itīs really a convo dictated by the future but then why speak in teh first place...

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    The flashback bit about Luffy and reading his opponent's personality has piqued my interested, though. Could this mean he has been exploiting Katakuri's pride and eagerness for challenge, willingly taking hit after hit only to stall for time ?
    It'd be completely out of character for him. If he didn't want to win by waiting for Katakuri to run out of haki, then even less chance that he'd intentionally hold back and take hits just to prevent Katakuri from taking their battle seriously. He's not doing that, instead what he's doing is using the extreme conditions of this battle to push himself to improve his CoO.

From what I understand, the point of the flashback is to outline nature of Luffy's CoO and add context to his ability, so it isn't just a boring video-game-like stat with numberical skill level. It explains more about his character, gives an insight into circumstances for his past and future behavior and decisions as character.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Aside from Luffy's new form, the fast pan-shots between Luffy vs. Katakuri and "the outside of Mirro-World" tell me that the finale isn't that far away anymore (as well as the exact indications of time).
    I knew that the decuplets have to be those dudes with the melon hats. But I (stupidly) didn't expect there are also girls among them. The amount of kids should have told me that there are also girls among those decuplets.
    A few BM-Kids names still are missing: that long-arm girl, the sword-person with the onion head and the girl with hair like a "square-patterned" cookie (to name a few). But I guess this is data book-material, just like the WB-Alliance.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

I fear this new g4 form and the eventual resolution of this fight... I really can't see how Oda cannot make it look like an asspull... luffy has taken twelve dozens more attacks then katakuri, but now he's supposed to win?

about smoothie, like other said i think she is taking liquids in to grow
    Last edited by Maju; February 8th, 2018 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    I fear this new g4 form and the eventual resolution of this fight... I really can't see how Oda cannot make it look like an asspull... luffy has taken twelve dozens more attackers then katakuri, but now he's supposed to win?

about smoothie, like other said i think she is taking liquids in to grow
    It's a miracle that Luffy is still standing straigth after all of those hits and mortal injury, but I don't think we've had reasons to doubt power of Gear 4 yet. I don't think it's fair to downplay other elements of battle because of Luffy's illogical and supernatural durability in this fight.

Can't say I liked this chapter. It just felt like padding.

BM moving at a slug-ish pace so prevent her from reaching Bege's ship is SO forced, I am pretty sure I shook my head when I read it. I mean, this woman is a beast destroying everything in her path so she can get this cake, and now it is within her range she is just moving as slowly as possible towards it? "It's because Prometheus can't move too fast when he is that big", well Prometheus can freely control his size so this shouldn't be a problem.

As a fan of the Charlotte family, I am all for having as many of the child being introduced as possible, but this time it felt like it happened just to fill panels. And Snack's introduction being just a small panel in the same page as another 14 kids were introduced was a bit underwhelming... not a fan of his design at first glance, but that could change after a proper look at it (somehow I feel like he will have a cute face).

As for the Smoothie bit, well... it's something! Oda set the bar so low for Smoothie that this little is enough for us to celebrate.

Overall I felt like the chapter was just Oda trying to stretch things out and it could easily be summarized as "a few hours passed and Luffy decided to use a new G4 form... in the next chapter."
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Would have been nice to see Luffy hit him more than once. Would have made it feel more believable once he eventually defeats him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    I couldnīt care less about the BM children names and numbers, but creating new characters seems to be what the author enjoys the most nowadays, so I have to be more thankful for the rest of the panels which I care about. And I guess more witnesses to whatīs about to happen can never hurt.
    Snack is there, he has a big bounty, was defeated by a supernova, and Sanji is going this way. I think that all the other presentations are just "company"

Snack sure looks disappointing. A fat sheep with a scarf and a dick for head.

And sanji going with that smile to take on fleets and armies alone? Where is vergo san to smack some sense into him. with how germa boys are pervs, the megazord likely looks like some iron maiden, perfect for smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    That's a Dango, you uncultured savage.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    His hands are covered with what looks like orthopedic casts. Maybe his entire body is covered with them, and the scarf is hiding a schantz (cervical collar).

Too soon to judge poor Snack based on one panel with 30-40 % of his body shown. But it is strongly alluded he was the weakest of sweet commanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

That how many guys do they have scene really rubbed in how the Strawhats are bringing down the BM pirates with less than half their crew and allies. Feels weird when the BM's have like 70 named characters with large bounties. But eh c'est la vie, they had to do it sooner or later i suppose

So Katakuri has his own version of Red Hawk too, very cool. Loved the chapter, it felt meatier than previous chapters. I like Raisin's design. Smoothie we all secretly want you to be awesome. Rayleigh is too cool. Snake man...?

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Also jesus christ what sort of eating disorder turns you into a skeleton within the span of a day. The lady looks like she could legit drop dead if she doesn't receive her craving soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information