+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Weather Thread

Default 2018 Weather Thread

I've not seen a weather thread started yet for 2018. It's taken about 4 months for me to get annoyed enough that I want to complain about the weather so here it is! XD

Frankly I'm getting tired of winter. It's April 18, shouldn't it be spring by now?! Right now there is about 2 1/2 inches that's fallen today ... TODAY. That's not the total accumulation. Although I have to admit the pervious snow had almost melted, there was some still there.

And
    Its
    Still
    Snowing!!!!

... I as so tempted to title this I hate Snow!
    I wish I resisted the spoils, the butthurt is making my eyes roll so hard, I now have nausea.

Default Re: 2018 Weather Thread

Fellow Wisconsinite .... pretty sure I've gotten at least 6in so far. Getting ridiculous

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

It was 90 degrees today.

I got two feet a few weeks ago.

At least we got some good ice cream out of it.

It snowed here a couple of weeks ago and I was so happy. I graduate in a couple of weeks and still had never seen any snow on campus while I was here (both years it happened only during winter break, while I was away). The fact that it took until April of the year I graduated to see snow on campus was...sad to say the least, but I'll gladly take it. I hate Spring. Any thing to keep the heat, bugs, and severe thunderstorms at bay I will take.

The ridiculous thing is all that happened was a light dusting (if we could even call it that, it only accumulated slightly in spots), yet people were whining about it, reposting things on FB that were obviously created by people in the Northeast who actually have winters and are actually dealing with winter not being able to go away. Meanwhile around here, it snowed a little bit, melted, and then got back up into the 70s in no time. Yet people were still whining as if Spring hasn't come and isn't ever coming. I mean, geez. So pathetic.

Hype Specimen Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

It's been everything from the mid 30s to the mid 80s within the past week, but very little in between. So one day we will probably start getting consistently hot temperatures with no spring at all to speak of.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Fellow Wisconsinite .... pretty sure I've gotten at least 6in so far. Getting ridiculous
    What's this? A fellow Wisconsinite here in AP? I finally found one!! lol
    What area of Wisconsin are you in? I'm in Madison. So usually I get the mild weather of Wisconsin, not the really freezing of the north or lake snow effect of the east. Though we do get the top of those central plains storms that stretch from Texas all the way up to S. Wisconsin. At least they are not the violent storms that happen in the South though. I was here about 3 years before I realized why the springs were so different up here. hehe, very few of those vicious Thunderstorms that E. Texas gets.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    It was 90 degrees today.
    YOU! Shut up and quit bragging! j/k I don't want it THAT hot. Lol I forgot where you were and was about to ask if you were in Florida or Arizona. Of course it would be Arizona... stupid desert heat. I've been there once, only once. It was in February that I visited Benson, just outside of Tuscon. It got so freaking hot I got a heat-related migraine. Id get those back in Texas... but during the summer not in late winter!

Pretty countryside, but hot
    I wish I resisted the spoils, the butthurt is making my eyes roll so hard, I now have nausea.

Well good news, warmer temps are finally here in Madison ... took forever. But wow... seems it jumped from the 30s to the mid-60s with very little to no in-between temps. It wasn't even a week ago I was complaining about it still being so cold that it was still snowing.
    The change in temp is so extreme (nearly 30 degree difference) that I'm having trouble telling my body "no, its not too hot, its mildly warm" ... I'm just happy that these 60s (f) degree temps are going to last for next 10 day, no dipping back down to freezing temps or jumping to it being too hot.

Whoho! Spring has finally arrived!

huh, no wonder I was whining about the cold. Turns out that April set a new record here
    Iowa and Wisconsin Record Coldest April in 124 Years

Add this here since I don't see a thread for natural disasters ... and yeah such things could affect weather ...sooo..

Anyone here in Hawaii?
    I've been casually following the current eruptions of Kilauea and the multitude of fissures that's has formed.

Hawaii Volcano Eruption Update - Friday Morning (May 18, 2018)

Lava is advancing towards the Puna Geothermal Venture and its causing some worries of what will happen if lava hits some tanks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Now for a lighter topic....

Talk about draining the swamp!
    Seems Mother Nature is fed up with this admin as well=

There’s a sinkhole on the White House lawn. And it’s growing.

The pit in the ground, which was first reported by White House correspondents on site this week, appears to have opened just outside the press briefing room and deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley’s office.

Aww darn, I was thinking how apt it was if was under Pruitt's window, but then any of this admin will do. I love some of the tweets shown in the article.

An actual, literal sinkhole has opened on the White House lawn outside the briefing room on the north side. Even the earth is trolling Trump and I'm here for it
    Even Dictionary.com has a tweet about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
    Sinkhole: A hole formed in soluble rock by the action of water.

Also a sinkhole: A place into which foul matter runs.http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sinkhole

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/998959156953575425
    Forbes [/URL]have joked that sinkholes are following TRump around. In the article mentioning the White House sinkhole, it mentions, and links to an article, of a sinkhole appearing in front of Mar-a-Largo a year ago.
    I wonder if Mother Nature will open one under Trump Tower next year? .... wait it already had the fire this year right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information