+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Correct.
    Alright. A character who has done nothing for 2 years is relevant

No lmao, I'm not referring to her interest in music, we obviously already knew about that. What I'm referring to is her decision to become a hero over a musician. It was just information that really wasn't necessary to know at that exact point in time. But more importantly it gives us a conflict that has already been given a resolution, so I can't help but illicit a mere "Ok." after reading it. If it were something along of the lines of us getting to see the conflict play out entirely, where we got to gradually see the build-up to her decision sprinkled throughout this arc, I think that would've been really neat. What we got instead is frankly nothing to write home about as far as I'm concerned
    Why does there has to be a conflict? Why can't it just be that she decided she wanted to be a hero instead of folliwing in her parents footsteps? None of the characters have complex reasons to be a hero.

I repeat, it's been 184 chapters... Uraraka is ostensibly the female lead, so yea, sorry for having expectations of said focus coming in a timely manner.
    So what you're saying is that Ochako has not developed in 184 chapters is what you're saying.

Also how the hell am I showing bias when you're the one who brought (and continues to bring) up One Piece to begin with?
    You do realize this us a One Piece forum right?

The emoji should've made it clear that I wasn't acting as if I was spouting some objective truth. My only point was to say that I can see why people prefer he sticks to shorter arcs, because at least if he fucks those up, you'll move on to the next one sooner rather than later. I still would prefer he'd make them a bit longer, but after the Yakuza arc, I'm snarkily pointing out that that preference clashes with my now established apprehension.
    Well excluding the fact that he fell ill during that arc which made go on longer than expected sure but just blame it on his inability to write.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

Lol at someone actually thinking Bakugou is less relevant than iida. That's just funny.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Vigilantes chapter 30 is out!

Spoiler:
    Lot's of characters is this one. Didn't think about it before but I'd love a spin-off starring heroes. Not anyone in particular, just give someone an arc then move to the next. An organization alternating bodies for trigger. Be cool if this was all funded by Overhaul, but I think its another group Overhaul eventually started working with.
    Spoiler:
    The stuff about tranforming the bodies of people makes me think of the Noumus though, maybe those were AFO´s tests before the Noumus were a thing. Still, AFO influence appearing in Illegals would be surprising, Overhaul also sounds good.

Yeah I gotta disagree with Bakugou being less relevant than Iida. Aizawa refers to both Deku and Bakugou being the two that spur the class into action, either with words or example. Iida isn't really referred to that way and Iida has been not plot relevant longer than Bakugou's absence. Iida says he thinks of Deku as a rival but he's not at Todoroki or Bakugou's level. And Deku doesn't really seem to have him under the consideration. Bakugou drives Deku.

Bah. Because I'm in Germany I can't view viz's website.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Lol at someone actually thinking Bakugou is less relevant than iida. That's just funny.
    Its funny that you or anyone ekse can't prove me wrong.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Yeah I gotta disagree with Bakugou being less relevant than Iida. Aizawa refers to both Deku and Bakugou being the two that spur the class into action, either with words or example. Iida isn't really referred to that way and Iida has been not plot relevant longer than Bakugou's absence. Iida says he thinks of Deku as a rival but he's not at Todoroki or Bakugou's level. And Deku doesn't really seem to have him under the consideration. Bakugou drives Deku.

Bah. Because I'm in Germany I can't view viz's website.
    And this is just flat out wrong. So basically without the designated rival tag people would never hold Bakugou in higher standard despite being in the background for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Its funny that you or anyone ekse can't prove me wrong.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And this is just flat out wrong. So basically without the designated rival tag people would never hold Bakugou in higher standard despite being in the background for two years.
    Did that Yakuza arc really take 2 years? You'll have to remind me what Iida has done since the Bakugou rescue arc. I'm drawing a blank honestly. Also what exactly is flat out wrong?

