+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pluton, Poseidon, and Uranus

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaliaha
    There are so many cultures that have interesting mythological stories and characters, it would be nice for Oda to mix it up.
    You know culture and ethnicity in OP often interest me....think about it. Characters speak in English, French, Japanese, and more. Myths appear from EVERY culture (japanese oni to Klaubautterman, which I think are german, etc)

Hey hey hey.....we should send him something asking someone to have a jackelope zoan!
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    Characters speak in English, French, Japanese, and more.
    Err, the characters speak only one language, japanese. True that in this language there´s plenty of words that come from other languages like english, german, french to name a view. But they speak in just language.

Many languages in the real world are based on latin words. Some are even almost the same as the latin original, but I would never say that I speak latin just because some latin words are elements of the german language.

Language gets mixed up a lot , we have chauffeur/driver which is French to be an English word and Cou'p de tat[not sure] ,there's lots more , come to think of it, there's always some new words each year added to the English Dictionaries.
    Some Dictionaries have those sounds like "hmmmm" , "aaaaah" included
    If u guys wanna hear a mixed up English, go to Singapore, many people there speak 'Singlish' [a mixed up combo of English,Chinese,Malay, Hokkien,Cantonese n may have many more]
    What I always find amuzing about OP is the japanese puns Oda makes( SogeKing , Oimo etc.)
    Btw ,if Oda's gonna make about 10 ancient weapons, I hope there's one that's an airplane, so far only Maxim was the only vehicle to fly

Quote Originally Posted by mazinkaiser
    Language gets mixed up a lot , we have chauffeur/driver which is French to be an English word and Cou'p de tat[not sure] ,there's lots more , come to think of it, there's always some new words each year added to the English Dictionaries.
    Thanks, I couldn´t think of any examples.

Btw ,if Oda's gonna make about 10 ancient weapons, I hope there's one that's an airplane, so far only Maxim was the only vehicle to fly
    Even bigger thanks for getting us back to the Ancient Weapons. I´m hoping too that one of them will be a flying vehicle. But please no spaceships! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen
    don't be stupid :rolleyes:
    Try to avoid using the word "stupid", especially when you are completely and totally wrong.

There is indeed a trans-Neptunian object, confirmed to be larger than Pluto, that has been nicknamed Xena. It even has a moon dubbed Gabrielle. By any convention that makes Pluto a planet (which is admittedly under debate by scientists, though not by the average layman), 2003 UB 313 is also a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    Ouranos is more common? :huh: Where?
    Google sez:

Ouranos, 715,000 results.
    Uranos, 123,000 results.

Next question.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Discovered Stowaway

well strawhats still have many countrys to visit right? maybe next arc they'll visit indonesia like island, to see candy borobudur

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    Try to avoid using the word "stupid", especially when you are completely and totally wrong.

There is indeed a trans-Neptunian object, confirmed to be larger than Pluto, that has been nicknamed Xena. It even has a moon dubbed Gabrielle. By any convention that makes Pluto a planet (which is admittedly under debate by scientists, though not by the average layman), 2003 UB 313 is also a planet.
    okay, I was wrong about Xena
    but it doesn't change the fact it's a TNO, not a planet, does it?
    Pluto is a planet because it'd be weird to change it back to 8 planets now xD
    Just like chaning it ot 10 planets.. ^^"

edit
    I still think it's the "Pluto-Charon system", not "Pluto" xD guh, however... I'm quiet >__<

Pluto is a planet because it'd be weird to change it back to 8 planets now xD
    Just like chaning it ot 10 planets.. ^^"
    Not any weirder then changing your view from the world is flat as a plate to the world is round like a ball.

I&#180;m not trying to comment on the "tenth planet" because I know absolutely nothing about it. Just wanted show that scientific progress sometimes brings weird changes with it. But that doesn&#180;t mean that changes shouldn&#180;t be made just because they appear weird.

Edit: Oh yeah, on my desperate attempt to get the discussion back around the Ancient Weapons, how about one of them being a submarine?

Google sez:
    Ouranos, 715,000 results.
    Uranos, 123,000 results.
    Next question.
    Tihs only means on internet not everywhere or does google say tha tisn't right either:rolleyes: not to mention that it's not always about the planet. so these numbers don't mean much.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas
    Not any weirder then changing your view from the world is flat as a plate to the world is round like a ball.

