+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2591

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

The first controversy will be kind of low, it will keep escalating until a day where Wash doesn't pay his parking lot and society collapses.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Again, found the action hard to follow in this chapter. Doesn't help that Endevour and High End are kinda just dark masses stuck together here. Hopefully we'll get some sort of negative publicity for Todoroki Sr.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

I can't figure out why that website doesn't work for me anymore.

I can't tell if the chapter is really that disjointed or if it's just MS fucking it up.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Spoiler:

This double page and the image of Endeavor standing with High End behind him are so good, this was awesome.

Also I like how Dabi looks in this chapter

Hope Dabi livens up this arc.

Yeah I don't see endeavor dying here but it seems a bit early for endeavor's crimes to be revealed. I know horikoshi likes to move at a lightning pace but I wonder how he will deal with that bit of news since it seems like it'd be more impactful if endeavor was ingratiated to the pubic before his fall.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Yeah I don't see endeavor dying here but it seems a bit early for endeavor's crimes to be revealed. I know horikoshi likes to move at a lightning pace but I wonder how he will deal with that bit of news since it seems like it'd be more impactful if endeavor was ingratiated to the pubic before his fall.
    Speaking of lightning pace, I couldn't help but chuckle when Endeavor was telling High End how he used to be on the same path as him. Wasn't that long ago buddy, but sure...

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

I'm relived we're not going down an "Endeavor sacrifices himself and is remembered fondly" route here.

Did High End just die? That seems like a waste of a character unless was really nothing to him except wanting to fight strong heroes, Endeavor bringing up that contrast and...maybe paving the way for even more developed, intelligent Nomu? Idk. Gentle was also pretty much dealt with in his debut arc too, and everyone's brought up how quickly events happen and are resolved in this series, so that really being the end of him isn't surprising. I just wish we could generally get some more build up in this series. Even All for One was dealt with around 3 volumes after he was revealed.

And we're finally getting some Dabi stuff! Most people already seem to be on broad with the "Dabi is a rouge son of Endeavor's and will reveal his actions to the public" or some variation thereof, but here's some evidence to support that theory anyways.
    Spoiler:
    During his introduction scene with Toga, Dabi is adamant about not telling Shigaraki (and thus, the readers) about his real name.

During the end of the training camp arc, after getting the Bakugo marble right before Shoto, he verbally mocks him using his full name.

When the LoV are all captured by Kamui Woods during the Bakugo rescue operation and All Might is listing off their full names, Dabi is conspicuously the only one absent from that role call, having been knocked out by Gran Torino a few moments earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Spoiler:

When the LoV are all captured by Kamui Woods during the Bakugo rescue operation and All Might is listing off their full names, Dabi is conspicuously the only one absent from that role call, having been knocked out by Gran Torino a few moments earlier.
    I'm on board with the theory, of course, but note that we didn't get a first name for Kurogiri either.

So either there's something secret about him too, or...that was just to make it a little less suspicious than if Dabi's was the *only* missing name.
    Last edited by CCC; July 12th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

I was scrolling down, and I saw, "Nice to meet you..." I fully expected the next panel to be "Dad" or "Father" or something else of the sort, but then it was just "Endeavor" lol What a troll xD

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I was scrolling down, and I saw, "Nice to meet you..." I fully expected the next panel to be "Dad" or "Father" or something else of the sort, but then it was just "Endeavor" lol What a troll xD
    I think the case might be that this his mother might not be the same as the others and thus endeavor might have completely abandoned her or something. Then possibly her dying and leaving Dabi an orphan in the city where he had to toughen up and later learned to hate his father.

I know some people will point to Todoroki's flashback where we saw children playing but I'm kind of questioning that because after the kids proved they didn't have the right combination he sort of left them alone. I guess there could be an interesting angle where Dabi tried sticking up for Todoroki and Endeavor cast him out/ faked his death. Whatever their Familial history is, I doubt it's very straightforward.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

All the signs seem to point to dabi being endeavors abandoned son, but seeing as a lot of this arc is trying to redeem endeavor I feel like the twist will be something with less punch

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Glad High End is dead. Too powerful a villain, I can't even begin to imagine how we'll be dealing with power-scaling in the future if characters like him become mainstay. One-off last thing All for One made please, no more of these uber powerful noumu's till the end-game.

