+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 3481

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Can't go wrong with the LoV.

Spoiler:
    Nothing like good villains to elevate a story. So much good stuff and we get several questions answered. That dynamic first page and title! I kept waiting for new members and now we know the League's too busy keeping it together to recruit. We finally get more from Spinner. I love the League keeping a low profile by robbing another evil organization. Not sure what the racist group's Marvel or DC equivalent is. Hydra, maybe? Or, the Friends of Humanity?

Damn All For One. You couldn't give Shiggy a credit card or your Swiss bank account number? I love the League interacting. A dysfunctional family, but still a family. A family that murders together. That slaughter was a great reminder how powerful they are against anyone without plot armor. And, Doctor Nomu is back! Well, it makes sense because we saw High End, and now Shiggy's got someone who can help him mass produce quirk erasure bullets. Wow, man. The Monarch really missed his League killing window. I just don't see how the Liberation Army can fight the League and Heroes this arc. Either they somehow team up or the League stomps them. No wait, there's one more option: the League gets foddered by LA. Please no.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:

Humanity's lizard brain is still wired for tribes, so race, religion, gender, sexual preferences, sexual identity, profession, social class, language, background, fandoms, pizza toppings, wether you like to have the toilet paper facing in or out in the holder, so if you add super powers and lizard people to the equation, they will join the totem pole of tribes, probably near the top.

The drastic reduction of quirkless people would be like a total failure of the pineapple chain of distribution, rendering that one moot, but it would give rise to other dangerous effects, like how Shinso or Monoma get treated because low "heroics" quirks, Endeavor and poke-son breeding, and now the anti mutant factions.

Considering how the anti-mutants were handled this chapter, I'd say that won't be focused for long in the series, and last time a Leaguer got some focus, they blew up Magne. But this is tied to Destro's story, and what a kick in the nuts to his legacy if the pro-quirk movement was taken over by anti-mutants, unlikely as Destro Jr was trying to induct that bear/mouse man, but maybe he was trying to get his "one mutant friend".

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    At the start of the series, I thought the Leauge of Villains were boring and probably the weakest part of the manga (aside from AfO, and Stain if he counts). Now they’ve really grown on me, and if we’re getting an arc dedicated to them, I’m all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Spoiler:
    LOV always seemed incompetently weak to me, glad to see Hulk agrees with me

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Can't go wrong with the LoV.

Spoiler:
    Nothing like good villains to elevate a story. So much good stuff and we get several questions answered. That dynamic first page and title! I kept waiting for new members and now we know the League's too busy keeping it together to recruit. We finally get more from Spinner. I love the League keeping a low profile by robbing another evil organization. Not sure what the racist group's Marvel or DC equivalent is. Hydra, maybe? Or, the Friends of Humanity?

Damn All For One. You couldn't give Shiggy a credit card or your Swiss bank account number? I love the League interacting. A dysfunctional family, but still a family. A family that murders together. That slaughter was a great reminder how powerful they are against anyone without plot armor. And, Doctor Nomu is back! Well, it makes sense because we saw High End, and now Shiggy's got someone who can help him mass produce quirk erasure bullets. Wow, man. The Monarch really missed his League killing window. I just don't see how the Liberation Army can fight the League and Heroes this arc. Either they somehow team up or the League stomps them. No wait, there's one more option: the League gets foddered by LA. Please no.
    Spoiler:
    The Marvel hate group equivalent in the comics is the Sons of the Serpent. HYDRA has moved on from the racist angle since World War II but everyone will always associate them with Nazis lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Spoiler:
    The Marvel hate group equivalent in the comics is the Sons of the Serpent. HYDRA has moved on from the racist angle since World War II but everyone will always associate them with Nazis lol.
    Spoiler:
    What about the Purifiers wouldn't they be a more adequate equivalent.

Spoiler:
    I knew that the league was going thought hard times, but I didn´t expect them to have to steal to just to survive. Maybe Kurogiri was the one with the access to AFO´s money and good hideouts, but still.

I enjoyed the chapter, it´s cool to see that Shigaraki is a different kind of boss than Overhaul and AFO himself, he talks with the league in a pretty relaxed way and doesn´t mind the jokes. Maybe that will change, but so far I like how close they are to each other, if someone ends betraying Tomura it will hurt me more than the student´s traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    What about the Purifiers wouldn't they be a more adequate equivalent.
    Spoiler:
    They would but they barely show up enough for me to remember them. Biggest story role I remember them having off the top of my head is in X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills. Which was decades ago. Although it is easily THE X-Men story about mutant prejudice throughout history.

And lol excellent sig.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Spoiler:
    Are you guys just going to ignore the Hate-Monger?

Or is that cheating because he's literally Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Spoiler:
    Are you guys just going to ignore the Hate-Monger?

Or is that cheating because he's literally Hitler?
    Spoiler:
    We're talking about hate groups, not hate criminals in general. It's easy to list names at that point. Red Skull, Bolivar Trask, Willis Stryker, Magneto in his villain homo superior-ity complex heyday, Swarm, Gorr the God Butcher, maybe sort of J. Jonah Jameson, etc.

I'm starting to realize how much we don't often see antagonist organizations focused around hate crimes in western comics instead of singular antagonists. Which I'm not complaining about the supposed lack thereof lol, but it's interesting.

Spoiler:

An arc starring the Villain League? Seriously!? Heaven sent, that's the only way I can describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    An arc starring the Villain League? Seriously!? Heaven sent, that's the only way I can describe it.
    I'm still holding my breath on that. I bet we're cutting away from them at the end of the next chapter (prove me wrong Horikoshi, please).

Spoiler:

I just realized Giganto probably has multiple quirks thanks to All For One.

NNID: jervinnectar

Sign me up for a month of My Villain Academia. Actually make a spin off.

I hope the Giganto guy ends up being a rather deep character.

Just for clarification, did Twice slit a guy's throat with a tape measure?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Just for clarification, did Twice slit a guy's throat with a tape measure?
    No way he did. Tape measures are really sharp!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

So could someone explain to me why the Nomous are experiments? Can't Sylar just do it? Why is there a whole process to it? Or is the process just to make the person mindless?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    So could someone explain to me why the Nomous are experiments? Can't Sylar just do it? Why is there a whole process to it? Or is the process just to make the person mindless?
    If I remember correctly, AFO could create mindless slaves with two quirks before having the doctor in All Might first explanation, but Noumus are a improved version of that. The first Noumu (the anti-all might one) was drugged and had his body modified, so he could handle all those quirks. So maybe the only thing the doctor does is improving the chances of the victims handling more quirks and also making them phisically stronger with drugs, etc.

Then we have the High-Ends that would be the final version that still regain their minds, even though the one we saw was a little dumb.

All of this makes me wonder from where the hell are they taking so many people without the governement noticing, since each Noumu is at least the equivalent of two missing people and we have seen a lot of them.

I wonder if the doctor is Ujiko, the guy who posesses the black sludge warping quirk and helped Dabi to flee from Endeavor and Hawks. I mean he is a close associate of AFO, who also seemingly possesses the quirk. Was it ever fully explained if AFO used the quirk or if someone else did the warping back than.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information