+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 897: Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan

Default Re: Chapter 897: Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan

I still dont get the part when Kata stood up when Luffy climbed up the hole he fell into. It was like, Kata's body involuntarity stood himself up to his feet out of reflex as to not letting anyone see himself lying on the ground. But in the end, he still succumbed to the damage he took throughout their entire match. That, or he's Kenpachi-ing Luffy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Oh, then I was too late.. Thank you for the info :)
    And thank you Stephen for your hard work on your official translations and podcast.
    Oh, I didn't mean to make it a race or anything. Having that information here is pretty swell too since not everyone listens to the podcast.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I've checked my raw chapter.

- Apparently scanlations didn't mention this, but Oven's punch to Pekoms "Heat Beating" is a Japanese pun. In raw chapter, there is a furigana "ヒートデナッシ" (人でなし) which means "You brute!", perhaps referring to Pekoms' violent behavior to point a gun to Oven's sister. Plus, it literally refers to Pekomas' race: not human (Mink)
    Hmmm .. I stopped at this too when I read the raw .
    Didn't think of it that way .. I thought " heat ...? what " (デナッシ?) . Could it be possibly mean something else in another language ? .

Also I liked "heat wave punch/fist" better since Oven is obviously throwing a punch .

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    Stephen mentioned it on the podcast this week. It's similar to Daifuku's 'Maji Giren' attack apparently. Oda is just magnificent with puns.
    Speaking of which, wouldn't Daifuku be a perfect opponent for Zoro since they all have the word "Demon" in their attacks?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    How is Katakuri faster. I never got that from the fights.
    Watch-man's point is not so far from reality.

Everytime Katakuri displayed a copy of any Luffy's technique to counter, he performed his speed at work, seeing doing it and copying to do it are different things, it really makes him fast enough to handle bigger limbs or re-create others to hit Luffy's punches... Luffy stands above him on agility and endurance, which both are top-tier.

When things heated-up, Katakuri also showed his choreography to counter Luffy's Black Mamba, which for his own words is faster than his usual punches. The man is still a little bit faster than Luffy.

This battle proved something... Luffy and Katakuri are paired on only one thing after the battle... which is the capacity to perform CoO and CoA at the same time. Before, Luffy never showed to use actual CoO on battle, only using his agility that obviously lacks in the most dangerous moments.

Strength-wise, Luffy got the level of Caesar, so to speak, Monkey-chan still lacks a lot in the way to become the strongest man around.

Thanks Sandman, your posts are always welcomed!
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Luffy is not on par with Katakuri.. he is lacking in many departments compared to him.. Weaker CoO, weaker CoA, Katakuri is also faster and only clear advantage Luffy has is his durability.
    Luffy matched Katakuri's COO and then matched his speed after activating Snakeman. So in addition to his durability he pretty much surpasses Katakuri overall and would probably win again if the two fought again.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Luffy matched Katakuri's COO and then matched his speed after activating Snakeman. So in addition to his durability he pretty much surpasses Katakuri overall and would probably win again if the two fought again.
    He occasionally matched katakuri, rayleigh made a point to say luffy probably couldnt get to that level in only 2 years, katakuri mentioned it worked but not as reliably. But yeah I guess Katakuri's attack being much higher than base luffy (probaboy equal to G3) and higher than even snakeman dont matter as much if you consider luffy's defense is higher still. Like a 100/80 off def split would still not be able to KO a 90/120 split or whatever.

No flampe and I still think katakuri wins this though despite luffy's improvements beforehand. That's just part of the circumstances, that luffy earned his respect enough for him to do it in the 1st placs in another.

A rematch IMO say after they both recover fully would have luffy with a very slight advantage
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

He almost catched up to Katakuris CoO, he still has a way to go to match Katakuris CoA. He was matching Katakuris speed only when he went into Snakeman. Check your facts.

Katakuri would be beaten by Luffy if they wpuld have fought again but only after Wano. Lugfy after Wano should have an edge over Katakuri with Mogura.

He almost catched up to Katakuris CoO, he still has a way to go to match Katakuris CoA. He was matching Katakuris speed only when he went into Snakeman. Check your facts.
    ...Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. Luffy can activate Snakeman at any time so he has nothing to worry about in terms of speed. I'm not too sure about COA...Luffy seemed able to counter Katakuri's strikes perfectly fine in the latter part of the battle. Plus COA superiority/inferiority is (thankfully) rarely the deciding factor in anything unless you have a Zoro-Pica type showdown. Cracker's COA seemed to get the better of Luffy as well but that didn't matter in the end.

