+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

Full synchro has been achieved! Mods have increased brainpower for the next 24 hours!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing.

Even if I believe SUDK is working alone he still ahs the damn jail ability.

I would be fine with killing him and if he flips town I would kill Nectar.

As for Woody, if SUDK flips mafia, should I kill him? Or do I hold my shoot for the night?
    I agree. Now can someone please hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Trying to read up now, but I’m stuck on mobile so a response might not be as detailed as I’d like. For now I’ll at least extend it as to not run out of time.

Vote: Time Extension
    If SUDK flips Town, I die Tonight. No one else is voting Space Today. Let's get this over with.

NNID: jervinnectar

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

You know what. If Space were mafia and SUDK town he’d have hammered by now. Let’s do it. Barring a Nectar/Faith team this seams safe.

Unvote

Vote Lynch: SUDK

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to achieve a majority.

SUDK (2): Nectar, BellisarioFaith, Wooden_Giraffe

Not Voting (2): SUDK, SpaceCowboy

Lynch has been achieved and the day is now over. Please stand by for the official write-up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

With Nectar's accusation dominating the day, all eyes turned to the formerly trusted SUDK. Debate once again went long into the night, with hesitation, confusion, and frustration bubbling up, until Wooden_Giraffe has had enough. With a quick movement, he grabs a pitchfork and swiftly stabs SUDK. The Aussie keels over, blood pouring out, staring up with disbelief until the light fades from SUDK's eyes.

A blood-stained note tumbles out of his pocket. It reads:

"Welcome! You are a Town Jailer.

Night Ability: As a Jailer you have the responsible role of taking a player into your custody and ensuring that they are not involved in any unseemly activities. Your prisoner will not be able to perform any night actions, but they will also be immune to any night actions performed on them. Upon activation of your ability, you and your target will be given a Quicktopic to discuss in for that night. Unlimited charges."

Feeling quite bitter and highly untrusting of one another, the remnants of the Town retire for the night.

Day 5 has ended and Night 5 has begun.

Send in your night actions in the next 24 hours.

It's quieter than ever this morning, but it certainly wasn't last night. You all distinctly remember hearing two loud gunshots split the night, so it comes as both surprise to any of you to find the body of Wooden_Giraffe lying dead on the road.

As expected, there's a note on the body. It reads:

"Welcome! You are a Town Psychologist.

Night Ability: You may investigate a player each night and discern whether that player has an active killing ability. You receive a negative result on those that have no active killing ability and a positive result on those that can choose to perform a kill."

The three of you stand around the body, unwilling to take your eyes off one another. This could very well be the final day in the dome.

Night 5 has ended and Day 6 has begun.

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 to achieve a majority.

Not Voting (3): BellisarioFaith, Nectar, SpaceCowboy

You have 48 hours, or until 10 pm Saturday ET.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't have time to stick around right now, but for the record--as is probably obvious to all--Space visited Wooden. Which I would have thought would be a solid idea, but clearly, what do I know at this point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hidden:

I wasn't killed, that's surprising. Got a guilty on Wooden, so yeah I'm Insane. Sorry SUDK.

One more death and the game is over. Faith doesn't have a killing ability according to Wooden and neither do I.

Vote Lynch: Space

SpaceCowboy (1): Nectar

Not Voting (2): BellisarioFaith, SpaceCowboy

47 hours.

Okay. We have an Insane Cop. In a game with a Miller. Lovely. Wonderful.

I'd be a lot more annoyed about that...if it weren't for the fact that, at this point, I'm legitimately, honestly convinced that we just don't have a Mafia. Because now that we know that Wooden was telling the truth (sorry, Wooden), and that there can't be a Mafia pair, Nectar can't be Maf...and technically Space could be, but there are too many things that don't add up right, either, with him being Mafia. I still want to lynch Space over Nectar just in case, since there's actual proof Nectar isn't the killer--and that I'm not--while we don't have that with Space, but I'm really more expecting Space to flip Town than Mafia.

But really, Femme dying N1 is literally the only reason we haven't been seriously entertaining the idea that there is no Mafia. Even though, other than that, the facts all fit for there to not be any bad guys in this game (except, well, Femme, haha). The weird win condition...the fact that there are major logic holes in the idea of any of us being Mafia...the high number of Town killers and a role that can find those with killing abilities like the Psychologist...the fact that maybe there's an Insane Cop in a game with a Miller, rather than a Sane one, because there's no perp to find in the first place....I still don't know why Femme would suicide herself, or what happened with that, but somehow that still makes more sense to me than any of us left being Mafia.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I really like this twist, if it really is true. I barely even played this game in the first place and only did it as a favor to Jabs, and have regretted it almost since beginning, spent many hours during my busiest week of work in the entire year working hard to post and actually contribute so I didn't let the team down and could help solve the mystery (even when I definitely should have been resting or doing more relaxing activities that I outright enjoy, rather than have a love-hate relationship with like this, haha), legit stressed about this numerous times and literally lost sleep over it once or twice because I woke up thinking about it and trying to solve it, and have been like "Oh my god, would someone please just kill me so I don't have to keep playing" pretty much every Night...only for it to turn out that we literally had the game won since Day 2? It's like a bad joke, or an engaging one that has a kind of shitty punchline that almost wraps back around into being hilarious with how shitty it is. And I feel pretty resentful at having wasted so much of my time on it. But at least now it's about over, and I finally don't feel stressed about it knowing that.

