+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1080

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

  1. #1061

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Meanwhile:

    Spoiler:
    https://i.imgur.com/IrZTZBE.jpg

    A new Hero in the movie is Literally Godzilla.

    How the fuck is he not No. 1 Hero by default.
    Collateral damage. Sure, half the city's destroyed but someone had to stop that jaywalker.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  2. #1062

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Calling those "death threats" is dramatic overblown bullshit from blinded MHA stans who can't bear any criticism of the series.

    In the past few days, I've seen way more frothing hate directed at the people who have a problem with potential Endeavor redemption, than any actual @ing @ Horikoshi. Dude probably has no idea what's going on with English tumblr and couldn't care less if he did.


    ...and - not to samethingbothsides it at all - but giving up on the series and calling the author a monster seems a little premature when Endeavor's story arc clearly isn't over. There's plenty to suggest it won't be so cut and dry as "despicable serial abuser saves the day, everyone loves him forever" in a series whose key motif is warped societal perceptions vs. behind-the-scenes harsh reality.
    People arent @'ing himm they're #'ing him but he's taken a lot more abuse from tumblr than other WSJ writers, many of whom are worse in the issues horikoshi is criticized for.

    I mean even during Punk Hazard and Dressrosa I didnt see this kind of tumblr response to oda and arguably what he did in thise arcs is worse than horikoshi has completed (those if he flubs this up it could top those easily)


    I hate mineta as well but people on the internet can be super vindictive. I didnt like how you wrote your fictional story so I hope you die. That's dehumanizing levels of social behavior not too different that what can be found in extremely fringe political groups.

    The subreddit is probably overreacting to that but I dont think it's "nothing" either
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  3. #1063
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I've come to regard this sort of thing as that really clear but easily and often ignored line between not liking a character's portrayal and having a deep personal loathing for someone who doesn't actually exist (which in the case of MHA means Endeavor, Bakugo, and/or Mineta).

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  4. #1064

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Horikoshi does not actively search for the hashtag #horibitch or even speak English lol. Tumblr's whole shtick is that it's full of extremely dramatic people who dial up the intensity to 11, whether fanboying/girling or hating.
    It'll be news when there's a twitter campaign, in Japanese, with threats actually worded as threats. Which I can't picture happening.

    The interesting point, though, is that yeah - there's more of this reaction here/now than, say, at godawful gender issues in One Piece or whatever. Probably because OP has been pretty consistent(ly bad) about so much of that stuff for years (so everyone shrugs when Robin is a geisha because duh), whereas MHA might be the first long-running series these tumblr babies latched onto, and while not "progressive" it does do several things comparatively well. I'm sure they were up at arms over Team Girls getting shafted in the yakuza arc, too.

  5. #1065

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I wouldnt call one piece godawful in certain regards, and im actually excoted robin is being a geisha since there's an implied stealth mission where she can show off why she was an assassian / top of an info network for the first time in like 15 years lol, but I more or less agree
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  6. #1066
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    At least Oda was consistent in his framing of Caeser.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

    http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

  7. #1067

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I love the new ending. Best song out of the anime this season.

    I also like this opening considerably better.

    Good episode also. I still love how organic Deku's growth feels like. Hatsume is so much fun, too. I just don't get the hyperbolic reaction to the potrayal of the girls. Yeah, the internet is prone to hyperboly, but I guess I disagree.

    I feel like I should be extra offended because I'm female myself, but all the girls are really likeable to me, just like the boys. The girls get less time, yes, but they still feel like complete characters.

    I also feel the reaction to Endv. isn't justified just yet (the death threat particularly nasty), he's kind of their hope for stability right now. I don't think they are rooting out of some genuine love. They kinda need him to succeed to keep stability.

  8. #1068

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Honestly, anything that comes from Tumblr should be instantly dismissed. Majority of their users have got several screws loose, as in, they are retarded. And I wouldn't waste even a second of my lifetime in a rotten place like that, just one glance at the comments is enough for me to tell Tumblr is a sort of bastion for whiny brats, radical feminists and moral assholes, who can't even write some legit criticism, nor back their arguments in a convincing manner. They're outcasts from our society.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  9. #1069

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I find the opening so non-treathening that is hilarious.