Why does there has to be a conflict? Why can't it just be that she decided she wanted to be a hero instead of folliwing in her parents footsteps? None of the characters have complex reasons to be a hero.
    What I'm asking for is not what I consider to be complex, but alright.

So what you're saying is that Ochako has not developed in 184 chapters is what you're saying.
    Nope, I'm saying that said development/focus comes once in a blue moon.

You do realize this us a One Piece forum right?
    Yup.

Well excluding the fact that he fell ill during that arc which made go on longer than expected sure but just blame it on his inability to write.
    Not sure what this has to do with what I said.

Props to Bones for making the disguise scene better than the manga.

Deku attempting to act like a delinquent makes him sound like Asta.
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Did that Yakuza arc really take 2 years? You'll have to remind me what Iida has done since the Bakugou rescue arc. I'm drawing a blank honestly. Also what exactly is flat out wrong?
    Since becoming a damsel in distress in Kamino his portion of the exam was skipped over and after his fight with Deku was reduced to background noise then will don't see him again for nearly a year so he could star in an arc that wasnt even about him. Even Iida had a monent in the Yakuza arc .

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Since becoming a damsel in distress in Kamino his portion of the exam was skipped over and after his fight with Deku was reduced to background noise then will don't see him again for nearly a year so he could star in an arc that wasnt even about him. Even Iida had a monent in the Yakuza arc .
    I haven't paid close attention here, because "THIS CHARACTER BAD!!!"-type discussions grate on my nerves like little else.

Disclaimer out of the way: Even if Bakugo wasn't the focus of the arcs, he was a part of them and gained and/or displayed significant development from them, and the fight with Deku after the exam was all about him and his issues.

He's a major character in the story, even if he doesn't get major focus 100% of the time.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

i restarted since i dropped off when bakugou was being a little kidnapped bitch
    it's still an okay manga but

i am in love with mirio
    not the character but like
    extremely sexually attracted to him

that is all i want to say

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    There may be others involved with quirk removing powers, or other ways to neutralize quirks in young children. I doubt Eri is the only kid with a crazy powerful ability, nor do I imagine that Aizawa would need to be her sole caretaker, else he'd basically be her legal guardian at this point.
    I am all for the world to expand and us being presented to other people with similar quirks but different applications. Like someone being able to create a "No quirk zone". Everything you stated as an alternative would be an interesting approach. Personally, I like when the world context grows in terms of technology or such.

Also, this is a high school setting rather than kids her age, and in particular it's a high school that's basically been bug light for villains to come assault them.
    Even if the kids are not her age, I think it would be better than a lab institute. We also have Mirio whom is very close to the situation at hand, without a Quirk. We already saw that they are keeping each other company.

On the villains assault, I agree. If there is one other assault, I would assume it being the last, which will discredit U.A entirely. I am pretty much expecting this route, as the idea of the villain alliance kidnapping Eri seems very much alive.

But, it's a high school with the main characters, so it'll have to do
    Pretty much. More than having no reasons to be there, I think it is the case of the author not expanding his world for her *not* to have to be there. Or showing us these alternatives, and telling us why they would not work. Unless the only other way for them to control such a powerful quirk is how they are treating All for One.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Hmm. I disagree.

To tack on with sgamer82. The exam was where Aizawa mentioned how he and Deku drive the students to be better. And also we get round 2 Deku vs Bakugou and he gets the truth from All Might. Iida isn't privy to that info. And Deku probably won't be dumb enough to tell anyone else. Bakugou and Todoroki were the main focus on the supplement classes, not Endeavor. Endeavour had like one or two things to say to all Might. But that was secondary to the training with the elementary school kids. Bakugou had a fairly decent breakthrough. After that we had him on drums working with his class. In this arc though pretty only him and Jiro got a bit more focus. But everyone other than Deku got overshadowed by Deku, Gentle and La Brava.

But again wasn't your point Bakugou was less important to plot than Iida? What exactly has Iida done since Kamino that was significant to warrant that idea? What has Iida done that makes him stand out more? Because I don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information