+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

Quote Originally Posted by vlad Dracul View Post
    great theory. the connection to oars and the symbol inside the vault is superb.

i also like the moon part of your theory, but it is _really_ drastic and unimaginable that the WG could destroy the moons
    there is only 100 years of history missing, but some historic events or facts before the void century should still be known.
    Unless Uranus is the ancient weapon made to do so, and/or the weapon that could bring them back.

That being said this is an awesome theory. I really do hope Enel and the moon storyline does come back to play a part in the manga eventually. It would make Skypiea that much more rewarding to read in the future. I do have a feeling the giant structure behind Elbaf is Yggdrasil and it may play a part into this. Especially if Yggdrasil may actually lead us to other "realms" (just being so high it reaches space or something like that)
    Last edited by Gia Sado; June 4th, 2018 at 10:53 PM.

Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

The theories stated on the podcast brought in a lot about Joyboy, who I was kinda hesitant to mention because we know so little about him that he could fit into basically any Void Century theory at this point, but the also made a lot of good points about the connections between the straw hat and the Will of D and the way the hat has been depicted through the years, going all the way back to the prototype Romance Dawn chapters, so that's definitely worth a listen for anyone enjoying this kinda thing. And I feel slightly more validated than I probably should that the One Piece professionals covered similar territory about the room under Marie Geoise possibly being frozen to preserve the genetic material of someone or something the World Government once wiped out that they want to recreate and control. Like I said, I reckon I'm connecting the right things, but I'm probably 99% wrong at best on how and why they connect.

Quote Originally Posted by vlad Dracul View Post
    great theory. the connection to oars and the symbol inside the vault is superb.

i also like the moon part of your theory, but it is _really_ drastic and unimaginable that the WG could destroy the moons
    there is only 100 years of history missing, but some historic events or facts before the void century should still be known.
    Thank you! Honestly I wasn't the first to see the symbol on Oars, or most of the more important points here, I'm just trying to work out ways to tie everything together plausibly. I fully admit that the Moon War stuff contains some huge logical leaps, but we have so little info to work with, there's really no other way to theorise about it.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    This theory is a little wild for me to go onboard... but there's something I'd like to mention regarding the hypothesis that the other moons were destroyed in the past... the minks.

It's interesting how Inuarashi mentions Sulong as their true form, which is strange considering it's a transformation that happens only during nights with a full moon. However, maybe in the past the minks were in their Sulong forms all the time because the moons together could provide the same effect, so they were reduced to this "lesser" form after the incident.
    That is a great point! It makes so much sense... you know, assuming anything else I said is right. I think the one issue would be how exhausting going Sulong is for Minks, since they can apparently fight themselves to death in a single night if they don't have the self control to shield their eyes from the moon and revert. Unless it's just evolution lowering their Sulong thresholds over the last few centuries, ancient Minks may have had very short lifespans.

With your permission I might add the Sulong point to the OP, because it's a great little idea for moon theories.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    That was a nice read. Good eye on that connection to Oars symbol.
    But I was never sold on the multiple moons, I think those are planets.

If I was to add a point of view I'd say I think the giant freezers under MG might not be storing corpses.
    Dofla knows that it's possible to become immortal with the Ope Ope fruit, so maybe what's/who's under MG is alive and that's a jail. The extreme cold would stop them from moving and becoming free.
    Thanks! And yup, I thought the moons were just planets as well for a long time, it's only the idea that they aren't there anymore that makes it plausible, because the present obviously only has the one.

I think your idea about what's in the freezer is a really interesting and plausible angle. It fits super well with Doffy's assertion that he could have taken control of the treasure under Marie Geoise if he'd had the Op Op Fruit - he wouldn't have needed to force someone to sacrifice themself for the immortality operation if he could just shambles himself into an already immortal body! I like that idea a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Just had a thought, and forgive me if this was already mentioned, but about that seven moons thing and the cross symbol on Oars’ loincloth being similar to the WG flag with the five orbs...what if it is meant to represent 7 orbs but the 2D perspective just obscured the two in the front and back? And the symbolism was just lost to history? There may be more to it but that number 7 just got the gears turning.
    Oh that is an interesting perspective. Totally and entirely possible, though it's a little hard to say what the meaning of the older symbol in the straw hat room was meant to mean in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I skimmed through the relevant volumes, here's what I got.
    - In 272, Robin finds a wall of poneglyphs carved inside a ruined house. She states that the Poneglyph of the great bell were brought to Shandora - not created there - and that the city faced an enemy and falled protecting it.
    - In 290 (Norland flashback), Calgara states again that the city falled trying to protect the Poneglyph.
    - Shandora's fall would have occurred right after the Void Century (Montblanc's lifetime : 400 years before present day / fall of Shandora : 400 years before Norland's arrival to Jaya).

I don't think it was ever stated explicitly, but I guess this means Shandora was an affiliate/ally of the Ancient Kingdom - or maybe a part of it, but remote enough that it wasn't wiped out immediately - that survived through the Void Century long enough to take part in the Poneglyph effort, similar to the Kozuki clan of Wano.

This does raise a few questions.
    - If Shandorah fell (presumably at the hands of the soon-to-become-World Government), then why the hell did its poneglyph remain untouched ? Indestructible they might be, but whoever went through the pain of destroying a city to remove it from public knowledge could certainly have taken an extra step and bury the Poneglyph, or take it away, or send an expedition later to finish the job.
    - How come the World Governement hasn't been hoarding Poneglyphs over the past 8 centuries? If they're so afraid of what these artefacts may one day reveal, you'd think they would collect as many as possible, lock them in a crypt deep below Pangea castle - instead of some oversized hat - and throw away the key. Or are the Poneglyphs hidden so well and in places so dangerous that it's just easier to go after anyone foolish enough to research them?
    - Shandorah falling some 800 years ago implies that their enemies could and did reach Jaya at that time. What happened during and after the Void Century that could have made it an unbelievable legend some 400 years later, and Jaya a place only bold navigators like Norland could reach? Is this part of the World Government's effort to hide their tracks, going as far as to erase any documents - maps, books, ... - that would mention the island? Or does it have to do with Grand Line making travels so hellishly difficult that even the World Government didn't bother sending anyone afterwards?

This got me thinking. As you say, "only" 100 years are unaccounted for. If so, someone like Robin, who is well-versed in history, should be able to deduce, or at least make theories on, who and where the Ancient Kingdom could possibly have been based on the geopolitical map of the world such as it was before and after the Void Century. Which nations joined the World Government, which ones went missing, you don't even need a poneglyph. The archeologists of O'hara probably did exactly that to help further their research.
    And indeed, if the Void Century had seen changes as dramatic as destroying moons or moving continents around, surely that wouldn't have gone unnoticed either. I feel it's the sort of event that's too big to be just shoved underneath the carpet of history.
    Holy shit, that is a lot more left unanswered than I remembered. I guess my last Skypiea reread was a little too long ago. Uhh, assuming moon stuff has anything to do with anything, the Ancient Kingdom could be anything from a moon kingdom, an eathly ally of the moon people, or perhaps a group that rose up after the moon stuff to oppose the World Government and their atrocities, and were snuffed out for their trouble. For all the questions left hanging, we sure don't have a lot to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    I feel confident at this point that the "StrawHat" treasure found in Mariejois and the StrawHat worn by Luffy and Roger have the exact same powers. I think that the StrawHat in Mariejois used to belong to Joy Boy. And I feel like both this hat and the current StrawHat worn by Luffy grant the user the ability to "Hear the Voice of All Things".

Right now my only evidence for this theory is the knowledge that Joy Boy, Roger, and Luffy seem to all have this ability to "Hear the Voice of All Things". However, I feel confident that I'm correct here.
    =D
    We'll call this my personal tastes in fiction, but I really don't like the idea of the straw hat having an actual inherent power of its own. It's contrived, and it cheapens Luffy's accomplishments. I prefer the hat as just a symbol of the choice to carry on the Will of D, not some magical destiny everyone who wears it has. Not saying you're wrong at all, it's very plausible, just that it wouldn't be my favourite development.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Its the reverse. Its the location of the ship. It would be impossible for the poneglyph to point to the blueprints because its transportable. Franky destroyed the blueprints but Pluton still exists somewhere in the world.
    Ah right, thanks for clarifying. Although, you can say how hard it would be for a Poneglyph to point to the blueprints because they can be moved, but moving is what a ship is made to do, so yeah, how did that Poneglyph work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Unless Uranus is the ancient weapon made to do so, and/or the weapon that could bring them back.

