+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Huh.

For some reason I wasn't quite feeling it. I got the same feeling I got whenever Mashima decided to introduce multiple members of a strong group in a single chapter, just to get it out of the way. I know I sound petty, but ut was really not much. Maybe it's because they weren't steadily built up, just dumped on us after showing some silhouettes once. Sure, it's understandable you can't just cover every aspect of the world in this format, and it shows here. Revolutionaries have been keept tightly under wraps for too long and I can't say the pay off got me hyped much.

I love what they look like, but I doesn't feel like they're army leaders to me.

Karasu totally looks like original Swain from LOL. I'd go with mythical zoan on this one. Doesn't fit into any other mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

No, not at all.ddd

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

Did Karasu fully transform into a crow? I didn't see it. I only saw him create a murder of crows and control them.
    Seems like Karasu is paramecia.

...unless zoans have a special class: swarm.
    Yatagarasu, the three legged crow? Not sure what abilities it originally had in mythology, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    this scene gave the chance to showcase both their personalities and abilities. Newly introduced characters tend to do better, at least for me, if they get a well-rounded introduction.
    It did, and I agree that full introductions are better than just a name box. I may not like it right now, but I do see that this is paving the road for future chapters where these characters will be relevant. The incident itself may even become relevant during the Reverie arc, for example be the spark of an upcoming revolution in this Lulusia kingdom we keep hearing about lately.
    However, the stakes here are so low that I can't help finding the whole situation laughable. This is really cheap hype compared to, say, the introduction of Jack who was first seen taking on an island's worth of top-notch new world warriors. This whole scene could have been so much more interesting if the commanders had been introduced during, say, a flashback of the Bartigo events. Instead the clash with Blackbeard is shoved under the carpet and we get...something else.

As for your attitude about the arc, I think taking a break and binge-reading the next few chapters might do you well.
    True. As I said last chapter, no matter how many times I read it the end of Tottland really left a bitter aftertaste and I'll probably have a hard time enjoying the story until I've made peace with that.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; May 11th, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

Moda from Ace's cover story is back of all people:

Also, Koala using a booster seat because she's too short, haha

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Katakuri's fruit isn't Logia...
    able
    He was originally intended as Logia but had to be changed to special paramecia since Mochi is not 自然系(Natural Type). But, has a reasonable explanation now as to why he is able to look and work like a Logia.

He can move and shape his body around, BUT if he doesn't he will get hit. All the times he got shot or sliced or punched through he simply changes the shape of his body in order to not get hit which can be done easily by him since he can see the future

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    For some reason I wasn't quite feeling it. I got the same feeling I got whenever Mashima decided to introduce multiple members of a strong group in a single chapter, just to get it out of the way. I know I sound petty, but ut was really not much. Maybe it's because they weren't steadily built up, just dumped on us after showing some silhouettes once. Sure, it's understandable you can't just cover every aspect of the world in this format, and it shows here. Revolutionaries have been keept tightly under wraps for too long and I can't say the pay off got me hyped much.
    Quoting this because it's pretty much the impression this chapter left me with, just better worded and with less negativity than my own take on it.

Also, @Artur, good catch on Moda. I'd even forgotten she existed

I feel like the commanders reveal it's the kind of thing that normally would've been condensed in half a chapter, but shorter chapters also happen so that's fine I guess.
    The loudspeaker gag was great. So the crow guy was already with Sabo at the end of Dressrosa, weird, but maybe it can be be explained since Dragon hadn't already called them or maybe because he already wanted to meet them at Kamabakka. I don't remember the time frame between the end of Dressrosa and Dragon mentioning the commanders so I'd have to reread that part. And we've yet to know the details of their supposed clash (?) with BB. Btw I don't know if it has already been said but it's very likely that the purpose of that whole plot thread is that BB stole a poneglyph / got a copy of it/them from the revos, or at least got some info about the WG or some ancient weapon.
    I thought the Revolutionaries were already fighting a war against the Celestial Dragons, but I guess it means that now they will attack them directly instead of just freeing the counties that are under their domain.

So that 52 million guy got taken out without a fight by peasants hitting him over the head with a stick?

To quote Smoker, if that guy was 50+ million where have the marines standards gone.

Those commanders....don't look that impressive.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Those commanders....don't look that impressive.
    As opposed to how tough for instance Marco looks.

Like a little Butters from South Park. Lots of strong folks in OP look goofy

What DF does Karasu have? Not even sure what type it is, but probably not logia. Making his body split into crows - that's weird.

I'll assume that the crows are still part of his body since his body disintegrated when he released them. In which case I think it can be pretty bad for his combat abilities, since inuring the crows would injure him directly. Either way it's one thing to change your form, but another to change into bunch of things at once. Literally becoming into a pack of crows.

I just want to say, Bello Betty Swaaaaaannn !!!
    Agree to Differ
    Some People Feel the Rain, Others just get wet
    Why so Serious?, Let's Put a Smile on that Face!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🅵🅰Ⓜ🅸🅽🅴?⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ uniaka ikuzakas's Avatar

Sanji is just Oda's alter ego, even trump has more respect for women. No wonder other mangas are still more popular then OP outside of japan.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; May 11th, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    What DF does Karasu have? Not even sure what type it is, but probably not logia. Making his body split into crows - that's weird.

