+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    It depends on who you ask, but...yeah, pretty much.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah well, he also was a strong proponent of black supremacy and anti-integration, and he preached some pretty crazy shit like that white people were a race of devils who were created by an evil scientist.

Basically, Malcolm X was to MLK what Magneto is to Professor X.
    Well, he also lived a troubled life and was roped into an ideology/supported by an organization that provided structure and a purpose, for many black men.
    These weren't views adopted in some vacuum, hinging on them as some "well," when they were in response to living in an actively hostile state and decades of oppression, doesn't really work to me.
    Plus, this ignores the breadth of his views and how his entire outlook shifted after this journey to Mecca, and his break with the NOI.

Edit: He's flawed like any man, but as a whole I'd say his legacy and the message to be taken from his life, is positive.
    Edit2: I wouldn't consider X, to be the same as some random street preacher, yelling at people about Yakub and calling everyone devils, like those people on Yotuube, in 2018.
    Last edited by Boing; June 13th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

My point was I don't think Destro is straight up hated. I think he simply has a controversial reputation where the appreciation for how far he went depends on who you ask. He existed in a confusing time but in more structurize system where normals and quirkies come from the same place and are all the same families his methods(not his views) might make him a complicated figure.

Which is why I took malcom X since he is the one I know having a cause that was judge right later on but with methods and views people questions even now. I was also thinking black panther movement or something but I am to fuzzier on that.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Looking decent. Though best girl Froppy is only in there getting beat up, not fighting. Boo.

I think these games look really bad. Same with the Naruto and One Piece 3D games. They just look clunky to me.

The online customization is what will get me to purchase it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Looking decent. Though best girl Froppy is only in there getting beat up, not fighting. Boo.
    Im getting a broken video

Edit: Nevermind
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I think these games look really bad. Same with the Naruto and One Piece 3D games. They just look clunky to me.

The online customization is what will get me to purchase it though.
    Well basically all anime tie in games you just sort of take for being a certain level of quality, but forgive because of the character count and it gives you something to play for a couple weekends.

As long as the characters are actually a little distinct at any rate.

I remember one of the old Naruto games basically everyone played identically except for supers from Naruto, Sasuke and Rock Lee. ....Though I did take Kiba and buff up his speed to ridiculous bounce around the stage levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well basically all anime tie in games you just sort of take for being a certain level of quality, but forgive because of the character count and it gives you something to play for a couple weekends.

As long as the characters are actually a little distinct at any rate.

I remember one of the old Naruto games basically everyone played identically except for supers from Naruto, Sasuke and Rock Lee. ....Though I did take Kiba and buff up his speed to ridiculous bounce around the stage levels.
    That's a shame. But eh. Tie in games to almost everything are never really polished.

Trailer for the movie. Does it look like they're wearing clothes from the 1st popularity poll? Sorry I can't find a regular video.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...90663944305952

It's awesome that Jirou is playable and looks to have a unique moveset. I guess it's her manga popularity that got her in since she's barely been featured at all in the anime so far.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Last chapter is out: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/187/page/1

I liked the fight parts and seeing Hawks in action, but something about the chapter made me enjoy it less...
    Spoiler:
    Todorokiīs mom being understanding with Endeavor is concerning, I really like how he is growing as a person, but having the person he abused forgiving him doesnīt sit well with me. It feels forced and sends the shitty message that victims should forgive their abusers if they show some improvement, thatīs not cool.

Death flags, death flags everywhere!
    Complicating things since 2009.

I don't like where the Endeavor as a person thread is going.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I really hope Hori knows what he is doing with Endeavor, because it may end being pretty dissapointing, Todoroki smiling at Endeavor after the license exam extra classes was already a red flag, but not as much as this chapter. I want to see him live with the consequences of his past actions and accept that his family donīt have the obligation of forgive him just because he is a better person now.

This topic should be handled with a lot of nuance and very carefully to not come off as promoting awful attitudes.

Someone letting go of their abusive attitudes takes a lot of time and even then, the other party is mostly still better off leaving the old relationship behind. Forgiving something like that with ease is not how it should work.

In my opinion, it doesn't have enough build-up on neither part right now. We haven't even actually *seen* him trying to be a better parent. Hero, sure, but not parent and husband.

I really hope this character arc won't be moving as quickly as this chapter might imply. I'm 100% happy that it is at least acknowledged that it would be bad for her to meet him.

But if you rush this, even if the intention is good, it sends a message that kinda leaves a bad taste behind.

I like the siblings. Especially the brother.

'm not hating the handling of Flamebeard past. Although this can so easily go one and pissed me off I wonder if I don't prefer if it wasn't handled.

So did both children inherit their mother's quirk a simili? The brother mention they are all sensitive to heat(could be a Flamebeard jab).

#1 hero doesn't seem to be doing to good. He should bring the fight to the ground to move more freely.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDogma View Post
    I really hope Hori knows what he is doing with Endeavor, because it may end being pretty dissapointing, Todoroki smiling at Endeavor after the license exam extra classes was already a red flag, but not as much as this chapter. I want to see him live with the consequences of his past actions and accept that his family donīt have the obligation of forgive him just because he is a better person now.
    I hated the way Dekou/Bakougo relationship was resolved with Deku admiring his tormentor and the other not having to apologize.

This one doesn't bother me as much. To me the most important is that Endevor acknowledge how shitty he was to his wife and apologize for it. Both seems to be happening. As far as the mother go I don't feel like telling how a victim should react. As long as she doesn't become her fangirl(her saying she's afraid doesn't lead me to believe it will happen) I will be fine with any of her decisions.

I also would not enjoy them getting back together.

The thing with Deku and Bakugou is that it's been handled very carefully and step-by-step.

I don't think it's actually resolved yet.. kinda far from it. The flaws in their relationship have been acknowledged many times and they keep struggling with them.

It's taken a very long story portion to get them where they are. The time when Bakugo apologizes is probably in the further stages of his arc/somewhere in the end point.

But right now it feels like he's not there yet to me.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; June 15th, 2018 at 03:09 AM.

It's okay, the mom forgave Endeavour because he said he liked a flower. That makes everything A-okay!
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

For me, this is foreshadowing.

They directly addressed the fact that no one knows about it.
    So the users (myself included) who expect the secret to get out and cause a scandal were just thrown a line.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    So the users (myself included) who expect the secret to get out and cause a scandal were just thrown a line.
    I din't expect things to come out(more like Flamebeard apologizing while crying and moving on with his family blessing) but as saw this panel I had to reevaluate. After such clear spotlight about that part being a secret from the public it would be strange if it doesn't get reveal.

YouTube video for the second movie trailer

Endeavor's past coming out, losing the respect of the public, and getting knocked out the top spot forever is an interesting alternative if he doesn't die. And the Dabi is Shouto's brother theory got more fuel. For a second I thought High End was gonna whip out Dabi's quirk. Never noticed the thing about black and white nomu.
    But, if you're thinkin' about my nomu
    It
    don't matter if you're black or white

NNID: jervinnectar

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    It's okay, the mom forgave Endeavour because he said he liked a flower. That makes everything A-okay!
    DID she forgive him? She mainly just remarked that he's at least trying to face the issues.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information