+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 533

Thread: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

  1. #81

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But it's not like it had to be either/or. He could have done both simultaneously. Did he do it to show they aren't much compared to emperor executives? Because 50 mil pirates have become fodder even before time skip.
    Betty gave the (literal) credit to the citizens.

    Otherwise, they would have done more than just taking away weapons and encouraging the citizens. Or do you think a guy with a freezing pistol or a dude that can turn into crows couldn't beat Pinkbeard?

  2. #82

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    I guess the point of the weak guy was to showcase how powerful their ability to rally common people are.

    Like a realisticlly weak enough dude that they could overpower with the help of her enhancement DF.

    Having a 52 million dude be one-shotted still feels akward tho when we've seen the shit they can usually go through

  3. #83

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post

    Having a 52 million dude be one-shotted still feels akward tho when we've seen the shit they can usually go through
    Yeah since you got 50 million mr 1 that was a Killin machine, or even 60 m zoro, 50 m bellamy was not that bad either. And he got 1 shot by...fodders. SO pinkbeard is like sub fodder level, but he does have more original design then all the 4 revos commanders. Does ''momo' on his belt stand for momonosuke? And is that a Phoenix on his hat?

  4. #84
    Discovered Stowaway Artur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Here

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Also, Belo Betty is based on the female revolutionary symbol Marianne, given how in the original painting her breasts are exposed (hence why Betty goes full commando, lol)

  5. #85
    Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Beijing

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Because it was. Apparently a lot of mangaka were really rushed because of Goldenweek. My hero academia actually had a bunch of unfinished panels.
    I just got back from Japan during Goldenweek, and yeah, mangaka are just people who want to spend a few days with their families. Next week or maybe after that should return to normal. Best part of the chapter is the revelation of a declaration of war and Belo Betty (Luffy's mom?) Leading the People. Crow was a nice revelation, as was the Revolutionary Army being headquartered in queerkama land.

  6. #86
    Discovered Stowaway SirCaesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rome

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Yeah since you got 50 million mr 1 that was a Killin machine, or even 60 m zoro, 50 m bellamy was not that bad either. And he got 1 shot by...fodders. SO pinkbeard is like sub fodder level, but he does have more original design then all the 4 revos commanders. Does ''momo' on his belt stand for momonosuke? And is that a Phoenix on his hat?
    This guy is shown to be a guy that serves under Blackbeard, and attacks a town only when the strong people defending it are gone. Not surprising that a coward managed to get a decent bounty, imagine a guy that goes around beating old men, planning in order to avoid any conflict with authorities.
    I think Oda did a great job here!

  7. #87

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    I liked the design, it just feels like a bit of an underwhelming introduction vs. a 50M bounty man (something we have not seen in ages). I expect the commanders of the RA to be monsters. Also, a short chapter. Also, I'm not sure where this is going and what they mean by "war to the Celestial Dragons". I'm assuming not much and that we won't see it anyway because I can't imagine the story steering aways from the main character for a year.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But it's not like it had to be either/or. He could have done both simultaneously. Did he do it to show they aren't much compared to emperor executives? Because 50 mil pirates have become fodder even before time skip.
    If the people were supposed to defeat the bad guys, it would be questionable to have a strong pirate in the other end of the battle.

    Regardless, how deserving would it feel to have this guy with a huge bounty just to be fodderized by the executives? It would be pretty much cheap and meaningless to the readers, basically fake hype. For now, it's better to focus on who the executives are instead of how powerful they are.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Oda kinda has to stay consistent with his own internal rules.

    Heck, without them, we probably wouldn't even have Logias in the first place.
    Thinking about it, BB's Dark Dark Fruit strikes me more as being Paramecia due to stuff can't going through him. I know, things are supposed to go inside him due to his body being a black hole. Wonder if it's possible for him to transform into dark stuff, whatever it is.

  10. #90
    Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Beijing

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Could Morley fruit be the one that wqas used in Impel Down to make level 5.5 ?
    That's what I was thinking.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Yeah since you got 50 million mr 1 that was a Killin machine, or even 60 m zoro, 50 m bellamy was not that bad either. And he got 1 shot by...fodders. SO pinkbeard is like sub fodder level, but he does have more original design then all the 4 revos commanders.
    Even going back to East Blue they all had better punch resistance than this dude.

