+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Default Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

Last edited by BobLoblaw; May 11th, 2018 at 07:00 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 904: The Entrance of The Revolutionary Army Commanders

I liked it. I like the commanders. I like knowing more about the Revolutionary Army. I'm just not sure this needed a whole chapter. Felt short.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

New character designs are pretty top notch. If the Reverie is actually going to turn into open conflict between the Revolutionaries and the World Government I officially have no idea where it could all be going. This's gonna be good.

Nice to see that germa is out of the WG.

This is one of those chapters where I elected to skip the spoilers, because from what I saw it wasn't really the best without the art. Anyways, I really like it. So it looks like the organization of the RA is Executive HQ - Which is Dragon at the top as Leader and then Sabo as Chief of Staff, then the next level below them is the four Commanders. I assume they are each of the Commanders of the respective Blues?

Beyond that, despite Dragon's claim that they are declaring war against the Celestial Dragon, I have a feeling like the actual battles won't begin until Luffy and the Straw Hats get involved, which means a long time. Then again, One Piece isn't a manga where the world is stagnant when the SHs aren't there. I wonder what other people on here think?

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post
    This is one of those chapters where I elected to skip the spoilers, because from what I saw it wasn't really the best without the art. Anyways, I really like it. So it looks like the organization of the RA is Executive HQ - Which is Dragon at the top as Leader and then Sabo as Chief of Staff, then the next level below them is the four Commanders. I assume they are each of the Commanders of the respective Blues?

Beyond that, despite Dragon's claim that they are declaring war against the Celestial Dragon, I have a feeling like the actual battles won't begin until Luffy and the Straw Hats get involved, which means a long time. Then again, One Piece isn't a manga where the world is stagnant when the SHs aren't there. I wonder what other people on here think?
    Baltigo shows battles happen with out SH involved

oooof that betty design
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Discovered Stowaway DarkHamster's Avatar

Love the revolutionaries. I swear Oda's been watching Les Miz or something. LOL could almost hear the lyrics in the dialogue. Thought there'd be more executives than just 4. I hope this means they're strong.

Side note hope Shonen Jump isn't pushing their mangaka too hard, 15 pages + boku no hero having unfinished panels has me worried. I rather have finished work from semi-rested mangaka who are enjoying their jobs, than rushed half assed chapters.

also I hope Karasu is a crow logia because that would give me more hope for a spider logia
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    also I hope Karasu is a crow logia because that would give me more hope for a spider logia
    *Special Zoan

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    *Special Zoan
    *punch someone*
    *they burst into spiders and crawl all over you*

You know you want it
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I think the chapter would have been better structured if the reveal that they were declaring war on the Tenryuubito was at the end.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I've been saying all along that Queen would have the Swarm fruit.

Purely coincidence

Seeing such a small bounty belonging to a Blackbeard underling and having his silhouette appear for the first time after the time skip, makes me believe that at the end of this volume/arc we will see him in full with his new design alongside his new bounty, being it something absurd like 8 billions or higher, making Luffy look puny in comparison.

So Betty is definitely based off of this painting right? Both of them even have their tits hanging out.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post

There's nothing indicating they'll get involved. Hell, last chapter literally stated that while everyone is focusing on the Reverie, they're off to Wano. And that's when they're clearly attacking, during the Reverie, as indicated by them making plans to head there. So whatever goes down in this arc, the Straw Hats won't have any part in it.

Also keyword is "declaration", meaning it's not as if they plan on ending things right then and there.

the chapter felt super short. also I was promised more vivi... well. whatever.
    I like the top commanders. my favorite one is the crow guy. also finally someone taking the bounty for a pirate.

Bummed again. I'm trying really hard to give a damn, but... An entire chapter is dedicated to showing off a bunch of flashy designs whom we're supposed to instantly like except they're right out of nowhere and I feel completely detached.

I'm curious about the revos side of One Piece, I really am, but I'd have been perfectly happy if they'd simply walked through the door in Kamabaka, been given their Oda box and got to the interesting stuff. With Dragon and Ivankov and Sabo and Koala, characters I desperately want to see more of, who we've known for a while and can get behind a lot more because they're actually related to the Straw Hats.
    Instead we have the commanders saving a bunch of nobodies going against...What, the equivalent of Jaya Straw Hats ? Such stakes, now I'm hyped for sure . I can't even remember when Luffy's bounty was last so low, but I'm pretty sure however that the last time a hype chapter felt so cartoonishly bad was Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    the chapter felt super short.
    Because it was. Apparently a lot of mangaka were really rushed because of Goldenweek. My hero academia actually had a bunch of unfinished panels.

Purely coincidence

Very *interesting* designs all around. I see that goggles are RA uniform staple but I can't say I don't like it.

Betty's fruit is pretty......well i don't know what to think of it. Guess I'll wait till she battles with it. If she ever does.

The revo I most anticipated was Karasu because his crows were shown a few times previously. It'll be interesting to see if it's a special loan or something unique to him. He didn't turn into a crow himself, he was commanding a murder of them.

Nice chapter, great to see the already known revolutionaries back.

I'm not sure, what to think about the new commanders though.
    I know that Oda can handle these groups well, but partially their appearance (although unique) reminds me of bland Fairy Tail enemy groups.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information