    The song is ok, but this being a "school" arc and a personal arc leaves the OP lacking any sense of menace.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  10. #1070

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Horikoshi does not actively search for the hashtag #horibitch or even speak English lol. Tumblr's whole shtick is that it's full of extremely dramatic people who dial up the intensity to 11, whether fanboying/girling or hating.
    It'll be news when there's a twitter campaign, in Japanese, with threats actually worded as threats. Which I can't picture happening.

    The interesting point, though, is that yeah - there's more of this reaction here/now than, say, at godawful gender issues in One Piece or whatever. Probably because OP has been pretty consistent(ly bad) about so much of that stuff for years (so everyone shrugs when Robin is a geisha because duh), whereas MHA might be the first long-running series these tumblr babies latched onto, and while not "progressive" it does do several things comparatively well. I'm sure they were up at arms over Team Girls getting shafted in the yakuza arc, too.
    robin as a geisha makes total sense because as far as we know thorugh kinemon, wano is a patriarcal society that doesn't see women as equal to men, so of course the jobs she can take would be limited.

    also she is supposed to be an expert in spying and murder, so an infiltration role as a geisha works well.

  11. #1071

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Why anyone would waste 5 seconds of their life thinking about the Tumblr fandom is beyond me.

    Don't worry about them. Once their parents pass away, mother nature, the wild animals and a limited stock of Cheetos will ensure they don't further reproduce.

  12. #1072

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Honestly, anything that comes from Tumblr should be instantly dismissed. Majority of their users have got several screws loose, as in, they are retarded. And I wouldn't waste even a second of my lifetime in a rotten place like that, just one glance at the comments is enough for me to tell Tumblr is a sort of bastion for whiny brats, radical feminists and moral assholes, who can't even write some legit criticism, nor back their arguments in a convincing manner. They're outcasts from our society.

    Content creators are fine though is the annoying very vocal minority that ruins things. And they usually overblown over anything so nothing new.







  13. #1073
    Waiting for you MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Personally, I'm seeing more outrage about the outrage, than the outrage itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  14. #1074

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I write on Tumblr and really, all you gotta do is find a group of decent people that share your interests. Thats been basically my "be a fan" mentality these past few years everywhere, actually. Anything with a bigger fanbase isn't very fun to follow because a bigger amount of people can blow everything out of proportion much more strongly and sometimes that turns into harrassment.

  15. #1075

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    I liked the new opening song and visuals very much. The ending not so much. The animation seemed weird for it too. Like...Too fast at times? But the ending seems to throw a little hint at the very end. All the kids are at least looking at the viewer except for Todoroki and Bakugo. You can't see their faces.

    The episode itself was good. I like Hatsume. She's definitely an amusing character.

    I dunno if it was because I was watching the episode on Hulu but there was a strange edit where we see All Might arrive for the next round of training. It kinda goes silent and then it cuts to Deku and Mineta then suddenly back to All Might and Aizawa.

  16. #1076

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    more Hagakure-is-the-traitor evidence. ahem.

    https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1018164961812631553

  17. #1077

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    My Hero Vigilantes chapter 33 is out!

    Spoiler:

    Mechs, don't think we've seen them in this universe before. Guess Kaniko doesn't have a quirk, but the police really need to start employing strong quirk users. Requesting heroes seems like an extra step.



    They didn't show the Toshinori version of Deku and All Might sitting on the bench in the new opening. Thought they were going for that.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  18. #1078

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    New opening song and visuals are both...fine. The song is cool for the most part until the generic pop chorus (bad choruses are a problem a lot of MHA openings). The visuals are good quality but they feel extremely uninspired.

    Ending is the second most boring one after Season 1's, but my main issue is that Deku looks pretty off-model in it. His shoulders are narrow and his forearms and hands are too big like an orangutan.
    Last edited by Jabberwok; July 14th, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  19. #1079

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    At least Oda was consistent in his framing of Caeser.
    Because we already had Judge being redeemed :P

  20. #1080

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law



    Anyone know who the goggle kid at the 21-second mark is? I don't the animators would waste time putting some random person there.

    NNID: jervinnectar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. Purple Hermit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts