+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karakuri Circus Anime

Default Karakuri Circus Anime

So lately lots of series under the category "Less likely to have an anime" are getting one, Karakuri Circus by Kazuhiro Fujita is one of them. I hoped for this to happen after the Ushio to Toraīs anime, but seeing it actually become true is amazing. I will update the thread every time that we got new info, until it airs (it wonīt be soon though) The manga is translated until the half (more or less), no one is currently translating it.

Narumi is a young man that learned chinese martial arts and has a weird illness called "Zophama Syndrome", when he sees someone sad he starts to have lots of trouble to breathe and also suffers great pain, it wonīt stop until he makes the other person laugh. Thatīs why he is currenlty working as a Circusīs pet, it is then that he meets Masaru, a yound kid that inherited a fortune from his father, so now the older brothers that got nothing are trying to kill him to get the money, by using not only assassins, but puppets that move on their own or controlled by people. Narumi and Masaru are saved from some of them by Shirogane, a young woman with silver hair and eyes that controls a giant puppet called Halerquin. Thatīs only the start of this series with two sides, Karakuri and Circus.
    Original creator: Kazuhiro Fujita
    Studio: Studio Voln
    Animeīs creative producer: Masao Maruyama
    Release date: Unkown
    Number of episodes: 36

First trailer (without animation):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRoqNWKpiw

Second trailer with animation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ylqUEEO84

Fujitaīs illustration with the main characters to celebrate the anime:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by DestinyDogma; July 31st, 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Default Re: Karakuri Circus Anime

Holy crap! The impossible came true.
    They haven't even cast voice actors. Gonna be a long wait. Hate to sound old but anime has gotten a bit same-y lately. We need more unique adaptions like this. My only fear is it'll be heavily censored. Now, if someone can finish scanlating the manga...

Here's an old animated commercial for the manga:

NNID: jervinnectar

Really? I never expected to see this animated

They'll probably make one season of the most "normal" part of the series and see if it stucks. Its a weird manga that changes tones way too much for the anime market (constantly jumping from a shonen style to depressing and kinda brutal Berserk inspired stuff)

Wonder how long it would be. First half is Narumi's adventure and second half is Masaru's and the finale is Masaru + Narumi (still mostly Masaru though). So it will never do justice if only one gets the spotlight. Fair for both would be a little bit lengthy though. Nonetheless I'll be looking forward to it for sure and crossing my finger that Gekkou Jourei will also receive the same love. The time for Kazuhiro Fujita to receive some Western acknowledgement that he deserved has finally arrived (I'm saying this based on the fact that not many of his manga are scanlated and published at least in America).
    Last edited by redeyes27; March 21st, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyes27 View Post
    Wonder how long it would be. First half is Narumi's adventure and second half is Masaru's and the finale is Masaru + Narumi (still mostly Masaru though). So it will never do justice if only one gets the spotlight. Fair for both would be a little bit lengthy though. Nonetheless I'll be looking forward to it for sure and crossing my finger that Gekkou Jourei will also receive the same love. The time for Kazuhiro Fujita to receive some Western acknowledgement that he deserved has finally arrived (I'm saying this based on the fact that not many of his manga are scanlated and published at least in America).
    Yeah, he is criminally overlooked outside of Japan. Souboutei must be destroyed, his last series, is damn good but the scanlation is too slow to really enjoy it.

So it seems that the anime will only have 36 episodes, 3 episodes less than Ushio to Toraīs anime and Karakuri Circus manga is longer than the first (ten volumes longer) I donīt know how to feel about this, I mean, there are things that can be cut, but I still hoped for a few more episodes.

Source: http://moetron.news/post/172196991715/it-was-announced-at-an-animejapan-stage-event-that

Can I dream that 36 ep is only 1ss and we can get more? Ushio to Tora was easier to adapt thanks to its Monster of the week for the first part. This one though goes on and on. Cutting off anything would hurt my soul so much.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyes27 View Post
    Can I dream that 36 ep is only 1ss and we can get more? Ushio to Tora was easier to adapt thanks to its Monster of the week for the first part. This one though goes on and on. Cutting off anything would hurt my soul so much.
    Fujita himself said "The uninteresting parts of the manga wonīt be animated", he accepted having only 36 episodes to adapt everything despite knowing that lots of fans would have wanted a full adaptation.

