+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

Yah, using Dawn as an example, when the whole point is that she was popped into existence it's not the best "organic introduction of a character" example.

Those days were weird, at first you'd guess that she had gone with the dad and just returned, after 3 years, but suddenly everyone knew her, and she knew of everything that happened. In the end it mostly worked, but at the moment was weird.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

I don't see the problem at all, My Hero Academia can easily surpass 500 chapters without becoming boring.
    None of the students has a complete character arc just yet, and those that got more focus more than the others still have room for development. And that's only talking about class 1-A, 1-B are comparatively shafted and should definitely get more spotlight someday.
    And there's also the League of villains, which despite their recurrence in almost every arc so far, they appear to have more to them than what was already shown, and it seems they'll only grow bigger going forward.
    Speaking of villains, more groups and independent villains will be introduced for sure, as well as heroes, these could potentially play integral roles in upcoming arcs.
    The single biggest problem the manga might face is the future of the school activities, which is pretty questionable because the manga is showcasing each one of them in the first year. That might leave some people wondering what more could the manga show, especially considering interrupting them won't be very surprising as most of them was interrupted in previous arcs already. There's also the looming threat of cancelling all the public activities if villains show up in one.
    For starters, the manga can easily repeat the same activities, this time with minor changes that will cause major changes on the plot itself. For example, the second sports festival can have all the hero schools across the country joining in, maybe even let foreign schools participate. Or perhaps let the next trips be in more grandiose places, like floating cities or underwater cities, I know those sound like a stretch in the academia-verse, but they can simply be man-made with strong quirks keeping them stable the way they are. These extreme versions of previous arcs will most likely be much longer, and that can let the manga skip the events that could get stale if repeated like the exams without rushing the second and the third years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Oh this also reminds me. We still don't know who the number 2 Hero is since All Might retired.
    Iirc, Blue Jeanist was the number 3 hero, so i'd guess he's now number 2.

Jeanist was seriously hurt in the attack, it is very likelly he is still out of comision, and unless the foldable ninja was no4, then we don't actually know who is the current no2.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Jeanist was seriously hurt in the attack, it is very likelly he is still out of comision, and unless the foldable ninja was no4, then we don't actually know who is the current no2.
    Checked the wikia, aparently only known rankings (before the kamino incident)

1.- All Might
    2.- Endeavor
    4.- Best Jeanist
    5.- Edgeshoot (folding ninja)
    9.- Ryukyu (dragon lady)
    10.- Gang Orca (the gangster orca)
    32.- Ragdoll (the Pussycat who's quirk was stolen)

Lots of holes on the rankings.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The school setting is what keeps it fresh and once its past that it turns into most american comics.... but since it IS a self contained series and not a muli-generational ongoing collaboration perpetuation machine where status quo is god like American comics, it could certainly do bigger more permanent changes to the status quo. Take a look at something like Invincible and how radically it changed every couple years... or like the web serial WORM which managed to keep escalating until it brought in the Endbringers and then eventually the end of the world. There's ways and places for it to go.... though a title change might be in order when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I don't believe one second it will go beyond the school. It changes to much of the actual format of the manga and the setting the mangaka gave himself. It's a main cast and it isabout their inexperience. One you are passed those school years you can easily cap it of with Deku discovering the kind of hero he will be and going into a new journey.
    Dragonball had Goku grow up, get married, and have a kid. Radically different from what came before and yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Dragonball had Goku grow up, get married, and have a kid. Radically different from what came before and yet...
    I might be wrong but I feel the author is less erratic than Toriyama was and likes to play it safe. Toriyama needed to constantly change while I feel he has a clear of what he wants to tell as a story and I doubt it is Deku as hero but rather kids learning to be heroes.

At best I can imagine a sequel series where he gets to change all the cast except Deku. His sidekicks/employees would be the new main cast with him. But I don't picture him cutting the current cast out and I think he would want to keep the school settings to keep them.

Also his fear of cancellation makes it unlikely he planned something that far away in my opinion. I picture school as the journey and the rest as the untold stories.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Its not about your initial plans its what you do when its a success and you have the freedom to make the story as long as you want it.

Shuiesha would be really happy to have another super long runner now given all their long runners and biggest successes have ended in the last couple years.

And some of the big hits of recent years have been designed with a limited timespawn, and it would be interesting to see how that has affected them.

Like Assassination Classroom that had the graduation day as a hard end date, and the manga keept on a pace that made it certain that the end was getting closer.

Unlike One Piece that every new piece of information seems to extend the series 2 years.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information