Daddy meets son turned villain next! Exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Lots of contextual evidence suggests that Dabi is the eldest. Like 23-25.

So maybe he was the first "experiment" (possibly from another woman, since Rei's ice genes seem dominant) before Enji realized that fire alone wouldn't be enough to surpass All Might. But in the process, he was severely abused and basically snapped, and left home.

Because Natsuo references another abused sibling indirectly (meaning Fuyumi knows too), but Shoto didn't recognize Dabi in the forest (he would've told the police "Yeah it was my estranged older brother who kidnapped Bakugo"), which makes no sense if he was just the third kid playing in the yard (who was also the smallest of those three).

Plus, four pair of shoes in the current Todoroki household genkan (Endeavor + Fuyumi + Natsuo + third kid who isn't Dabi)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df_IutNU0AAgutB.jpg

B
    ut then we have Kid #3's hair being white in the manga, red in the anime, and white AGAIN in the manga after the anime, so who knows what's going on

Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar

I know there's tons of evidence suggesting that Dabi is Endeavor's son, but I really don't want it to be true. I just don't think there's that much of an interesting story to tell from that. It's 90% likely it would just be "Endeavor pushed Dabi really hard until Dabi was either abandoned or ran away and hates his dad because of it." I just don't see much mystery in it, and would feel way too similar to Todoroki's backstory.

And if he really was Endeavor's son, why wait until now to try and ruin his reputation? If he had dirt on him for so long, why not try and get it published sooner?

The two of them can still be connected in more surprising ways. Maybe Dabi was an aspiring Hero who Endeavor crushed on his way to the top? Maybe he was collateral damage from one of Endeavor's acts of heroism? Maybe Endeavor wrongfully accused him of being a villain, which then pushed him into becoming one? Just something surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I'm on board with the theory, of course, but note that we didn't get a first name for Kurogiri either.

So either there's something secret about him too, or...that was just to make it a little less suspicious than if Dabi's was the *only* missing name.
    Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. Thanks for the correction. Some interesting food for thought there.

Also, thinking about High End, I don't understand why there was so much focus on him being semi-sentient if he was just going to bite the dust after one fight. He's introduced talking to presumably Dabi, Endeavor considers bringing him in alive at one point, he publicly shouts for a stronger opponent after downing Endeavor, etc. but pretty much everything could have gone the same if he was just as brain-dead as the USJ Nomu. And if he was supposed to be a preview of what's to come, it would be a bit ridiculous for even further developed Nomus to become a thing at this point in the story.

The first nomu actually survived all might barrage but was captured by the authorities since he was basically like a pet and basically didnt resist at all. Dabi might collect this one and then they need a hero team up to finally kill it.

My completely random guess is that dabi basically couldn't control his quirk at all and endeavor took him down by force to stop him and in the process burned his entire body. I would wager theres a 100% chance that if endeavor was part of the yakuza mission then he would probably burn eri to solve her going out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I know there's tons of evidence suggesting that Dabi is Endeavor's son, but I really don't want it to be true. I just don't think there's that much of an interesting story to tell from that. It's 90% likely it would just be "Endeavor pushed Dabi really hard until Dabi was either abandoned or ran away and hates his dad because of it." I just don't see much mystery in it, and would feel way too similar to Todoroki's backstory.

And if he really was Endeavor's son, why wait until now to try and ruin his reputation? If he had dirt on him for so long, why not try and get it published sooner?

The two of them can still be connected in more surprising ways. Maybe Dabi was an aspiring Hero who Endeavor crushed on his way to the top? Maybe he was collateral damage from one of Endeavor's acts of heroism? Maybe Endeavor wrongfully accused him of being a villain, which then pushed him into becoming one? Just something surprising.
    I don't really like it either, or at least not the way it's shaping up to be as if it's supposed to be this big reveal, but at the same time him actually being related to Endeavor is really my only interest in the character to be honest...

As I am thinking Horikoshi is trying to redeem Endeavour, the last chapters gave me the feeling maybe he didn't lookout an ice quirk simply to get the strongest kid, but because the ice powers would keep his kids safe from overheating like him. Dabi maybe came from before he realized that and maybe looked for another heat/fire quirk that would sum to his and thus Dabi came as someone who can barely use his quirk without suffering heavy collateral damages.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information