+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

Default Re: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    No, I think it's another DEATH FLAG !
    Jinbei will die off-screen

I thought the exact same thing when i read his post.... poor jimbe.

Since bm can't put a spill into living things maybe we will get brook 2.0

"Even if you die, don't die!" sounds just like "I refuse your refusal"

Spoiler:

In that particular case I'd say it's still clearly a Dressrosa chapter, but I tend to go more by when the story feels done than by geography. 801 feels like it's wrapping a lot of loose Dressrosa threads, even after they leave, and it's not like it introduces any Zou info.

But the fact that we can have this discussion at all is its own proof of how arc starts/ends can be contentious

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But like I said, we're here now, reading chapter by chapter. It hardly matters to me how some person, reading 20 years from now (if the human race still exists) will take a cliffhanger like this. I hope they can at least pause for a moment and think "boy, SPS exploding at the exact moment Wadatsumi switched it is rather convenient, Oda sure didn't pull an all nighter thinking that one up".

I'm well aware reading stuff in bulk can make the experience a lot better. I've experienced it myself, even with OP, when I took a break during Marineford. But sometimes, silly things are just silly.
    A late reply, but you're totally right actually, maybe I shouldn't have jumped in. I always tend to wonder how any future reader looking back over fan reception is going to take complaints of breaks and cliffhangers. Being able to read it all in one sitting is such a different experience, how badly will they think we overreacted? I don't mean to say you can't be unhappy with things in the present, only offer the small solace that it mightn't suck quite the same for anyone else going forward. And we're only speculating about how it'll be taken in the future anyway. I could be dead wrong about it reading better, since we don't even know what volume the chapter will be in yet.

this thread does not get the _sticky_ attention it deserves
    new chapter coming soon mods ^_

I doubt mods are even reading OnePiece tbh

What are you saying ? Don't you know that Arlong Park forum mods are secretly writing One Piece behind the scene ?

A solid amount of them do, it's the admins I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    But is quite normal for authors to try to deceive their readers for mutiple of reasons like the use of a red herring, doesn't make a bad thing for doing so ,they exist so we the readers discuss about them ,then come to some sort of conclusion, "this fake because x" or "thus guy is there so its y", as long it doesn't break any know rules within than fiction world there shouldn't be problem.

What new perspective? The pieces were all there from the start and capable of events we saw and they(fishmen) were caught quite immediately because the plan had quit few holes now they are forced to stay behind.
    I wonder if people would be pissed after the CP9 reveal today because those two guys disguised as kaku and lucci were "ASSPULLS"

Anyone who would consider any red herring bullshit isn't really someone I would care too much about their story opinion
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I wonder if people would be pissed after the CP9 reveal today because those two guys disguised as kaku and lucci were "ASSPULLS"

Anyone who would consider any red herring bullshit isn't really someone I would care too much about their story opinion
    The reveal marked a change in the arc. This reveal is only for the readers blood to pump but doesn't really bring anything more to the story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The reveal marked a change in the arc. This reveal is only for the readers blood to pump but doesn't really bring anything more to the story itself.
    Obviously this is different but ive seen people straight up call red herrings bad across the board. Like any twist without obvious build up is bad and any red herrings arent good storytelling
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I know that I'm possibly beating a dead horse since most of you or at least a vocal minority didn't like the cliffhanger... But what really grates me about it and the longass wait is that the solution as to how the Straw Hats escaped wasn't even a conclusion that anyone could have theorized. Like all great cliffhangers, we actually had a lot to consider and I felt that this was a very deliberate choice. For the solution to be some essentially retconned scenario that Oda deliberately ruled out and we weren't even given any clues about is shitty writing to me. I think I'd rather One Piece just ride on the hype rather than pretend to cultivate some kind of theorycrafting fanbase. It's really only fun to theorize the long term elements because unlike this asspull, they usually follow coherent logic and narrative patterns.

Idk feel like oda bungled this, oh well hopefully when I write my gr8 work I'll remember this example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Characters
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Crewname N/A • Markswoman/Inventor• Bounty :23,000,000 • SD Earned : 2400 • Beli : 37,000,500 • L : Romulin
    Strength: 100 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 42 | Accuracy: 50 | Fortune: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Icefae View Post
    I know that I'm possibly beating a dead horse since most of you or at least a vocal minority didn't like the cliffhanger... But what really grates me about it and the longass wait is that the solution as to how the Straw Hats escaped wasn't even a conclusion that anyone could have theorized. Like all great cliffhangers, we actually had a lot to consider and I felt that this was a very deliberate choice. For the solution to be some essentially retconned scenario that Oda deliberately ruled out and we weren't even given any clues about is shitty writing to me. I think I'd rather One Piece just ride on the hype rather than pretend to cultivate some kind of theorycrafting fanbase. It's really only fun to theorize the long term elements because unlike this asspull, they usually follow coherent logic and narrative patterns.
    Maybe not the super specific details like the ship swap (But how often does anyone completely get the details right, look at Jinbe and the Green Room for example), but I've seen several people predict that the Sun Pirates would help them escape, with some even saying that Wadatsumi would be the one to help due to his size. Hell, I'm one of those people, though I don't believe I posted it on here. And then some even went further than that and predicted that he would swallow them in order to do so.

