+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

Metroid continues to stay dead.

But Metroid has a high profile title in development... how is that dead...

Talk to the likes of F-Zero and Kid Icarus, where the prospect is bleak.

Advance Wars died at the ripe age of 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Tetris 99?

Just wait for Dr.Mario 99
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Discovered Stowaway

Link's Awakening of all things? It already had its own DX remake on the GBC. Why not just give it the A Link Between Worlds treatment and make an entirely new game out of it but in the same location? Maybe mirror-map it so it at least feels a tiny bit different from ALBW which was far too lazy of a 'requel'.

Link's Awakening DX is not a remake. They just colored the game and added a bonus "color dungeon" which was a gimmick to show off the GBC. Same way they added a random Game Boy Camera feature. I'm hoping they don't alter the core gameplay too much, personally. Added content would be welcome though. And Link Between Worlds was great... man, I find myself disagreeing with almost everything you say that's game-related lol.

IMO the only Zelda games that "need" remakes (as in, they could actually benefit heavily from one) are:

-The Original (Get rid of the NES-isms like bland repetitive dungeon aesthetics, and hiding things behind indistinguishable walls, maybe add an easy mode.)
    -Zelda II (Same as the original, but it's also the most obscure "major" game anyway. I think people are also more okay with non-traditional Zelda after BoTW. also it's the only one I haven't played)
    -Four Swords Adventure for the Gamecube (A fun and obscure game, probably the best version of Four Swords, but almost nobody could actually play the multiplayer because you needed multiple GBAs with Gamecube connectors. Could actually work really well on the switch.)
    -Spirit Tracks (The flute is the shittiest and most unresponsive mechanic in the entire series. A lot of people complain about the motion controls in Skyward Sword, but I don't think I've heard anyone get genuinely walled from completion like some people have with the flute. Seriously, on one playthrough half of my time with the final boss was spent on that interlude with the flute instead of the actual battle.)
    -Skyward Sword (while not as bad as the Spirit Tracks flute, the motion controls were finicky enough that a game without them would probably be better. More importantly, they should cut down on 80% of Fi's dialogue. She really is that bad.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Reggie is going to retire come April. Doug Bowser will succeed him as NoA Preisdent.
    https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/s...63535746445314

I won't accept anyone who isn't named Tatanga. The first big villain I crushed with Mario.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Reggie is going to retire come April. Doug Bowser will succeed him as NoA Preisdent.
    https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/s...63535746445314
    So basically we'll be hanging with Mr.Koopa huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So basically we'll be hanging with Mr.Koopa huh?

Hidden:

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

I started a blog about similarities between video game songs and pop culture songs. I would be happy if you could drop by!

https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/PhilsPhindings/

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    IMO the only Zelda games that "need" remakes (as in, they could actually benefit heavily from one) are:

-The Original (Get rid of the NES-isms like bland repetitive dungeon aesthetics, and hiding things behind indistinguishable walls, maybe add an easy mode.)
    Yes.

-Zelda II (Same as the original, but it's also the most obscure "major" game anyway. I think people are also more okay with non-traditional Zelda after BoTW. also it's the only one I haven't played)
    Double yes.

-Four Swords Adventure for the Gamecube (A fun and obscure game, probably the best version of Four Swords, but almost nobody could actually play the multiplayer because you needed multiple GBAs with Gamecube connectors. Could actually work really well on the switch.)
    I resisted the urge to buy that at a used game store a few weeks ago, but you're absolutely right, the Switch could solve any multiplayer issues, and even expand upon them in many ways if they wanted to do more than just a port.

-Spirit Tracks (The flute is the shittiest and most unresponsive mechanic in the entire series. A lot of people complain about the motion controls in Skyward Sword, but I don't think I've heard anyone get genuinely walled from completion like some people have with the flute. Seriously, on one playthrough half of my time with the final boss was spent on that interlude with the flute instead of the actual battle.)
    Thank you! I'm completely stuck in that game because somehow the Wii U gamepad makes this abomination even harder to resolve.

-Skyward Sword (while not as bad as the Spirit Tracks flute, the motion controls were finicky enough that a game without them would probably be better. More importantly, they should cut down on 80% of Fi's dialogue. She really is that bad.)
    Curiously I've never been remotely (ha) exasperated by the controls in Skyward Sword despite what I hear from other players. Only occasionally it'll cancel a Skyward Strike charge up without warning but nothing that really bothered me.

I could buy and play crypt of the necrodancer again

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Does anyone else think the Super Mario Bros. movie could have worked if it was a Smash Bros. movie? I think the fact that none of it makes any sense would actually be in its favor.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I could buy and play crypt of the necrodancer again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd_pph6RnI
    That actually looks really compelling to me, and their choice of music for the trailer is like a cherry on top. It looks like new content though right? Or did they just reskin the original REALLY well? I never played it because, well... despite being intrigued conceptually, I never felt any excitement or appeal watching actual gameplay. Now I do. Call me shallow I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information