Spoiler:

...Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. Luffy can activate Snakeman at any time so he has nothing to worry about in terms of speed. I'm not too sure about COA...Luffy seemed able to counter Katakuri's strikes perfectly fine in the latter part of the battle. Plus COA superiority/inferiority is (thankfully) rarely the deciding factor in anything unless you have a Zoro-Pica type showdown. Cracker's COA seemed to get the better of Luffy as well but that didn't matter in the end.
    Katakuri let Luffy get into Gear Fourth Snakeman.

As far as CoA goes, even at the end of the fight and after using Snakeman, Luffy would still suffer when his punches clashed with Square Mochi:
    Spoiler:

But as for an eventual rematch, Luffy took hours of beating to finally improve all the way to the point he was at the end of the fight. In a rematch he would already start at his "new current level" (meaning he wouldn't need to go through hours and hours of being a punchbag on purpose and getting apparently numerous deadly attacks directly - according to Flambé), the result of a second fight should be clear.

Katakuri let Luffy get into Gear Fourth Snakeman.
    Katakuri prevented Luffy from going into Gear Fourth the first time because his Haki was superior and he could foresee Luffy's every move. Now Luffy has more freedom to activate Snakeman without Katakuri being able to stop him (and it should be noted that he was hitting Katakuri in Ch. 894 before activating Snakeman, so it's not like that's the only thing keeping him afloat)

Spoiler:

Katakuri prevented Luffy from going into Gear Fourth the first time because his Haki was superior and he could foresee Luffy's every move. Now Luffy has more freedom to activate Snakeman without Katakuri being able to stop him (and it should be noted that he was hitting Katakuri in Ch. 894 before activating Snakeman, so it's not like that's the only thing keeping him afloat)
    Luffy asked if Katakuri will let him use Gear Fourth before using Snakeman.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Dude. Luffy beat Katakuri outright last chapter. What are we even discussing? He used the fight to evolve his haki until, by the end, he matched Katakuri, basically. And in the last exchange of blows, he won. End of story. There was no outside help to either side. When there was, it was balanced later by Kata stabbing himself. So what is the question here?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

the only unanswered question left is: how many cavendish is katakuri?
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

(Snakeman - Flambe) x Katakuri = 1080 Cavendish

Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    U right, Law weak cuz he couldn't fight off Issho and Doffy at the same time while protecting CC, beat Trebol and beat Doffy. Lol. I swear how much crap y'all fools give people for losing fights is amazing. I can't wait til the Cracker and Katakuri are fodder chants start.
    =D
    Law gives a full speech before he goes 1v1 with Doflamingo and gets massacred. Literally 2 hit.

Then after when he fights, he still gets beat hard 1 on 1. Law used all his tricks and didn't work, then law got his arm severed off.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This guy said Law beat Doffy. Lol.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by I♥Taeyeon View Post
    I still dont get the part when Kata stood up when Luffy climbed up the hole he fell into. It was like, Kata's body involuntarity stood himself up to his feet out of reflex as to not letting anyone see himself lying on the ground. But in the end, he still succumbed to the damage he took throughout their entire match. That, or he's Kenpachi-ing Luffy haha.
    I took it as he fell initially then got up to fall on his back to show and admit that he had been defeated.

Oh boy, i thought i was the only one at this forum that linked that page to that response from Katakuri back at 883.

Really... ppl saying that Luffy can defeat Katakuri at an endless number of rematches... why don't you first put Luffy Vs Cracker without water... hope to not see then ppl saying Katakuri < Cracker.

If Luffy defeat Doflamingo, Cracker and Katakuri is only thanks to Plot Armor... that armor that made Doflamingo wait for Trebol to end his speeches and make Luffy mad without using Parasite in almost the whole battle and cutting threads (Rubber weakness, for Usopp' sake), that armor that put Nami besides Luffy to defeat Cracker, that armor that made Katakuri suddenly forget everything that Oda build on his character to put him honorable and respect Luffy that much to injure himself.

If i see Zoro putting Haki on the air, then i can perfectly expect Teach to put Haki on Quakes waves and Blackhole doors that shatter the entire world and defeat/crush any opponent... how will Luffy beat that?? Because Plot Armor will be there for him to nerf his opponent someway.

Luffy's fights are one of the most boring things of this series.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

So why does that matter...? Doesn't mean everything Luffy does has to be at Kata's mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Really... ppl saying that Luffy can defeat Katakuri at an endless number of rematches... why don't you first put Luffy Vs Cracker without water... hope to not see then ppl saying Katakuri < Cracker.
    Just because Katakuri might be stronger than Cracker overall doesn't mean Luffy can beat Cracker more easily than Katakuri. That's what adds flavor to OP fights, they're decided by a combination of factors rather than simple power level.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; March 13th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Spoiler:

Luffy vs Cracker without water. An even longer hit and run tactics.

Not sure where Luffy asked Katakuri to transform into gear fourth, snakeman.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information