+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pluton, Poseidon, and Uranus

secret identity revealed?! *Meh*'s Avatar

Well, I'd be willing to bet that other than Robin, no one living in the OP world even knows of Poseidon's existance. Then again, it would be funny if Tom had the prints for that one too:

Tom: Hrm, Pluton is in good hands, so I'll just destroy these blue prints for PoseiDON!
    “We could not be fulfilled if we weren't inauthentic some of the time—inauthentic, that is, in relation to such things as our passing desires to throttle our children, poison our spouse, or end our marriage over a dispute about changing a lightbulb.” – Alain de Botton

The ancient weapon has been completed! We will be riding Uranus into battle! (yes I'm immature)

ANYway, I'm guessing there's three weapons, the third one being Zeus. Zeus was king of the gods (we've got to have that) and could be the sort of ultimate of the ancient weapons. Poseidon and Hades/Pluton were the two next most senior of the Greek gods (according to Wikipedia), which makes Zeus - Pluton - Poseidon seem like a perfect trio as the three ancient weapons.

Which brings me to another theory. It would be great if Poseidon was a sort of submarine, to travel beneath the water, Pluton was a ship, to travel on the water, and Zeus was a sort of airplane or something that flew, to travel above the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaliaha
    I actually have a theory that there will be only 4 ancient weapons at most, based on the three gods that ruled, and their father, which would be the two mentioned, Hades (Pluton), and Posiden, which are god of the Underworld and god of the Sea. I think the next one to be introduced will be Zeus, who is god of the air. The final one would be the baby eater Cronus although he is technically not a god but a titan, so I would say either 3 or 4 would be my guess. btw Cronus is the son of the titan Uranus, who was castrated by Cronus then took over the ruling position of the titans.
    Yeah, I always thought that there would be three. Zeus, hades and poseden. I think Oda might be switcing the powers of each god around. So that pluton is a ship while say posieden is in the sky.

secret identity revealed?! *Meh*'s Avatar

I'm a bit rusty on the Skypiea Arc. Was the Ponyglyph in Skypiea proper, or in Shandora? After all, the ponyglyph for Pluton was in a tomb. If Shandora had the ponyglyph, it would make a little more sense than it having been in Skypiea all along. then again, by that logic, Skypiea should have the ponyglyph for Zeus.
    “We could not be fulfilled if we weren't inauthentic some of the time—inauthentic, that is, in relation to such things as our passing desires to throttle our children, poison our spouse, or end our marriage over a dispute about changing a lightbulb.” – Alain de Botton

I actually have a theory that there will be only 4 ancient weapons at most, based on the three gods that ruled, and their father, which would be the two mentioned
    That's an interesting theory.

It's still too early to guess the number of them as of yet, though if the next is Ouranos, then it's reasonable to assume that Oda is using the planets for this naming system.

Well, if Oda keeps naming weapeons, I'll like to see it. Will he draw Pluton? Posidon? If Oda keeps naming them but never reveles it, it's going to be disappointing.

Will the shape be far different than the ship in the fake blueprints? If not, then we have a pretty good idea how Pluton looks like.

I actually have a theory that there will be only 4 ancient weapons at most, based on the three gods that ruled, and their father, which would be the two mentioned, Hades (Pluton), and Posiden, which are god of the Underworld and god of the Sea. I think the next one to be introduced will be Zeus, who is god of the air.
    Hey this is a good theory. I actually always expected to have something like five weapons so going by the three brothers (Zeus, Poseidon, Pluton) their father (Kronos) and his father (Uranus) this number could be accomplished. Well gotta wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    Will the shape be far different than the ship in the fake blueprints? If not, then we have a pretty good idea how Pluton looks like.
    Well, I hope that it´ll be far different from it because that ship on the fake blueprints doesn´t look that different from Maxim, except of course that it isn´t a flying ship. I wouldn´t like to see that one of the weapons that can destroy the world would be something that can that easily be built.

I actually have a theory that there will be only 4 ancient weapons at most, based on the three gods that ruled, and their father, which would be the two mentioned, Hades (Pluton), and Posiden, which are god of the Underworld and god of the Sea. I think the next one to be introduced will be Zeus, who is god of the air. The final one would be the baby eater Cronus although he is technically not a god but a titan, so I would say either 3 or 4 would be my guess. btw Cronus is the son of the titan Uranus, who was castrated by Cronus then took over the ruling position of the titans.
    Uh... but Titans, Cyclopes and Hecatonchires were all gods. Isn't it?

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas
    Thanks, I couldn´t think of any examples.

Even bigger thanks for getting us back to the Ancient Weapons. I´m hoping too that one of them will be a flying vehicle. But please no spaceships! XD
    Why not a spaceship? Wasn't somebodie's dream to "go to the moon?" If the ancients were so advanced, there could be a whole civilization up there...

Actually, I think that would be cool. A whole city of the ancient civilization on the moon.

