+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 901 to 908 of 908

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

  1. #901
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    As it is, I'm perfectly content with the M3 translation Mato did. It's Nintendo's loss if they don't want to capitalize on it, and if they made their own separate translation, it'd probably have to work to measure up to Mato's great stuff, anyway.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  2. #902

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    As a product, Mato's translation is excellent. But out of principle, Mother 3 should be officially localized (be it with the Mato translation or redone or whatever) just for formal exposure of it to a wider audience than just people who play smash bros or are fervent fans of the series. At the minimum, it would reduce the number of people who insinuate that the writing in the game sounds kind of stupid off of a synopsis.

  3. #903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Yeah Nintendo's logic is weird people wanted Mother 3 localized......so they randomlylocalized the first game which isn't as well liked or *cough* well designed as the 2nd game (have yet to play 3). Who knows people can keep asking for Mother 3 and instead they localize Captain Rainbow, gotta keep them guessing.
    There actually might be a complete unreleased translation of Captain Rainbow sitting around. :P

    The European release was cancelled at the last minute so who knows?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'll just buy the game via ebay being that it's on the list of games I missed the first time around I had a gamecube.

    Though they do got to do something with Path Of Radiance the markups on that game is ridiculous.
    Just mod a Wii U. It's backwards compatible with Gamecube games but Nintendo never officially implemented that feature.

  4. #904

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post


    Just mod a Wii U. It's backwards compatible with Gamecube games but Nintendo never officially implemented that feature.
    Kind of impractical to do that when there's not a whole lot of anything on the Gamecube's library that I could justify modding a WiiU to play......and when I already have the Gamecube anyway (and yes this in spite of the fact I bought two separate PS2's one of which is modded).

    I honestly don't mind paying the markups since their high prices ensure that they'll be around long enough for me to get it by putting money to the side that's what I did for the Gamecube Component cables.

    I expect my collection will involve the following before I'm set

    - Paper Mario TTYD
    - MGS Twin Snakes
    - Viewtiful Joe (because Capcom would rather remaster and rerelease Okami)
    - Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader
    - One of the Mario Party games
    - Mario Kart Double Dash
    - FE POR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #905
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Kind of impractical to do that when there's not a whole lot of anything on the Gamecube's library that I could justify modding a WiiU to play......and when I already have the Gamecube anyway (and yes this in spite of the fact I bought two separate PS2's one of which is modded).

    I honestly don't mind paying the markups since their high prices ensure that they'll be around long enough for me to get it by putting money to the side that's what I did for the Gamecube Component cables.

    I expect my collection will involve the following before I'm set

    - Paper Mario TTYD
    - MGS Twin Snakes
    - Viewtiful Joe (because Capcom would rather remaster and rerelease Okami)
    - Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader
    - One of the Mario Party games
    - Mario Kart Double Dash
    - FE POR
    I just kept my old Wii around for playing GC games. I can't believe Smash Bros. Melee wasn't on your list! Mine would also have included Eternal Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine and probably one or two things that haven't gotten a re-release on the Wii or Wii U.

    I really hope Nintendo isn't just intentionally withholding localized versions of things like Mother 3 and remasters of Paper Mario TTYD for a rainy day when their fiscal year is going crappily and they need something they know will be big to create an instant cash cow.

  6. #906

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I just kept my old Wii around for playing GC games. I can't believe Smash Bros. Melee wasn't on your list!
    Had it originally, just bought it again two weeks ago......forgot how obnoxious unlocking some of the stuff was.


    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Now this I actually did forget (along with Megaman.EXE Network Transmission) kind of debating getting japanese version being I already had the english version when it originally came out eventhough the japanese version had a couple of hiccups that the english release fixed but of course it has Mario speaking which someone on the localization team felt the need to remove for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #907
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Had it originally, just bought it again two weeks ago......forgot how obnoxious unlocking some of the stuff was.




    Now this I actually did forget (along with Megaman.EXE Network Transmission) kind of debating getting japanese version being I already had the english version when it originally came out eventhough the japanese version had a couple of hiccups that the english release fixed but of course it has Mario speaking which someone on the localization team felt the need to remove for some reason.
    Network Transmission...now, I know that one was exclusive to the GC but I just couldn't wrap my head around it after falling in love with the actual Megaman Battle Network RPG games.

  8. #908

    Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

    In the realm of games being brought back out of nowhere....

    https://gematsu.com/2019/08/bubble-b...ced-for-switch

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts