+ Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 547 FirstFirst ... 45 445 495 535 543 544 545 546 547 LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 10935

Thread: AVGN, Channel Awful, and other web review shows

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Default Re: AVGN, Channel Awful, and other web review shows

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Erod (Blockbuster Buster) gives his take on his departure from the site

...Oh E. I'm so sorry. Despite my earlier comments, I could always tell the dude was trying and indeed he always gave it his all. I honestly hope you keep going dude.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Doug might be jumping ship from Channel Awesome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChannelAwes...ago_this_said/

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I'm not sure how that works, but okay.

GuruLarry is the new Nostalgia Critic.

Can someone explain to me this Gurularry thing?
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Can someone explain to me this Gurularry thing?
    From what I know, he was pretty much only still on the site for the fact that they hadn't payed much attention to him, and he didn't care. He was joking around that this was pretty much a hunger games for him and.....well he's the champion now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The joke is that Larry has been on CA for YEARS and nobody ever seems to notice. He never got invited to any of the anniversary things or conventions, never got asked to do crossovers or cameos he was just... there. Most of his followers come from Youtube and other Social Media platforms, he really doesn't need CA and hasn't for a while.

He just finds it absolutely hysterical apparently that someone the rest of the site ignored for years might end up being the last man standing, so he's staying in until Brad officially quits so he can have the "honor" of being so.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Well this is fascinating but this does not really surprise me, there has been issues with CA long before March 2018 as many already knew. I observed people complaining about the declining quality in the Nostalgia Critic and CA since after Noah and Linsday left. I even notice how they created Awesome Comics that never came back and how they created other shorts that appears to fail and how Demo Reel's failure caused the Nostalgia Critic to return.
    I do hear rumors of bad managing issues packed with bad decisions for quite a while. However the only reason why I follow Channel Awsome was because of the Nostalgia Critic, Angry Joe and sometimes Linkara or the Cinema Snob and some other channels but other channels are rarely explored on. I already subscribe many former Channel Awesome people and am planning on unsubscribing Channel Awesome do to this horrid behavior they had.
    I would love to see Doug, Wade, Heather, Jim, Malcom, Walter, Tamara, Rob and Barney to join the others to create their own channel and leave CA, I would love to see Brad quit as well. It's also sad because I enjoyed watching some CA every week, now that is about to change unless CA post an apology and reform itself with Mike leaving the company. I do not condone CA's behavior, CA can either redeem itself or just shut down.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

I enjoy Larry's Fact Hunt videos quite a bit, and he's got a very jovial way of speaking.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

His latest Tweet:

@LarryBundyJr "Doug Left? Have I won the Quell too???10:04 PM - 16 Apr 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

It would be awesome if Doug did left but sad that we probably won't get a new episode this week. Will Doug start his own channel?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Okay, that GuruLarry backstory is absolutely hysterical! I hope Doug does leave and takes his team with him. He still has tons of potential, and hopefully the awareness and humility to apologize for the role he played in the misery that plagued the CA producers.

Also: I just read the first post of his thread. Talk about nostalgia! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Okay, that GuruLarry backstory is absolutely hysterical! I hope Doug does leave and takes his team with him. He still has tons of potential, and hopefully the awareness and humility to apologize for the role he played in the misery that plagued the CA producers.

Also: I just read the first post of his thread. Talk about nostalgia! lol
    If there's any thing we learned about doug through the history it's that he really doesn't have a lot of potential. As an actor, director and anything outside of nostalgia critic persona he has been shown to be out of his depth.
    He had a video where he talked about how to do reviews and spoke closer to the camera mic to "reduce echoing" the exact opposite of what you'd want to do, and he's had issues color balancing which is why his white wall looks blue. There's other issues with him not understanding something but not really making any efforts to better himself at it. He tries to have his cake and eat it too by being professional enough to be legitimate but amateur enough to brush off most of the criticism about his production quality. The demo reel was a decent concept but leaned way too much on meta humor and there were other issues.

He can do what he's good at and has a basic understanding of movies he is familiar with but his style is more or less a non-dynamic one. and if you like that it's fine. I think im in the minority where I can still find his older reviews pretty funny despite the basic style of the premise. But if there's anyone he should od besides come clean and cut his ties with Mike Michaud it's that he should stick to what he's good at an more gradually implement new things in as he builds a comfort level with them
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Diamanda Hagan chimes in on her experiences with channel awesome.

Yikes. I was under the impression she was basically left alone to do whatever and never invited to the events or anything, but yikes.

I can't believe that I sat through all of that, it was awful.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Diamanda Hagan chimes in on her experiences with channel awesome.

Yikes. I was under the impression she was basically left alone to do whatever and never invited to the events or anything, but yikes.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Guys, I hate you.

Kidding but still

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    The joke is that Larry has been on CA for YEARS and nobody ever seems to notice. He never got invited to any of the anniversary things or conventions, never got asked to do crossovers or cameos he was just... there. Most of his followers come from Youtube and other Social Media platforms, he really doesn't need CA and hasn't for a while.

He just finds it absolutely hysterical apparently that someone the rest of the site ignored for years might end up being the last man standing, so he's staying in until Brad officially quits so he can have the "honor" of being so.
    The Mr. Pink of ChannelAwesome.

In other news, AVGN is airing new episodes early on Amazon Prime.

The proper way to be a manchild in the internet, by yourself.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The proper way to be a manchild in the internet, by yourself.
    Or better yet, by keeping your online persona/work and your private life wholly separate as well as getting his priorities straight.

Seriously, I don't think there is any dirt on James (even when the internet exploded on him for like a month over that Ghostbuster thing) whereas the rest of the Channel Awesome idiots (both present and former) got a ton of crap on them for all this drama, politics, and acting overall like a bunch of stunted morons.

The possibly final episode of Nostalgia Critic was just uploaded to their Youtube channel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information