Also, has it occured to anyone else that the ancients might not have been himans? What with all the genetic divirsity in One Piece, they could just as easily have been gopher people
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Hey this is a good theory. I actually always expected to have something like five weapons so going by the three brothers (Zeus, Poseidon, Pluton) their father (Kronos) and his father (Uranus) this number could be accomplished. Well gotta wait and see.

Well, I hope that it´ll be far different from it because that ship on the fake blueprints doesn´t look that different from Maxim, except of course that it isn´t a flying ship. I wouldn´t like to see that one of the weapons that can destroy the world would be something that can that easily be built.
    That set of blueprints was dozens of pages long. The real one, too. Even if Pluto has an outwardly normal appearance, I'm sure it has internal structure and mechanisms that make it exceptional.

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

You didn´t understand a bit about that analogy correct?

I´m saying that facts change with the additional knowledge mankind is gaining. People took the world for being flat because they never knew otherwise until it definitely got proven wrong.

And same would count for the thing if at some point it should really be proven that there are ten planets in this solar system. If it get´s proven then it is a fact, no matter if it will go against everything we knew until then. It really is the same thing as with the flat/round earth.

Fact´s get often changed in modern science. Saying that a change shouldn´t be made because it might appear weird is silly and contraproductive.

And to go back on topic again. I´m not saying that they will use a Ancient Weapon submarine, I just thought that if there´s really something like ten of them then it would be nice if not all of them are ships and therefore I was thinking about other vehicles like tanks, planes and submarines...BUT PLEASE NO SPACESHIPS!!! XD
    Then you could say there are thousands of planets orbiting our sun ^^"
    There are loads of small asteroids you could call planet..
    it depends on your definition of a "planet"^^
    (you could define the surface of a ball as "flat"... xD)

but yes, you're right, let's stop xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Robin Fan
    Btw, one of the 'planet n° 10' (I've heard the news 3 time... every time for a different 'planet') is called Nibiru (it's a god name, but I don't remeber from which religion). Another is called Sedna.

ps
    I'm Italian and we say Urano :laugh:
    That's because the only language that's been through the wringer more times than Italian is English.

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

Jesuszilla son of Godzilla Kakaliaha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Robin Fan
    Uh... but Titans, Cyclopes and Hecatonchires were all gods. Isn't it?
    No actually Titans were greater than gods and the gods creators

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    Why not a spaceship? Wasn't somebodie's dream to "go to the moon?" If the ancients were so advanced, there could be a whole civilization up there...

Actually, I think that would be cool. A whole city of the ancient civilization on the moon.

Also, has it occured to anyone else that the ancients might not have been himans? What with all the genetic divirsity in One Piece, they could just as easily have been gopher people
    Short and simple answer. NO SPACE ADVENTURES IN ONE PIECE!!! I´ve been called arrogant for it and it will happen, but IMO everbody who thinks space adventures fit with the OP world doesn´t understand what One Piece is truly about. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    That set of blueprints was dozens of pages long. The real one, too. Even if Pluto has an outwardly normal appearance, I'm sure it has internal structure and mechanisms that make it exceptional.
    I have really a hard time to figure out what this response has actually to do with my statement other that it involves blueprints of ships. :hmm:

Just thought of it:

What if Pluton and Poseidon were less the actual ancient weapon, but was more a carrier/control device/etc for it (think the Enola Gay versus the A-bomb itself).

Well there's been theories floating around about a 10th planet for years, but there's still no conclusion as to whether or not it actually exists. The debate rages on! I think I also read somewhere recently that they were considering downgrading Pluto from an official planet to more of a glorified chunk of space-ice.

Anyway, to be more on-topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry
    What if Pluton and Poseidon were less the actual ancient weapon, but was more a carrier/control device/etc for it (think the Enola Gay versus the A-bomb itself).
    I've actually been wondering if One Piece isn't an ancient weapon itself, or connected with the ancient weapons somehow? A way to stop them or a way to control them? If Roger could read poneglyphs or had someone on his crew who could, I don't know that it's so farfetched that he might have had some interest in/connection to them. Just a theory, though.

I had this ugly though planted insight my mind while reading a post here a while ago and the asshole that I am, I´m not keeping it to myself but share the thought with everyone else so that you all can feel the pain I´m feeling because this ugly theory can´t never be erased out of my brain again.

Last chance to run away before I speak it out loud.

Pluton, Poseidon and what they all will be called are weapons themselves but they transform to body parts and combine One Piece, which will be a gigantic combiner robot. *shudders*

What a gruesome thought. :afraid:

I had this ugly though planted insight my mind while reading a post here a while ago and the asshole that I am, I´m not keeping it to myself but share the thought with everyone else so that you all can feel the pain I´m feeling because this ugly theory can´t never be erased out of my brain again.

Last chance to run away before I speak it out loud.

Pluton, Poseidon and what they all will be called are weapons themselves but they transform to body parts and combine One Piece, which will be a gigantic combiner robot. *shudders*

That would be one gigantic body.....part. :mellow:

I dread to think what part Ouranos would play in said robot.

Anyway, Pluton wasn't actually one of the Ancient Weapons so to speak, so I doubt it would form part of Voltron: Pirate Force.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information