Which in hindsight should've been the final conclusion I came to if I was going to go all in on it being Wadatsumi saving the day, since it'd be weird to just have the Straw Hats underwater without any air, unable to breathe lol

Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar

Alright let's talk Big Mom.

Right now, there are two places she could go. She could arrive at Cacao Island, not realizing that the Strawhats have already left, and get involved in what's happening there. Or, she could skip Cacao and arrive straight towards the Sunny (which could easily be explained by Perospero getting a call along the lines of "They left in X direction Y minutes ago!").

If she heads straight for the Sunny: Some sort of fight is going to break out. But Strawhats can't beat her, otherwise Wano would lose all of it's tension. But I can't think of any reasonable third-party that could rescue them (Granted, it's not impossible for CP0 or Pudding to fly in, but that would be dumb. Still, after this chapter, no dumb possibility is impossible), or any way that they could talk their way out of things (Even if she believes that Sanji helped with the cake, they can't say anything to make up for the Mother Carmel photo). So I'm going to say that this is the less likely possibility.

If she heads to Cacao: She would have to either stay and get caught up in the fight with Germa/Fishman, or leave and head straight for Luffy. If she stays to fight, the other side is pretty much dead, so that probably won't happen. But if she leaves right away, we'd just get a situation similar to the first one, which wouldn't work either. So something would have to happen on Cacao to her before she leaves to chase the Sunny, or attempts to join in the battle.

The most likely thing would be meeting up with Pudding, where she learns the truth about Sanji baking the Cake. After she find out about it, who knows. What I do know is that during the cake musical, Oda established a clear connection between the cake and her memories of Carmel (cake --> taste of croquembouche --> fateful birthday). Her learning the truth about one will lead to the truth about the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    He beat Chinjao and Doffy where did that take him bounty wise? to 500 mil. Also Crocodile would definitely have a higher bounty than 100 mil if his was active. Even freaking caribou is 200 mil. Maybe after beating Kaido he can get a 1 billion bounty, but prior to that (considering the track record) I doubt it.
    Doffys former bounty was 340mil and chinjaos 500mil was from when he was young before garp flattend his head, so 500mil was ok at the time, the fact that doffy or crocodile were stronger that their bounty would suggest does not matter, is not like the marines bounty office keeps track of them. And if you "consider the track record" as you put it he should get a bounty higher than kataruri's.

track record.
    beats Arlong 20mil bounty gets 30mil bounty
    beats Crocodile former 81mil gets 100mil
    gets 300mil for EL
    gets 400 mil for War
    Beats Doffy former 340mil gets 500mil.

The only problem with the ship was that they sacrificed the legendary ship of Fisher tiger for nothing. It didn't buy them even seconds, it was the most useless sacrifice ever.

It's like Oda wanted to wreck the fishman ship so they get stuck on totland.

Considering Raileigh went swimming from shabondy to kuja's island I don't think that would be a problem for fishmen.

Problem is, in this arc it seems everybody is willing to die for SH but the connections are not so emotional to be felt under your skin. Also, SH seems to be just fine with people dying for them, I don't get the point.

Except that, I enjoyed Tottoland until now, I will hold my thoughts until the very closure, cause I think that would change a lot.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    The only problem with the ship was that they sacrificed the legendary ship of Fisher tiger for nothing. It didn't buy them even seconds, it was the most useless sacrifice ever.

It's like Oda wanted to wreck the fishman ship so they get stuck on totland.
    Yeah, I too feel like that ship deserved a better send off. And a couple of teary eyes and short flashbacks from fishmen. But you can only put so much stuff in an already crowded chapters.

Oh yeah, and a name ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

The King of No Where saringe015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    Considering Raileigh went swimming from shabondy to kuja's island I don't think that would be a problem for fishmen.

Problem is, in this arc it seems everybody is willing to die for SH but the connections are not so emotional to be felt under your skin. Also, SH seems to be just fine with people dying for them, I don't get the point.

Except that, I enjoyed Tottoland until now, I will hold my thoughts until the very closure, cause I think that would change a lot.
    Germa isn't fighting to protect the SH's because they feel obligated to or because of sanji, as far as I can tell their sole reason for doing so is to piss off BM. They want revenge for the wedding incident and helping the SH's is just one more thing that would piss her and her crew off.

Capone only helped because of the deal he made with Luffy to begin with and then the second deal later with Sanji. After He delivered the cake he only cared if the SH's got away beaus he didn't want his efforts to go to waste.

The Fishman Pirates are only really there to help Jinbei get away. They pretty much state that when they arrive and as they leave. The fact that he's apart of the SH's now won't deter them from protecting their former captain.

Most of their current allies are only protecting them out of necessity, pettiness, or a sense of duty. Technically the only one's you should feel slight emotion towards are the Fishmen who are willing to die to ensure their former captain has a safe journey.

And as far as them caring...they seem to care about Pedro's death...but with everything happening around them they haven't had the proper time to grieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    Yeah but raileigh was at the top of the world so he is special, even sanji is able to swim as fast as a fishman underwater. The fishman at least should have stamina problems, it would take longer, and they had a ship for a reason. Not that they can't steal one of the tarte ships of BM, like capone did now. So makes the sun pirates ship sacrifice even more pointless.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information