+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1680

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

says the exact same thing he writes for every ep - "anime coming up, starting at 5:30"

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    says the exact same thing he writes for every ep - "anime coming up, starting at 5:30"
    Ah okay. I don't recall seeing these before.

yeah the text in the drawing itself never really changes, but sometimes he writes more interesting blurbs in the tweet itself!

yeah the text in the drawing itself never really changes, but sometimes he writes more interesting blurbs in the tweet itself!
    I see I see.

In unrelated things. I'm watching a character poll where this group is voting for 1-A characters folks they like the least so it's left with the most favorite. I definitely feel Horikoshi has written 98% good characters cause it's hard to chose.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I see I see.

In unrelated things. I'm watching a character poll where this group is voting for 1-A characters folks they like the least so it's left with the most favorite. I definitely feel Horikoshi has written 98% good characters cause it's hard to chose.
    The least liked Class A characters? Who's winning, Bakugo or Mineta?

My money would be on Mineta because, despite all the "BAKUGO BAD!!!!!" that goes around, he still has people who like him. Mineta is not so fortunate.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

My money would be on Mineta because, despite all the "BAKUGO BAD!!!!!" that goes around, he still has people who like him. Mineta is not so fortunate.
    I think Bakugou is one of the best characters in the series... I really doubt he'd lose a poll, hell he's probably the most popular character in the series. I think Animal talking guy and Juice drinking dude would lose something like that. Just due to lack of personality. Mineta might be awful but at least he's got character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Bakugou is just like Rohan, a good character but you would hate to have him around you.
    Of 1A I think Ojiro, Koda, Sato, Shoji and Hagakure are the one if least development.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

Mineta was out in round 1 I think. Bakugo is still in it. I think Bakugo has grown on people in the west a lot more so he has more fans and slightly less haters lol..

Toru, Jiro, Mineta, Sato, Aoyama, Koda, and Ojiro are out currently.

Mineta was out in round 1 I think. Bakugo is still in it. I think Bakugo has grown on people in the west a lot more so he has more fans and slightly less haters lol..

Toru, Jiro, Mineta, Sato, Aoyama, Koda, and Ojiro are out currently.
    Gonna say Deku Todoroki Bakugou make the finals... and Tokoyami. Not sure in what order.
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum

I think Bakugo has grown on people in the west a lot more so he has more fans and slightly less haters lol..
    The west has now gotten past the part where "he's just going to be another Sasuke style traitor rival, lame". So that helps.

So volume 20's cover is out and it looks blimming incredible. Best cover so far imo

New volume 20 cover

Holy crap!
    Spoiler:
    Ojiro made it on a cover!

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    New volume 20 cover

Holy crap!
    Spoiler:
    Ojiro made it on a cover!
    Who's the girl at the very center?

Who's the girl at the very center?
    Nejire Hadou.

Is the cover of a western comic? I swear I saw something familiar....Star Wars?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Nejire Hadou.

Is the cover of a western comic? I swear I saw something familiar....Star Wars?
    Oooh. I keep forgetting about her.

The cover does have a Star Wars feel about it. And I find it kinda funny who he chose to feature on it. Like I would have swapped at least Ochacho, Asui and Ojiro for Mina and Aoyama.

New cover is fantastic! Deku's in Star Wars pose separating hero work and school life and trying to keep them balanced. Composition and art are good and give the low-stakes-but-emotional arc an appropriate movie poster feel. The only out of place thing is Nejire, who apparently was the key to everything while I wasn't looking.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This is the specific Star Wars reference btw:
    Spoiler:

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Last edited by CCC; August 20th, 2018 at 09:46 AM.

Got the two latest volumes and man, the Viz translation for Seiji Shishikura is ao great, any translation really since his dialogue is so flowery.
    The only line of his I definitively prefer in fan-translation though, is "What's abnormal is a world where the rank and file hold sway."
    I super love that line.
    What's translating his dialogue to english like, is there anything peculiar about it?

Just sort of stuffy with some pretentious vocabulary thrown in.

Just sort of stuffy with some pretentious vocabulary thrown in.
    Yeee he reads like a dictionary/thesaurus, it's entertaining, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information