Space, I'm really sorry to just lynch you like this without giving you a chance to talk, but I honestly just can't deal with this game anymore and it needs to end, haha. And I feel pretty sure, based on all of the above, that this is going going to work out just fine for us. So, apologies, and don't be too mad, haha.

Vote Lynch: SpaceCowboy

Also, I've gotten Jabs to agree to just end the Night once Nectar and I officially submit to use our abilities on each other. So we won't have to wait a full 24 hours to vote and end this game (or have it ended if I'm somehow wrong at this point and Nectar really is Mafia, though that makes no sense, lulz).
    Hidden:

SpaceCowboy (2): Nectar, BellisaroFaith

Not Voting (1): SpaceCowboy

Lynch has been achieved and the day is over.

It doesn't take long, standing over Wooden's body, for things to develop quickly. Nectar and Faith exchange glances and move as one to eliminate SpaceCowboy.

With Space eliminated, you search his pockets for the anticipated note. It reads:

"Welcome! You are a
    Town Vigilante.

Night Ability: You've got something deadly in your possession! Using this weapon, you can choose to try and kill whichever players seem most suspicious to you, one per night. There is no limit to the number of nights you may use this action."

Well that wasn't very helpful. But neither of you immediately kills each other, so decide to head back to bed to catch up on all that sleep you've missed.

Day 6 is over and Night 6 has begun.

You have 24 hours to submit your night actions, though due to your limited options the night will conclude shortly after both of you submit your actions. See you soon!

You're both alive come the next morning, which may or may not be a surprise. Tired, frustrated, and sick of all this bloodshed, you walk to the edge of town to face the monitor. What will you do? Is one of you still secretly scummy?

Night 6 has ended and Day 7 has begun.

With just two people remaining, any decision must be unanimous to pass.

Not voting (2): Nectar, BellisarioFaith

You have 48 hours to play cards or something. Go Fish?

"Is one of you still secretly scummy?" Doubtful.

To everyone's great surprise, Faith visits Nectar during the Night, and Nectar visits Faith.

Vote: End Game in Favor of the Town

FOR NARNIA!
    Hidden:

And, one more guilty report for the road. I think there's a life lesson in here somewhere. Something about not letting Serial Killers get between friends or not all Bus Drivers are evil. Anyway…

Vote: End Game

The screen in front of you clicks on.

"Congratulations, you two! You've safely navigated this deaaadly challenge and I'm sure you're much stronger for it. And because you two have won, the whole Town technically wins! Of course, the rest of them are all dead and you did both participate in every single lynch. Let that be a lesson to the kids at home- when in doubt, lynch everyone!

I suppose you two doves are free to go now. Thank you so very, very much for participating in our little study. It's been so... enlightening watching you all forge strong, very temporary friendships before methodically deciding to kill each other. But hey, someone else killed Woody, so that's something! You're only 5 for 6 on causing deaths.

Well, off you go now, but be sure to tune in next season for another exciiiiting installment of Monowok's Murderpiece Theatre! Bye bye!"

A door in the wall slides open and the game is officially over.

Nah, we're 5 for 7. You guys killed Femme, or she killed herself.
    Hidden:

And here's the Graveyard thread for anyone who hasn't checked it out: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/SA2BPcJAEn4

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Nah, we're 5 for 7. You guys killed Femme, or she killed herself.
    Well, which is it? Or was she never dead at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Femme
    I summon thee

But, yeah. I already said most of my thoughts on this previously, haha.

I think I get what you guys were trying to go for here with the moral of the story, but just sayin', I think you should have started the game with a Night phase, like Night 0 or something, and had Femme die at the end of that. If she felt less like she was an actual player by dying without really participating in the game , we might have been able to figure out sooner that none of us killed her. Having to just expect to figure out that "She wasn't actually killed by any players because there is no Mafia in this game called 'Mafia', she died because she was forced to self-target by the rules of the game"...isn't really something intuitive at all, haha.
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; June 15th, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Hidden:

The Mafia was always there, in our hearts.
    *arrests Faith on five counts of murder*

Wow, okay.

So I've been following the game pretty closely, and I have to say for the first few days, I was actually regretting not playing. It seemed pretty active and fun. Something I haven't felt for a few games now, so congrats to you all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Also, DARN YOU! DARN YOU TO THE BOWELS OF FOOLIO'S BASEMENT FOR TAKING MY TARGETS!
    You're the best, Nectar. I am pledging here and now that I'll sign up for the next game if you do too.

All that said, I have to say this was a pretty messed up setup. A mafia game with no mafia, and lying to the players (since the entire game ended up hinging on who killed Femme), is not okay. It's the very definition of a Bastard Game, and that's without even considering the other roles involved in the setup (notably, Insane Cop + Miller with a small player total).

I also feel like the mods did not have a proper understanding of night action resolution and reporting. But hey, I guess it doesn't matter when the whole premise is just to fuck with the town for amusement. There are no winners; it's pointless. I think that's especially cruel when we've been having a lot of trouble lately finding players, not only to sign up but also to be active in games. This type of "experiment" isn't going to do anything to encourage signing up for future games, which is something we desperately need. At least that's my feeling. Maybe that's not how the actual players felt.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    And, one more guilty report for the road. I think there's a life lesson in here somewhere. Something about not letting Serial Killers get between friends or not all Bus Drivers are evil. Anyway…

Vote: End Game
    Nah, we're pretty much all evil and terrible people. We want passengers to be late on purpose

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information