    Either the rally fruit increases the power by like a factor of ten, or this dude was the glass cannon of all glass cannons.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Even going back to East Blue they all had better punch resistance than this dude.

    Either the rally fruit increases the power by like a factor of ten, or this dude was the glass cannon of all glass cannons.
    Or we didn't have the time/interest to dive into a full lenghty fight just to see the guy receiving the 50 blows needed to defeat him.

  13. #93
    Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    The Commanders' designs aren't instant classics, but I like them. I also like that, since this seems to be all of them now, the number of Revolutionary Army significant i.e. named members has been kept relatively small. It gives me hope for each of them getting individual focus in a way that many characters since the timeskip haven't.

  14. #94
    Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    This is one of those chapters that I probably would have liked if I hadn't read the spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Or we didn't have the time/interest to dive into a full lenghty fight just to see the guy receiving the 50 blows needed to defeat him.
    15-20 million bountyheads we've seen before crawl out after being punched clear thru rocks or having buildings drop on them. 1 or 50 blows with a stick isn't the thing. It's the fact that someone with that kind of bounty, the equal of people who were exponentially tougher than for instance captain Kuro going down from being whacked with a stick. And using Kuro as an example he is the classic glass cannon, and even he wouldn't go down from Usopp whacking him with a stick. Those kids wailed on his head with three frying pans and he got up with out a scratch. I get that you could just handwave it with oh he didn't have enough time to showcase the whole chain of events. But it's still either a frighteningly powerful fruit that can empower a normal person beyond all reason or one of the very weakest defenses we've ever seen on a person who held a bounty. A milk maid with a stick beat him down in a minute, even if it was 200 whacks it's still a milk maid with a stick.

  16. #96
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Betty gave the (literal) credit to the citizens.

    Otherwise, they would have done more than just taking away weapons and encouraging the citizens. Or do you think a guy with a freezing pistol or a dude that can turn into crows couldn't beat Pinkbeard?
    They participated. If only to stop anyone from dying. But pitting characters against weaklings is not how you create hype.

    We more or less knew how they operate, so I didn't really need to see them helping the citizens help themselves.

    Granted, if we were still in East Blue, I'd be impressed as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    15-20 million bountyheads we've seen before crawl out after being punched clear thru rocks or having buildings drop on them. 1 or 50 blows with a stick isn't the thing. It's the fact that someone with that kind of bounty, the equal of people who were exponentially tougher than for instance captain Kuro going down from being whacked with a stick. And using Kuro as an example he is the classic glass cannon, and even he wouldn't go down from Usopp whacking him with a stick. Those kids wailed on his head with three frying pans and he got up with out a scratch. I get that you could just handwave it with oh he didn't have enough time to showcase the whole chain of events. But it's still either a frighteningly powerful fruit that can empower a normal person beyond all reason or one of the very weakest defenses we've ever seen on a person who held a bounty. A milk maid with a stick beat him down in a minute, even if it was 200 whacks it's still a milk maid with a stick.
    I understand what you're saying. What I'm pointing out is that Oda flexibilizes consistency to keep the narrative clean to what matters to a given scene. There's no point in stretching that fight to better portray Pinkbeard's combat prowess other than the goal to make him match the level of his peers (pirates with 50 million bounty or less), something absolutely secondary in that context. While some readers value this kind of consistency (and there's no problem in this mentality), I believe that Oda doesn't care too much if that means sacrificing conciseness in his storytelling, which is not even focusing in Pinkbeard.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    It's bounty inflation. The beri price is dropping. The Extol is growing, and the Vega-coin is about to wreck the global economy aaaaaany minute now.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  19. #99

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    They participated. If only to stop anyone from dying. But pitting characters against weaklings is not how you create hype.

    We more or less knew how they operate, so I didn't really need to see them helping the citizens help themselves.

    Granted, if we were still in East Blue, I'd be impressed as hell.
    If Oda had wanted to really hype them, he would have.

    Yes, we (somewhat) know how their operate. But that was a more interesting approach than simply introduce a strong foe who just gets beaten by the commanders. At least, in my opinion.

    Anyhow, it's better to show than tell.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Even going back to East Blue they all had better punch resistance than this dude.

    Either the rally fruit increases the power by like a factor of ten, or this dude was the glass cannon of all glass cannons.
    Those civilians could beat the equivalent of 3 Don Kriegs (17 x 3 = 51 Million).

    Just think about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts