+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 381

Thread: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

  1. #81

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    I must ask yet another noob question: we can take the note at face value, right? There's no way somebody could put that there to deceive us about Femme's role?
    Jabberwok should answer, but narrative stuff like role reveals from the host is always true.

    Vote Lynch: Wooden Giraffe Where's your "report"? I'm going after anyone who doesn't give one. Especially when its early in the Day.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  2. #82
    Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Where's north from here?

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok
    This murder is an act of fate and cannot be stopped in any way until you yourself are killed.
    Does this mean that by killing her you’d stop her kill action for that same night?

    Oh and I got no report, BellisarioFaith and Shuhan.

  3. #83

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    I must ask yet another noob question: we can take the note at face value, right? There's no way somebody could put that there to deceive us about Femme's role?
    There could be a Mafia role that deceives the town on who they decided to kill that night. They'd pick the role of the deceased person to "frame" them, and the mod message would be false as a result.

    Also, I have nothing to report on my target(s). Nectar and SUDK.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  4. #84
    Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Where's north from here?

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar
    Vote Lynch: Wooden Giraffe Where's your "report"? I'm going after anyone who doesn't give one. Especially when its early in the Day.
    Hasty hasty. I never actually agreed to that strategy :P
    But in all seriousnous I just forgot until you posted yours.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Does this mean that by killing her you’d stop her kill action for that same night?
    No, that was just a lapse in phrasing. Femme had one unblockable kill per night; killing her would not negate a kill she made on that night.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  6. #86

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Night 1 is easily the best time for the serial killer to get away with murder. With investigative roles around, the chance of them picking Femme is a 12.5% chance, at random. The odds get higher the more days that pass, and we haven't exactly done much talking overall for anybody to have a solid opinion on a player to say that they "have to investigate" them. Unless somebody is taking previous game meta into account, of course...

    So, I kind of find it hard to believe that she wouldn't try to kill anybody on the night of best chance. Especially with it being unblockable and letting her knock out another player on the list towards her win condition.

    But then again, the only explanation for that is a falsified role reveal ability. We're in a game where the town trusting each other is more important than normal, so I could see something sadistic like that being in here.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  7. #87
    The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere or other

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Report #1: Watched SUDK. No result.
    Report #2: Tracked Galaxy. No result.

    Wow. That's an interesting flip. Especially considering that the description says that Femme's kill cannot be stopped in any way, yet she's the only person who died.

    Actually, based on the "vote to end the game" setup, my best guess is that she really didn't try to kill anyone last night. Maybe she didn't want to let on just yet--or at all--that there's more than one party that can kill. In that case, if she helped us scum-hunt and we managed to catch multiple Mafia by day (enough to convince us that we had gotten them all), we'd be far more convinced they were the only bad guys in the game since we'd seen no signs of there being any others, and vote to end the game, and she would win. Still very risky, though, since it relied on her not getting lynched by Day or killed by Night, with a role where, unlike us (where everyone on the Town side still wins even if we die, and that's the same for the Mafia too even if one of them dies), her death simply means that she loses and that's it. Guess that strategy ended up very quickly not paying off for her. But still, pretty clever idea with the way things are set up, since it probably would have given her a better chance of winning than she may have had if we knew to look for her in addition to the Mafia.

    I'm also curious about the "No result" wording of these reports. They've been that same wording from everyone who's given them: Nectar, Wooden, and myself. Galaxy and No Swords, where are yours?

    I'm in a hurry right now, but I'll check back in a few hours.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Er, oops, my bad. Wooden said "No report" instead of "no result".

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    And Galaxy did post one. Goddammit, guys, I'm really sorry. I wanted to squeeze something in before I left, so I read in way too much of a hurry. My sincerest apologies.
    Hidden:

  8. #88

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Unvote: Wooden Giraffe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    No, that was just a lapse in phrasing. Femme had one unblockable kill per night; killing her would not negate a kill she made on that night.
    Safe to assume Femme was playing the long game. Letting the everyone think there's only Mafia then swooping in for the win.

    Someone else should have Femme as one of their targets. If not, then either someone is lying or I am. The longer you take to report the worse it'll look for you. Time to pick some minds.

    @Wooden & Galaxy: Why did you pick those two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Night 1 is easily the best time for the serial killer to get away with murder. With investigative roles around, the chance of them picking Femme is a 12.5% chance, at random. The odds get higher the more days that pass, and we haven't exactly done much talking overall for anybody to have a solid opinion on a player to say that they "have to investigate" them. Unless somebody is taking previous game meta into account, of course...

    So, I kind of find it hard to believe that she wouldn't try to kill anybody on the night of best chance. Especially with it being unblockable and letting her knock out another player on the list towards her win condition.

    But then again, the only explanation for that is a falsified role reveal ability. We're in a game where the town trusting each other is more important than normal, so I could see something sadistic like that being in here.
    Sounds to me you're trying to stir the pot. Having the Town constantly looking over their shoulder even more. There's no reason to focus on this unless you have nothing positive to contribute.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  9. #89
    Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    In every punch and kick

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Jabberwok should answer, but narrative stuff like role reveals from the host is always true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    There could be a Mafia role that deceives the town on who they decided to kill that night. They'd pick the role of the deceased person to "frame" them, and the mod message would be false as a result.
    Hmm. The thing that made me suspicious was the wording of the note being specifically found in Femme's pocket, as it could easily have been put there. But there's not much evidence to support or denounce that theory right now.

    Nothing to report on Nectar or BellisarioFaith.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Watched Faith and Galaxy. No result.

    This is a bizarre turn of events in many ways. Especially because we got no kills on her side.
    I kind of agree with Nectar when he said that she may be playing the long game, and not using her ability could make the Town think that there is only one threat/mafia as enemies so that we would fall into a state of false safety.

    At least this seems more viable to me than her role being falsified or something. While this isn't impossible, would it really do any good for the falsification to give her away as a third party instead of a mafia? It just seems like a weird mechanic.

    The third option is that she was busy and just couldn't send her action in time *shurg*


    @Galaxy: Why do you think a falsified report would break our conficence in one another? (Use Nectar's quote above me for reference)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Hmm. The thing that made me suspicious was the wording of the note being specifically found in Femme's pocket, as it could easily have been put there. But there's not much evidence to support or denounce that theory right now.

    Nothing to report on Nectar or BellisarioFaith.
    I think that's just flavour text. Usually the mods don't tip off stuff like that on the texts.

  11. #91
    Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    In every punch and kick

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    This is a bizarre turn of events in many ways. Especially because we got no kills on her side.
    I kind of agree with Nectar when he said that she may be playing the long game, and not using her ability could make the Town think that there is only one threat/mafia as enemies so that we would fall into a state of false safety.

    I think that's just flavour text. Usually the mods don't tip off stuff like that on the texts.
    Ah, gotcha. That's reassuring.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Let's get a dialogue going.

    @Everyone
    Please tell me why you specifically choose the two people to investigate? And who do you suspect today and why?

    My answer: I choose active players and suspect Galaxy for possibly leading the Town down a wild goose chase.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  13. #93

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post

    Galaxy: Why did you pick those two?
    You: The most active face of the town.

    SUDK: The least active face of the town (and has only posted once at this point). I'm guilty of the same, somewhat, but I can't pick myself.


    Sounds to me you're trying to stir the pot. Having the Town constantly looking over their shoulder even more. There's no reason to focus on this unless you have nothing positive to contribute.
    I am offering food for thought. My post was not meant to be taken as trying to make the town tear each other apart.

    You didn't reply to the other portion though, so how about doing that, too?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post




    @Galaxy: Why do you think a falsified report would break our conficence in one another? (Use Nectar's quote above me for reference)
    It's not about breaking confidence. That happens naturally with discussion.

    It's about us trusting each other too much at the end of the game, because the falsified reports reveal that 2-3 people of the enemy faction have died and there's "no way" there could be more.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  14. #94

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to achieve a majority.

    Wooden_Giraffe (1): Nectar

    Not Voting (7): SUDK, SpaceCowboy, Shuhan, Galaxy 9000, BellisarioFaith, Wooden_Giraffe, No swords style best style

    Approximately 45 hours left in the day.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  15. #95

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Shuhan and SUDK are the only ones left to report.
    So far I'm the only one saying Femme is my target, as expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    You didn't reply to the other portion though, so how about doing that, too?
    What question?
    By the way, If there's less than 12 hours left in the Day, do you think we should lynch Shuhan or SUDK if one of them doesn't show up?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to achieve a majority.

    Wooden_Giraffe (1): Nectar

    Not Voting (7): SUDK, SpaceCowboy, Shuhan, Galaxy 9000, BellisarioFaith, Wooden_Giraffe, No swords style best style

    Approximately 45 hours left in the day.
    I unvoted Wooden earlier.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  16. #96

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I unvoted Wooden earlier.
    My bad, it was tucked in between other forum-bolded text. Still getting the hang of this mod thing.

    With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to achieve a majority.

    Not Voting (8): SUDK, SpaceCowboy, Shuhan, Galaxy 9000, BellisarioFaith, Wooden_Giraffe, No swords style best style, Nectar

    44 hours left in the day.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  17. #97

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    It's still very early in the day. Showing up a few hours in is fine.

    I targeted Nectar and Faith. Nectar because he was the most active person on D1, Faith for no real reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar
    Someone else should have Femme as one of their targets. If not, then either someone is lying or I am
    Unless we have a lot of power roles, aren't most of us going to be lying?

    @Jabberwok: Femme's kill was unblockable? Does that mean that nothing could've stop her target from dying? I'm referring here to Doctors and Roleblockers.

  18. #98
    WRRRRRYYYYYYY????!!!! Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Watched Nectar, no result.
    Watched Wooden, No result.

    Nectar for obvious reasons, it's Nectar! But seriously, you are the most active so far in town, so I wanted to make sure we could trust you.
    Wooden for no particular reason.

    At work atm, but should be semi active tonight since I have a comp at work tonight.

    "I am the wings of despair. I am the breath of ruin. I am the fell dragon, Grima. Pay me the respect I am due, and I promise you a painless death."

  19. #99

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    Unless we have a lot of power roles, aren't most of us going to be lying?
    Yep. And that could lead to a slip-up. Someone lied about not targeting Femme. My guess is someone who picked me or Faith. We each got named four times. I'm assuming that means we're the most suspicious here.

    @Galaxy Do you think Faith or I should be lynched today?

    @No Swords If you had a night power do you think you'd know how to use it properly?

    @SpaceCowboy Should we lynch one of your targets and why?

    @SUDK Do you agree targeting me and Faith (two easy picks) seems scummy? Would you like to ask either of us a question?

    @Shuhan Seems like we're gonna have another slow Day. Should we lynch the least active player?

    @Faith Please tell me your biggest suspect so far and why?

    @Wooden When and if should we have a mass claim? Do you think at least one Mafia member is lurking/semi-lurking?

    NNID: jervinnectar

  20. #100

    Default Re: Mafia 58: Civilization and its Discontents

    I don't see targeting either of you as scummy, no. I imagine most people with roles would have targeted you specifically, doctors for protection and detectives for results.
    I don't know what constitutes 'easy pick', or what makes Faith one, but I'm not sure why she got as many targeters as she did.

    Do you think you were actually targeted by anyone last night, Nectar?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts