+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pluton, Poseidon, and Uranus

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Pluton and Poseidon

I don't think it is Pluton or Poseidon, although it would be a great place to keep it. Yet no one, except for the King, seems to know much about it. That's the only thing that's stopping me giving an outright no, that and it is big.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Shortly before the blueprints were burned by Franky, he flipped through them in front of Spandam. He negated any claims from the latter of them being fake by pointing out Lucci and Kaku's reactions to those blueprints being the real deal. Considering they went undercover as shipwrights for 5 years in order to seek them out points to at least Pluton being a ship since their response wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Throw in that the Gorousei still see the ancient weapons as a threat in a mostly ocean covered world, and it wouldn't be an unreasonable assumption that all the ancient weapons are ships, or at least sea-based in nature.

That is unless they were the cause of One Piece world's current state, but that's a whole other topic.
    Right, But calling them "ancient weapons" makes me think that rather than being more of a ship that can navigate through the oceans, it's more of a WMD. Made for wiping out things that shouldn't exist.

Okay so let's say they ARE in fact sea-based/ships, What kind of design do you think we'll see? Something out of a Gundam manga? An old Victorian type ship? We've already had several different types of ships, some that are one piece Originals and others that are from stories of the real world. I'm just curious to see what style Oda will use and creating the actual thing.

Another thing is, Doesn't it seem like all the One piece original/unique boats Get bigger and bigger as the story progresses? lol

Maxim - A floating/flying ship that belongs to the awesomely powerful villain, Enel.
    Thriller Bark - An Island boat of horrors. Home to The Shichibukai, Moria.
    The Ark - A super massive ship that's the size of Fishman island. It belongs to Neptune and the country of fish-men/women.

Which leads me to wonder if Oda will continue the trend and make them even bigger, or if he'll suddenly decide to change it up.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

I imagined them as city (or possibly island)-sized boats myself, bristling with weaponry.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I imagined them as city (or possibly island)-sized boats myself, bristling with weaponry.
    I do think the same way. If 10 ordinary battleships are able to destroy a whole island (buster call), imagine what a ship at the size of an island could do.
    You might as well forget about seeing the light of day. Ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Nope, noone has that I know of. Perhaps you would like to share some of your reasoning in suggesting this?
    Nothing major, just that Poseidon is related to water, since the name of the Ocean deity.
    Also, like in many actual World cultures, the same thing can have a different name in different places.
    If you discover something you don't know about, you just give it your name, since you don't know the original.
    I don't think Prehistoric people actually called the T-Rex...hm...T_Rex.
    Just a stupid observation...and after 63 volume it's quite about time we see an Ancestral Weapon. :p
    Proud Kintama Owner

Quote Originally Posted by D.aelthasaar View Post
    Nothing major, just that Poseidon is related to water, since the name of the Ocean deity.
    Also, like in many actual World cultures, the same thing can have a different name in different places.
    If you discover something you don't know about, you just give it your name, since you don't know the original.
    I don't think Prehistoric people actually called the T-Rex...hm...T_Rex.
    Just a stupid observation...and after 63 volume it's quite about time we see an Ancestral Weapon. :p
    Kind of a bad comparison when you think about it. I say this because people and dinosaurs never lived in the same time frame.

I believe the names have simple meanings, Poseidon God of the ocean, makes me think this is a ship that rules all oceans AND or is a weapon that can destroy any ship/object in the sea no matter what. Pluton, if we think about what we used on Japan back in WWII, ((Fat Man a Plutonium Implosion bomb)), I believe Pluton could possibly is a WMD. While both of them are threatening weapons, I believe that Pluton is more of an actual "Weapon" or "Bomb".

And I'll bet money that Vega Punk will know more about this and or is trying to re-create one of the Ancient Weapons.

