+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece "Episode of Skypiea", new TV Special (25th August 2018)

Default One Piece "Episode of Skypiea", new TV Special (25th August 2018)

New TV Special in August 2018. This time One Piece "Episode of Skypiea"!!! Thanks to YonkouProductions for the information.

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...29811934543872

Last edited by redon; May 18th, 2018 at 01:13 AM.

Default Re: One Piece "Episode of Skypiea", new TV Special (25th August 2018)

The East Blue one was a blessing in disguise because it allowed Chile to skip East Blue and go straight for Loguetown and Alabasta when they aired the series subbed. This? This will only eat up the few good animators the series has!

Will this affect the quality of the tv series?

Anyone from the series that will likely be on the special is already on it, i.e. Isouchi, possibly Matsuda. People like Ishizuka and Tomita and the like will stay on the TV series as they would have already been gone from it if they were on the special. There is potential for people who aren't on any series right now to be on it, like any Tiger Mask W or Super staff that's left over
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; May 17th, 2018 at 04:01 AM.

Glad to hear that, and cant wait to see the special i hope they will do the same for second half of dressrosa in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    The East Blue one was a blessing in disguise because it allowed Chile to skip East Blue and go straight for Loguetown and Alabasta when they aired the series subbed. This? This will only eat up the few good animators the series has!
    The special has been in the works for a while now. Any animators they'd have from the anime are already there.

They messed up there opportunity to turn arcs into movies, which would have been a good way for people new to the series to join in Like episode of merry being a shredded mess or the drum island arc having robin and franky in it

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

God Eneru has answered my prayers!! I've been waiting for this "Episode of" movie for a long time, can't wait to see Skypiea in HD finally. Hopefully they do a good job and it doesn't hurt the anime production too much

Im glad they did this since it could fit perfectly into a 90 minute movie and pretty well into a 65 minute one
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I'm always surprised when Uda returns to the series since he left it for so long. I wonder who his animation supervisor is since Koizumi seems busy over on Gegege no Kitarou.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

I guess it's fitting since he was the series director during the time Skypiea aired. I'm guessing GUTS will be handling a part of the special just like in EoEB (Where they handled Uda's section)

I can't wait for this! Skypeia was underrated. Anyone think they will animate something new that was revealed lately in the anime? The only thing that comes to mind is the Bellamy thing, but that was mentioned in the anime quite some time ago.... really hope the special starts at Mock Town.

This will be a nice borthday thing for me. sweet.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    I know that's just a poster but robin's hips and nami being 8 inches taller than luffy is really getting on my nerve.
    Did an intern copy and paste them and that's why the perspective is terrible?

It'll probably be better in the actual show but that just stuck out like a sore thumb to me
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Those images were all compiled from the individual reference sheets so no, they're not meant to be laid out next to each other like that.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Looks like Isochi designs, I'm not sure though because Luffy and Usopp look super Sato-esque (Very round features and a very small Luffy like in EoEB)

Translation on the info yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Translation on the info yet?
    Chief Director: Kounosuke Uda
    Script: Tomohiro Nakayama

The Director, Character Design and Chief Animation Director positions are still to be announced.

In addition this special will have origional scenes in it.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

East blue one wasn't very good so I don't have high hopes.

Still, will be nice to see Enel again. They should do his moon adventures at the end as a bonus, that's the cover story I always really wanted to see animated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information