I'll assume that the crows are still part of his body since his body disintegrated when he released them. In which case I think it can be pretty bad for his combat abilities, since inuring the crows would injure him directly. Either way it's one thing to change your form, but another to change into bunch of things at once. Literally becoming into a pack of crows.
    Maybe he is an awakened crow zoan type with different set of awakening

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    As opposed to how tough for instance Marco looks.

Like a little Butters from South Park. Lots of strong folks in OP look goofy
    Marco is a really weird comparison to make. He was pretty goofy looking in his first appearance, but by Marineford, I think his design is elegant as is, and really cool when he transforms. There's a reason he's still a fan favorite all these years later and it isn't his character. Guys like Moria, Kuma, Shiki, Weevil, Oven, or Daifuku seem to fit that pattern well enough, though. Otherwise, most of Oda's extremely strong characters are pretty badass. I think the strongest goofy-designed character has to be Sengoku and he's sort of a mix of goofy and cool.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Sanji is just Oda's alter ego, even trump has more respect for women. No wonder other mangas are still more popular then OP outside of japan.
    I don't think One Piece's lack of extreme success outside of Japan is due to its treatment of women, lol. I'd wager it's more about the other thing people are complaining about this chapter, that the designs of characters can be really strange, even to fans. What other manga has a largely important faction with a design motif that mixes Steampunk with The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I admit I liked this chapter more because I was dying to see the RA Commanders for so long now than because of its own merits. But screw it, I really enjoyed the chapter. I'm really digging the Commanders (sexy badass +30 lady? In. Okama? In. Gadget person? In). I just don't like how their abilities seem to overlap with the others on the group (Belo Betty's encouragement ability seems like something out of Ivankov's hormones, on a much bigger scale but limited to a single type of "hormone", while Morley's ability to turn the ground into clay and mold it strongly resembled Inazuma's Choki Choki).

Curious about Inazuma and Koala getting a chair on the table along with Iva, Dragon, Sabo and the 4 Army Commanders... I thought they were ranked below the others, but maybe not. Hack, Bunny Joe, etc. are not getting a seat there, so it's not like everyone is allowed.

Also, I liked how Belo Betty's actions support what Ivankov said back in ID about not acting as a miracle worker for people who will not stand by themselves. The Revolutionary Army seem to reject the idea of acting as heroes and saving others, they want the people to realize their own power and act on it instead of looking at them as their saviors (something that would ultimately lead to the RA governing and protecting them and just becoming a second WG+Marine).

And unlike people thought based on the spoilers, the 4 Army Commanders were not sent to Lulucia to deal with Pinkbeard, they just happened to stumble there on their way to Kamabakka (I love it is the new RA base, btw). I wonder why they were together to begin with, though.

That said, wow, that Moda girl is dumb. Girl, you so dumb! "Don't attack us, we are so poor, the only thing of value we have is the MYSTICAL GOLDEN TREASUUUURE we provide to our king Y.Y". At least the girl is just equally strong, did she just knocked out a 52,000,000 bounty with a stick? Wow.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; May 11th, 2018 at 03:31 AM.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🅵🅰Ⓜ🅸🅽🅴?⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ uniaka ikuzakas's Avatar

So did Morley eat pica's fruit? Or is that the combination between pica's fruit and seqnor pink's fruit?

yeh, I agree with those who've had the Mashima feeling.
    Oda just dumped 4new and important characters on us, just like that. AND he showed all of their abilities even though Belo Betty could have taken care of all of them I guess.

I'd say that Karasu is an awakened logia. not a "special logia'. Anyway, when I saw that guy I thought he was one of Kaido's calamities

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    I expected the revo tu have more than just 4 commanders....

For the designs,the girl is generic oda girl, the giant is the child of hajrudjn and machvise, the mouse guy is the most atypical, while crow guy is a bit generic too.
    Well, I'd disagree and say Karasu looks original and Lindbergh is generic

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Marco is a really weird comparison to make. He was pretty goofy looking in his first appearance, but by Marineford, I think his design is elegant as is, and really cool when he transforms. There's a reason he's still a fan favorite all these years later and it isn't his character. Guys like Moria, Kuma, Shiki, Weevil, Oven, or Daifuku seem to fit that pattern well enough, though. Otherwise, most of Oda's extremely strong characters are pretty badass. I think the strongest goofy-designed character has to be Sengoku and he's sort of a mix of goofy and cool.
    He literally looks like a grown up Butters though.

He is and will remain my go to for don't judge a book by it's goofy cover character.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    At least the girl is just equally strong, did she just knocked out a 52,000,000 bounty with a stick? Wow.
    Makes you wonder how much of a boost that rallying fruit is supposed to give a person. If a normal person can, under it's influence, take down a that high bounty head in one blow then could you rally like Jozu or any other physical powerhouse to just devestate Kaido? Like you want to know the upper limit, where does the fruits ability to empower a person cap off. Could be crazy crazy powerful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information