Almost Pokemon Master chaosceptor's Avatar

Considering Vegapunks genius enough to recreate DF powers into robots, what are the chances hes also able to read the poneglyphs
    Anything humans can imagine is a possibility in reality-Physicist Willy Karen

Quote Originally Posted by chaosceptor View Post
    Considering Vegapunks genius enough to recreate DF powers into robots, what are the chances hes also able to read the poneglyphs
    If he was able to read the poneglyphs, wouldn't the Gorousei try to kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by chaosceptor View Post
    No. Because there was nobody there to teach him, and I doubt he has any interest in archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    No. Because there was nobody there to teach him, and I doubt he has any interest in archaeology.
    while I agree, I bet he wants to create something just a s big or even better then the Ancient Weapons of the past. I mean there's no basis to this but I"m pretty sure if he can do what he did to kuma and to those df'S this is with in his capabilities.

I think we will get to see the revival of those ancient weapons because otherwise there is no point in mentioning them. To revive those ancient weapons would mean the enemy has become so powerful that conventional ships and weapons won't cut it. The only enemies with that kind of power or potential are:
    1. Blackbeard
    2. World government

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Thought it was appropriate to bring this up given the latest chapter.

Cool ideas from the spoiler thread of chapter 649 too.

spoilering just in case
    Spoiler:
    Facts:

Pluton is something that can be built. There's blueprints.
    Shirahoshi is Poseidon.

Questions
    Is the Gura Gura no Mi considered an Ancient Weapon?
    What is Pluton exactly? Is it really a warship? Or is it something else?
    Are the other ancient weapons considered "people" too?
    Is Pluton really buried in Alabasta? Poseidon wasn't anywhere near Jaya/Skypiea. Was Crocodile wrong in his assumption? Or is there an ancient weapon really hidden there?

New thoughts. Old thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

The mermaid princess in the ancient history and also Shirahoshi nowadays are "Poseidon"...
    also Tom was the keeper of the blueprints of Pluto, the second ancient weapon.

Could it be, that the fishman race was responsible in the ancient kingdom to protect/activate etc the ancient weapons.?
    It could be that someone of the fishman race also possesses the third ancient weapon.
    That could also be the reason why the WG never was able to find an ancient weapon, because they totally were going against fishman and so they never learned something about them..and by that never found out that they are the guardians of the ancient weapons.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Cant the Pluton be Noah? or atleast an upgrade or something to Noah?(Franky would have noticed that though)

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Cant the Pluton be Noah? or atleast an upgrade or something to Noah?(Franky would have noticed that though)
    I think that should be the key. Both Franky and Den should've noticed that Noah looks mighty similar to Pluton's blueprints.

I thought it was a great surprise that a person (well, in this case, a mermaid) can also be an Ancient Weapon. And I don't think if the Gura Gura no Mi would also qualify. As a big scale destruction it surely must be the most dangerous fruit, but I don't know. . .

Also, that means Weapons weren't CREATED, or at least, not all of them. Cause, you can't "create" a Mermaid. . .Although the fact that said mermaid is shown every x centuries, means there's something there? Just a legend? Maybe some. . ."genetics"?

This is all kinda confusing for now. All I know is that I really liked the twist, and I can't wait to know the whole Void Century history, implications, impact on the world, etc. . .

After exactly 6 years and ONE day this topic clears up.

Read the first page, didn´t look at the date, and thought Ivotas was back :/

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    The mermaid princess in the ancient history and also Shirahoshi nowadays are "Poseidon"...
    also Tom was the keeper of the blueprints of Pluto, the second ancient weapon.

Could it be, that the fishman race was responsible in the ancient kingdom to protect/activate etc the ancient weapons.?
    Good point hadn't noticed that

SHIRAHOSHI'S A CYBORG WEAPON!

Honestly I just got 10X more interested in the Void Century now.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Luffy can hear the seakings cause their related to the ancient weapon/void century/poneglyphs.

If pluton can be built,can't wait to see what type of man-made warship it is/what it's powers are.like,if it's a nuke launching pad...lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information