+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    He literally looks like a grown up Butters though.

He is and will remain my go to for don't judge a book by it's goofy cover character.
    Marco? But it's just the hair, not full design, he looks normal outside of hair. And he is a Phoenix bird, so he gets special pass because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

Seems to me neither. HE didn't transform into rock like Pika, nor is he swimming through the ground like Senor Pink. Looks more like a tunneling fruit. One does exist, as Iva mentioned it waaaaay back in Impel Down, a previous DF user used it to create lv 5.5 "a long time ago" with a tunneling df.

But did ivankov talk about that guy like he knows him? I think he would have mentioned my friend and fellow revo guy that has the tunneling fruit?

Went back to look at all the panels showing Karasu. He never changes, it looks like crows form from the coat around him. There's one panel it looks like he's 'dissolving' into crows but looking again its just a matter of perspective
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So did Morley eat pica's fruit? Or is that the combination between pica's fruit and seqnor pink's fruit?
    Seems to me neither. HE didn't transform into rock like Pika, nor is he swimming through the ground like Senor Pink. Looks more like a tunneling fruit. One does exist, as Iva mentioned it waaaaay back in Impel Down, a previous DF user used it to create lv 5.5 "a long time ago" with a tunneling df.
    I wish I resisted the spoils, the butthurt is making my eyes roll so hard, I now have nausea.

I think with time people get used to some designs and don't realize what those characters really look like. It's not just Marco, but also Shanks, Teach, even Luffy, all of them look like complete background fodder characters. Damn, Roger is probably the biggest offender and he is the Pirate King. Even Big Mom, despite an interesting design, gives zero "strong character".
    Of all the big named pirates, Kaido and the late WB are the only ones that look properly badass in the way we are used to, you look at them and you know they are strong. But all the others? You wouldn't even bother looking at them in any other manga... and that's one of the best things about One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Belo Betty could have taken care of all of them I guess.
    Except the whole idea here was the RA not taking care of anyone. They only provided support, the ones doing the actual fight and taking the pirates were the citizens. Their intention is not for people to depend on them to be protected in the place of the Marines, to be ruled by them in the place of their kings, but to rally people by providing motivation/means/support so the people can trust their own power.

Marco? But it's just the hair, not full design, he looks normal outside of hair. And he is a Phoenix bird, so he gets special pass because of that.

This was the first time in One Piece that we've seen the trope of unintentionally falling with your hands on the beautie's breasts. But hey, it was Moda from Ace's cover collection, not the main protagonist from your favorite shonen, so that's better, I guess. At the other side of the grabbing was Belo Betty, whose charisma I liked, whose design I liked, whose powers are hilariously genius to her job. I also liked all the four revolutionary executives, with the exception of Morley, not because of his design (which I think it's well done), but because of his comic relif that is just like a thousand others from One Piece.

The Revolutionaries... why the hat? Are the executives Sabo's fanboys? Btw, it's funny how the group responsible for saving the world looks like a bunch of hardcore crazy criminals, much like you'd expect from Oda and revolutionaries. I enjoyed their attitude of both empathy and complacency towards the citzens. Talking about the people, Lulusia Kingdom is the kingdom of that aggressive princess kidnapped last chapter and their king is one of the characters which had a line in the flashback of the Reverie from 8 years ago... ironically, he's that man holding Dragon's picture: https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/142/6

A war declaration, huh? That escalated quickly, lol... I'll admit that I wasn't excepting the revolutionaries in the Reverie even though it's a politically charged arc. It sounds crazy, but let's see, let's see. Good chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

Except the whole idea here was the RA not taking care of anyone. They only provided support, the ones doing the actual fight and taking the pirates were the citizens. Their intention is not for people to depend on them to be protected in the place of the Marines, to be ruled by them in the place of their kings, but to rally people by providing motivation/means/support so the people can trust their own power.
    Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Belo Betty could have done the stuff on her own. She's the one who gave them the power of the mojo after all

I will never again be able to look at Marco the same way xD
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Huh.

For some reason I wasn't quite feeling it. I got the same feeling I got whenever Mashima decided to introduce multiple members of a strong group in a single chapter, just to get it out of the way. I know I sound petty, but ut was really not much. Maybe it's because they weren't steadily built up, just dumped on us after showing some silhouettes once. Sure, it's understandable you can't just cover every aspect of the world in this format, and it shows here. Revolutionaries have been keept tightly under wraps for too long and I can't say the pay off got me hyped much.
    I think mostrar Shonen Aventure Manga does that.

Spoiler:

Went back to look at all the panels showing Karasu. He never changes, it looks like crows form from the coat around him. There's one panel it looks like he's 'dissolving' into crows but looking again its just a matter of perspective
    It is not a matter of perspective, he is dissolving into crows. You can see it here and here (the panel with his name) as well.

Sanji is just Oda's alter ego, even trump has more respect for women.
    You mean the only man in OP that would not lay a finger to hit a woman os worse than Trump?

Spoiler:

I really hate Belo Betty's chara-design and personality. She is just a SJW. The kind of person who would wear an Anonymous mask.
    Morley is the cliché of the fat and dumb guy.