I&#180;m not trying to comment on the "tenth planet" because I know absolutely nothing about it. Just wanted show that scientific progress sometimes brings weird changes with it. But that doesn&#180;t mean that changes shouldn&#180;t be made just because they appear weird.

Edit: Oh yeah, on my desperate attempt to get the discussion back around the Ancient Weapons, how about one of them being a submarine?
    well, nope
    the world is a ball=fact
    ten planets=depends on your opinion ^^

and

As much as I'd love to see an atlantis-like/underwater island.. I can actually see that happening :D

okay, I was wrong about Xena
    but it doesn't change the fact it's a TNO, not a planet, does it?
    But again, the existence of a TNO that is larger than Pluto calls the entire definition of what a planet is into question.

If Pluto is a planet, then there's no real scientific reason that Xena is not one as well.

Tihs only means on internet not everywhere or does google say tha tisn't right either:rolleyes:
    Oh, come on. The most common spelling on the internet doesn't reflect the more common usage? It's not some subculture like l33t speak that was created solely by internet users.

Tell you what, let's restrict it to simply Google Book Search, which only yield results that have been vetted by professional editors and are far more likely to be written by scholars. There, it's 3170 to 1120 Ouranos versus Uranos, which is still a 65-35 split in favor of Ouranos.

not to mention that it's not always about the planet. so these numbers don't mean much.
    Nonsense, whether it's the god (not the planet as Uranus is clearly the preferred spelling) or something else, it's still the exact same word.

Ouranos is used more often than Uranos.

Oh, come on. The most common spelling on the internet doesn't reflect the more common usage? It's not some subculture like l33t speak that was created solely by internet users.
    no it doesn't. not yet. maybe in 10-20 years.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

no it doesn't. not yet. maybe in 10-20 years.
    Then how do you explain Google Book Search also spitting out the same results?

wait. my bad. forget it. i thought about UranUs all this time. man i really should pay more attention when reading

great this has to be the most pointless arguing i've had in a while.:banghead: :banghead: good thing i noticed this so soon.:rolleyes:

well, nope
    the world is a ball=fact
    ten planets=depends on your opinion ^^
    You didn´t understand a bit about that analogy correct?

I´m saying that facts change with the additional knowledge mankind is gaining. People took the world for being flat because they never knew otherwise until it definitely got proven wrong.

And same would count for the thing if at some point it should really be proven that there are ten planets in this solar system. If it get´s proven then it is a fact, no matter if it will go against everything we knew until then. It really is the same thing as with the flat/round earth.

Fact´s get often changed in modern science. Saying that a change shouldn´t be made because it might appear weird is silly and contraproductive.

And to go back on topic again. I´m not saying that they will use a Ancient Weapon submarine, I just thought that if there´s really something like ten of them then it would be nice if not all of them are ships and therefore I was thinking about other vehicles like tanks, planes and submarines...BUT PLEASE NO SPACESHIPS!!! XD

Ehehehe! "uranus"! Ehehehehe!

Uranus is a weapon of catastrophic power.

(This is really immature, but too funny to NOT milk it for what it's worth!)

Btw, one of the 'planet n° 10' (I've heard the news 3 time... every time for a different 'planet') is called Nibiru (it's a god name, but I don't remeber from which religion). Another is called Sedna.

ps
    I'm Italian and we say Urano :laugh:

That many weapons may be just a bit much. Wouldn't some of the blueprints or the weapons themselves have been destroyed? It might be interesting if each of the "three powers" got their own weapon.

Jesuszilla son of Godzilla Kakaliaha's Avatar

I actually have a theory that there will be only 4 ancient weapons at most, based on the three gods that ruled, and their father, which would be the two mentioned, Hades (Pluton), and Posiden, which are god of the Underworld and god of the Sea. I think the next one to be introduced will be Zeus, who is god of the air. The final one would be the baby eater Cronus although he is technically not a god but a titan, so I would say either 3 or 4 would be my guess. btw Cronus is the son of the titan Uranus, who was castrated by Cronus then took over the ruling position of the titans.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information