Itīs a pity, perhaps it isnīt possible to adapt the whole thing, but even so I think that the anime can work if they adapt the relevant parts, so I am still looking foward to it.

Also here is the story of how the anime came to be:
    The series producer Makoto Kimura was a big fan for the manga since the time of it’s serializetion, so when he talked with Maruyama about it he said: “there’s no one who will do this tough thing so I will do it!”
    https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/977559154796777473

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDogma View Post
    Fujita himself said "The uninteresting parts of the manga wonīt be animated", he accepted having only 36 episodes to adapt everything despite knowing that lots of fans would have wanted a full adaptation.

Itīs a pity, perhaps it isnīt possible to adapt the whole thing, but even so I think that the anime can work if they adapt the relevant parts, so I am still looking foward to it.

Also here is the story of how the anime came to be:
    Not every hero wears a cape and this guy is obviously one of them. Yeah I can think of some parts that he can easily omit but there are not that many of them. But of course I will still be looking forward to it nonetheless. The fact that it got a chance to be on screen at all has already been a dream comes true. That has been fulfilled. Now I will start a new dream of Gekkou Jourei.

Disappointed at the number of episodes but, damn, it's still Karakuri Circus. Right now, my biggest hope is the series getting popular enough for scanlators to pick it up. Don't even think I'll watch past the last translated chapter just in case.

For french speakers the complete scan is available on this site http://karakuricircus.blogspot.fr/ and Kaze should complete Moonlight Act one day (8 volumes left)

After 10 years someone has finally decided to start the scanlation of Gekko Jorei.

It was easy to miss since no one seems to talk about it.

https://mangadex.org/manga/14206/moonlight-act

Woah just in time! Thanks for the heads up I did definitely miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    After 10 years someone has finally decided to start the scanlation of Gekko Jorei.

It was easy to miss since no one seems to talk about it.

https://mangadex.org/manga/14206/moonlight-act
    Thanks for sharing, the first chapter was pretty good, itīs a really interesting concept and Fujitaīs faces are amazing as always.

The anime will air this October, as for the staff:
    • Director: Satoshi Nishimura
    • Series Compositon: Toshiki Inoue, Kazuhiro Fujita (Ushio to Tora)
    • Character Designer: Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Slayers, Trigun)
    • Music: Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu, My Hero Academia)
    • Studio: Studio VOLN, Twin Engine
    We also have the first three seiyuus:
    • Chihiro Ueda as Masaru (an actual child that won the audictions)
    • Megumi Hayashibara as Shirogane (Lina Inverse, Ranma, Hakumen no Mono)
    • Rikiya Koyama as Narumi Kato (EraserHead, Ging Freaks, Kogoro Mouri)

Itīs coming out a lot sooner than I thought, but the staff seems pretty good so far and the seiyuus too. Itīs kind of funny how Megumi went from giving her voice to the big bad of Ushio and Tora to become the seiyuu of the main heroine of Karakuri. I am looking foward to this, even if some parts wonīt make it to the anime.

Edit: Here is a bigger image of the characters
    Spoiler:

Last edited by DestinyDogma; July 29th, 2018 at 04:58 AM.

October? I was shooting for spring 2019 at the earliest, nice. Liking the team behind it. I'm getting excited.

First trailer with actual animation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ylqUEEO84

I
    like Shirogane and Narumiīs voices, Masaru is okay (it seems that the voice actor isnīt a kid, but an adult woman) They look pretty good, but the trailer only covers the first chapter, still pretty damn excited though.

I don't want to set high expectations, but it's tough. No, no, no. Calm down, only 36 episodes…of a manga adaptation I thought I'd never see. I'm so conflicted!

If someone is insterested, the last person that was traslating Karakuri Circus posted this link with the chapters 242-246: https://uploadfiles.io/3yfr8

This doesnīt mean they will continue, but I am still grateful, this time the last chapter translated is a nicer place to stop. Now we have to wait for the anime and hope for another person to continue the manga scalation or for the series to be licensed in english (who I am kidding)

Thank you!
    At least the scanlator isn't leading us on, leaving fans waiting for chapters that'll never come. May take a while (years) but the anime will bring someone willing to scanlate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information