+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Default My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Macadamia
    is a genus of four species of trees indigenous to Australia and constituting part of the plant family Proteaceae.[1][2] They are native to north eastern New South Wales and central and south eastern Queensland. The tree is commercially important for its fruit, the macadamia nut /ˌmękəˈdeɪmiə/ (or simply "macadamia"). Other names include Queensland nut, bush nut, maroochi nut, bauple nut, and Hawaii nut.[3] In Australian Aboriginal languages, the fruit is known by names such as bauple, gyndl, jindilli,[3] and boombera. Previously, more species with disjunct distributions were named as members of this genus Macadamia.[2] Genetics and morphological studies more recently published in 2008 show they have separated from the genus Macadamia, correlating less closely than thought from earlier morphological studies.[2] The species previously named in the Macadamia genus may still be referred to overall by the descriptive, non-scientific name of macadamia; their disjunct distributions and current scientific names are:
    • New Caledonia endemic genus Virotia in 1975 having only the type species, then by 2008 all six endemic species
    • North eastern Queensland, Australian endemic genus and species Catalepidia heyana in 1995
    • North eastern Queensland and Cape York Peninsula, Australia, three endemic species of Lasjia in 2008; in Australia still informally described as northern macadamias
    • Sulawesi (Indonesia) two endemic species of Lasjia in 2008, based on the 1952 name M. hildebrandii and the 1995 name M. erecta
    Macadamia is an evergreen genus that grows 2–12 m (7–40 ft) tall. The leaves are arranged in whorls of three to six, lanceolate to obovate or elliptic in shape, 6–30 cm (2–10 in) long and 3–13 cm (1–5 in) broad, with an entire or spiny-serrated margin. The flowers are produced in a long, slender, simple raceme 5–30 cm (2–10 in) long, the individual flowers 10–15 mm (0.4–0.6 in) long, white to pink or purple, with four tepals. The fruit is a very hard, woody, globose follicle with a pointed apex, containing one or two seeds.
    The German-Australian botanist Ferdinand von Mueller gave the genus the name Macadamia in 1857 in honour of the Scottish-Australian chemist, medical teacher, and politician John Macadam.[4]

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

I love those fruits. My mom wasn't a fan of me eating them when I was a kid because she was worried I would choke on them.

I wonder if the festival will continue or be interrupted. They are so many activities that has been mention that I have trouble seeing it stop but at the same time HoundHero is already on the lookout and Deku don't exactly fight discreet.

HoudHero will secretly be a softie?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Hiriluk was dying anyway. Kureha knew full well he had no time left, and she would have told Chopper as much. It's not like he was a fully healthy man with 50 years left to live that took the mushroom. He was a dying man that did a kindness for his son that suffered so much to help him.

It might have tainted Chopper *more* to have gotten battered and bruised and nearly killing himself to get a cure only to be told on the spot that he'd gotten hurt for nothing. Hiriluk encouraged the kindness and the effort. Kureha then gave him the study afterward.

Similar to how Luffy learned his lesson about not being ready yet when Shanks lost his arm.
    Or he could praise his dedication and tell him that this kind of dedication makes great doctors. He will leave him with a good friend of his that will give the knowledge that will transform into the greatest and what he did to get that mushroom proves that he has the right heart for the job.

I mean it's not like he had a secret way of curing himself. Chopper was going to learn it didn't work anyway. Once he is gone he could easily believe it was for nothing. But if he stayed he could have tell him how all he did proves he has the heart and is only lacking the knowledge and make sure Chopper doesn't beat himself over it.

But he chose the option where his son who wanted doctor would be helping to kill someone due to faulty care.

I believe he handled the matter incredibly poorly. And I believe Kureha is more sympathetic role model than he ever was.

I respect your opinions greatly even if I don't always agree with them. I am not saying that people that disagree with me read the manga wrong just that I saw the matter differently than others.

Shanks told Luffy he wasn't ready before that so he was honest from the start. Even supposing Shanks let his hand be bitten purposely and not becasue saving Luffy and protecting couldn't be done together he didn't just leave Luffy. He made sure to cheer Luffy up and encourage him with his hat and a promise to make sure he kept him on the right tracks.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

I don't read this shit, but must accept that till now, this thread is made of pure win.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Since this is a fresh thread does anyone here think the story will go beyond the 3 years of high school they have in japan? I remember horikoshi wasn't thinking it was gonna be super long and people having estimates of it being a 300-400 chapter series but while we are around halfway through that prediction, I don't really feel like we are approaching that point right here. But then again because of the pacing being a lot quicker than other long running series I don't know if we'll ever really know the half way point is coming unless a big event highlights it. Like All Might Dying for instance.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Since this is a fresh thread does anyone here think the story will go beyond the 3 years of high school they have in japan? I remember horikoshi wasn't thinking it was gonna be super long and people having estimates of it being a 300-400 chapter series but while we are around halfway through that prediction, I don't really feel like we are approaching that point right here. But then again because of the pacing being a lot quicker than other long running series I don't know if we'll ever really know the half way point is coming unless a big event highlights it. Like All Might Dying for instance.
    I would like it to do beyond the high school years. I mean it would be odd to have Deku get an epilogue of being the greatest hero. Like what happened with Naruto becoming Hokage.