Lindbergh is your stereotypical eccentric who crafts stuff.
    Karasu looks like he has been taken out of Dorohedoro. I guess he's the only charismatic character in the revolutionary army. Too bad, I had high expectations on them.
    I'm saying he's awakened because he's abel to control/send crows from very very very far
    https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/794/15

And he's obviously the guy who delivers information between Revolutionaries as we saw many times through the crows

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    The Revolutionaries... why the hat? Are the executives Sabo's fanboys?
    Sabo is the chief of staff, he almost definitely has the authority to decide the RA's uniforms. He just thinks hats and goggles look cool.

because logias are element/force of nature based, the person turns into that element/force and can create unlimited amount of the element and control it.
    Zoans are animal based, transforming into a form but cannot control others of that type. One may turn into a dog, but can't control dogs.
    And paramecia are random effects that can be anything excluding fully transforming into an animal or element/fore of nature.

Did Karasu fully transform into a crow? I didn't see it. I only saw him create a murder of crows and control them.
    Seems like Karasu is paramecia.

...unless zoans have a special class: swarm.[/QUOTE]
    I'm aware of the "must be nature stuff" reason for Mochi Mochi Fruit not being Logia, but I still think that it's function is so similar to one that it might as well be Logia.

I think he just has a softening fruit that allows him to turn solids into semi-solids or something like that.

Thing is we haven't seen Onigumo turn fully into a spider. So maybe he is a zoan that never fully turned, finding the hybrid form more helpful. That's more likely than he has a paramecia that imitates zoan and lets him only partially transform akin to how Baby5 & Daz Bones have paramecia that imitates logia, allowing them to transform body parts into metal form (hers is superior to his)

But its still just a spider zoan, its not a 'special zoan: swarm' type that would allow him to burst into a dozen (or hundreds) of small spiders then reform his body.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

because logias are element/force of nature based, the person turns into that element/force and can create unlimited amount of the element and control it.
    Zoans are animal based, transforming into a form but cannot control others of that type. One may turn into a dog, but can't control dogs.
    And paramecia are random effects that can be anything excluding fully transforming into an animal or element/fore of nature.

Did Karasu fully transform into a crow? I didn't see it. I only saw him create a murder of crows and control them.
    Seems like Karasu is paramecia.

...unless zoans have a special class: swarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    able
    He was originally intended as Logia but had to be changed to special paramecia since Mochi is not 自然系(Natural Type). But, has a reasonable explanation now as to why he is able to look and work like a Logia.

He can move and shape his body around, BUT if he doesn't he will get hit. All the times he got shot or sliced or punched through he simply changes the shape of his body in order to not get hit which can be done easily by him since he can see the future
    I'm aware of all those reasons, but I still think that it should just screw the rules and be a Logia anyway due to similar functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    It did, and I agree that full introductions are better than just a name box. I may not like it right now, but I do see that this is paving the road for future chapters where these characters will be relevant. The incident itself may even become relevant during the Reverie arc, for example be the spark of an upcoming revolution in this Lulusia kingdom we keep hearing about lately.
    However, the stakes here are so low that I can't help finding the whole situation laughable. This is really cheap hype compared to, say, the introduction of Jack who was first seen taking on an island's worth of top-notch new world warriors. This whole scene could have been so much more interesting if the commanders had been introduced during, say, a flashback of the Bartigo events. Instead the clash with Blackbeard is shoved under the carpet and we get...something else.
    I'm not in love with this chapter or anything, but if Oda was trying to create big stakes/big hype to give the revolutionaries a great feat to showcase their might, he could very well have given Pinkbeard a huge bounty instead of 50 million. But he didn't. Now we can understand that the intention of this scene is to highlight another aspect of them... that is, their relationship with people, afterall they are revolutionaries. It's not by coincidence that their action was to give strenght to the people to stand for themselves instead of just defeating the bad guy.

That's actually an interesting choice instead of "omg, they are so strong!".

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I think he just has a softening fruit that allows him to turn solids into semi-solids or something like that.
    Maybe his spear is the one that ate a softening fruit...

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I'm not in love with this chapter or anything, but if Oda was trying to create big stakes/big hype to give the revolutionaries a great feat to showcase their might, he could very well have given Pinkbeard a huge bounty instead of 50 million. But he didn't. Now we can understand that the intention of this scene is to highlight another aspect of them... that is, their relationship with people, afterall they are revolutionaries. It's not by coincidence that their action was to give strenght to the people to stand for themselves instead of just defeating the bad guy.

That's actually an interesting choice instead of "omg, they are so strong!".
    But it's not like it had to be either/or. He could have done both simultaneously. Did he do it to show they aren't much compared to emperor executives? Because 50 mil pirates have become fodder even before time skip.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I think mostrar Shonen Aventure Manga does that.
    Mostrar? "Most of" corrected?

It may be, but it reminded me of Fairy Tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    I'm aware of all those reasons, but I still think that it should just screw the rules and be a Logia anyway due to similar functions.
    Oda kinda has to stay consistent with his own internal rules.

Heck, without them, we probably wouldn't even have Logias in the first place.

Not blown away by their designs. I think it's a combination of raised expectations and similar clothing. Where's Hack? Hope he wasn't killed by Bluebeard.

NNID: jervinnectar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information