We know Deku is already getting recognized but it would feel lame to have him the best and not see the actual journey. I don't expect Endeavour and hundreds of pros to drop off the face of the earth. Unless the whole system breaks down. This series just has too many things it could explore after all the school stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I would like it to do beyond the high school years. I mean it would be odd to have Deku get an epilogue of being the greatest hero. Like what happened with Naruto becoming Hokage.

We know Deku is already getting recognized but it would feel lame to have him the best and not see the actual journey. I don't expect Endeavour and hundreds of pros to drop off the face of the earth. Unless the whole system breaks down. This series just has too many things it could explore after all the school stuff.
    Yeah I thonk thinga will start to move faster after this year though otherwise itd be chapter 600 when they graduate and that seems way to long so we might get longer time jumps, in a vein similar to dr stone
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

The con to having it move past high school is that the series loses a huge crux of what make it unique among superhero stories to begin with. After high school, he basically becomes a celebrity superhero that occasionally gets called in for threats like a SWAT team. Which is pretty much the MCU Avengers.

The only unique interesting routes I can see are Deku becoming a teacher or starting his own hero firm.

What I'm surprised about is the series STILL being in its first year. I would have thought that All-Might losing his powers would have capped off that milestone, but nope. I keep feeling like the second year or third year is going to be skipped because it's hard for me to see how Horikoshi can keep coming up with more unique content for three whole in-manga years unless he drastically messes with the status-quo at some point.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I don't believe one second it will go beyond the school. It changes to much of the actual format of the manga and the setting the mangaka gave himself. It's a main cast and it isabout their inexperience. One you are passed those school years you can easily cap it of with Deku discovering the kind of hero he will be and going into a new journey.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

They could create the next half of the series "My Hero Higher Learning" "My Hero Doctorate" lol.

The "Pilar of justice" has to fall in order for Deku to rebuild it from the ground up.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

^Agreed. Shigaraki has to pull off some massive wins. The entire country has to hit a deeper level of fear Kamino Ward fight brought. Thinking about it that way these are good times. No major LoV victories. Toshinori's still around. All For One is locked up.

I don't think Toshinori's living past freshman year. There's not much more he can teach Deku fighting wise. Gran Torino can take over just like after Nana died. If Hori really wants to go nuts he'll drop Toshinori's death, Hagakure's true intentions, and Government Guy's anti-hero plan all during freshman year.

NNID: jervinnectar

The crazy part is that we're only in term 2 (out of 3) of year 1 (out of 3).
    Only 6 months have passed since Izuku started at U.A., and it's taken us nearly 4 years of serialization to reach this point.
    So either years 2 and 3 of U.A. are going to be abbreviated to some extent, or we're in this for 20 more years. Buckle in.

We are in for the long run anyway, cause no sane person would end a hit manga like that anytime soon.

Oh this also reminds me. We still don't know who the number 2 Hero is since All Might retired.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    The crazy part is that we're only in term 2 (out of 3) of year 1 (out of 3).
    Only 6 months have passed since Izuku started at U.A., and it's taken us nearly 4 years of serialization to reach this point.
    So either years 2 and 3 of U.A. are going to be abbreviated to some extent, or we're in this for 20 more years. Buckle in.
    Oh my god, I hope we get to skip the later years. I just can't imagine reading another manga for such a long time.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Considering how much an afterthougth the current 2th years are, meaning, those who would be the "senpais" next year, I don't think that it is planned to go on like that.

Granted, I'm very wrong already because Mirio and co weren't featured at all until they became relevant, but I'm willing to take that risk.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Maybe My Hero Academia evolves into My Hero Life.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Considering how much an afterthougth the current 2th years are, meaning, those who would be the "senpais" next year, I don't think that it is planned to go on like that.

Granted, I'm very wrong already because Mirio and co weren't featured at all until they became relevant, but I'm willing to take that risk.
    I can just imagine the author introducing new older students and giving an excuse like they were on some Student exchange program or something.

Sort of like how Buffy's sister just appeared out of nowhere after 5 seasons.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Or they could literally do it the way it worked with Michelle Trachtenberg on Buffy and just say that somebody's Quirk magically inserted this fully-formed character into reality and altered everyone's memories to convince them the new person was always there.
    Or that!

Ideally a side effect of this would be erasing Mineta from existence and nobody remembers/speaks of him ever again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information