That being said this is an awesome theory. I really do hope Enel and the moon storyline does come back to play a part in the manga eventually. It would make Skypiea that much more rewarding to read in the future. I do have a feeling the giant structure behind Elbaf is Yggdrasil and it may play a part into this. Especially if Yggdrasil may actually lead us to other "realms" (just being so high it reaches space or something like that)
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed the read! The moon stuff is all to interesting to leave alone, I can't wait to see what Oda does with it all.

So, bringing up Elbaf's Yggdrasil? There's another thing I didn't think to take into account, and maybe I should have. I don't suppose you played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 recently? Spoilers for that below if you haven't.

Spoiler:
    The World Tree at the center of the world there turned out to be an ancient, ruined civilisation's space elevator, one that was just dressed up as a tree for aesthetic reasons, and became a mythological centerpiece of the remade world. The main party takes the elevator up to a low orbit station for the final battles of the game.

So uh yeah, that's a thing that's happened. Not sure how likely it is that Oda and Monolithsoft's writers would come up with the same twist, but it's certainly not impossible. And look, it was hype enough in Xenoblade that I'd happily experience it again in One Piece.

A moon has the force to move sea mass creating tides and low tides. By destroying a moon or 6 moons it is possible to create the calm belt. Of course I dont take into consideration the trajectory of the current and only moon and it is extremely simplified approach BUT possible

Which of the confirmed experiments related to Vegapunk could be involved with his last creation mentioned by Fujitora?

1)Lineage factor (Cloning people by Judge and SAD, which Caesar used to create his own version of artificial devil fruits)
    2)Vegapunk's artificial devil fruit
    3)Making an object eat a devil fruit and acquire its properties (only confirmed with Zoans for now)
    4)Incorporating a devil fruit power in an object. Said fruit is still in use (Kizaru's fruit, Pacifistas, Franky)
    5)Gigantification

If it's a combination of all these experiments, it could fit better this theory? I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That is a great point! It makes so much sense... you know, assuming anything else I said is right. I think the one issue would be how exhausting going Sulong is for Minks, since they can apparently fight themselves to death in a single night if they don't have the self control to shield their eyes from the moon and revert. Unless it's just evolution lowering their Sulong thresholds over the last few centuries, ancient Minks may have had very short lifespans.

With your permission I might add the Sulong point to the OP, because it's a great little idea for moon theories.
    Of course, feel free to use it.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Mihawk's sword has the same cross-shape as the ol' wg-Symbol.
    "Look, this dude's sword has the same Ends as our old symbol's cross! We make him a warlord!"

Oars though is old enough to be tied to the old WG's Symbol. It also makes sense they changed it, since within the last 800 yrs, more and more countries join them and the WG reached around the planet. So the new logo seems more Fitting. for a 170 countries' Union.

I also like the part where Kaidou is a failed Experiment of creating continent pullers. Would explain why he can't be killed (or it is hard to).

Problem I have with, that we saw the 7 moons just in one single Panel. That is too less IMO for such a late Point in the Story to finally reveal there have been 7 moons back then. Oda could have thrown us one or two more globes between W7/EL and now.

But that isjust a personal thought, all in all I like that theory. The RL seems man-made, though in 906 we saw some "holes" atop the RL. Like huge axes have been thrown there.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

As an aside that won’t tie into much else here, interesting that the Ancient Weapon Pluton is a ship. Maybe it was an ark the early World Government used to survive the lunar floods while the Redline was under construction. It fits with the theory that Noah is Pluton, especially considering Noah’s placement, as if it was abandoned and scuttled to sink to Fishman Island when the World Government disembarked from it a final time onto their new holy land. And if the seafaring races that formed the World Government had one ancient weapon, and we know the underwater races of Fishman Island held another in Poseidon, does that mean the moon races must have had Uranus, to keep a balance of power? And to go a little further down that line, symbolically, Poseidon is named for an ocean god and Uranus for one of the skies. Pluton, for a god of the underworld, doesn’t fit as cleanly, but the genocidal nature of the World Government helps it a bit.

So the World Government conquered the tides once, working with the Continent Pullers and abandoning their Ancient Weapon in the process. Then they got cocky, got caught up in their taste of godlike power and decided to put a stop to the lunar floods once and for all.

It’s hard to say exactly how they did this. Perhaps Uranus was captured and turned on the moon races. Maybe it also goes back to the Continent Pullers. Could something like Fishman Island’s ancient and treasured Energy Steroid have been used to bump their power up from ‘continent pulling’ to ‘planetoid destroying?’ Again, this area of the theory is pretty vague and subject to change as most information comes up.

I think you are a little bit confused here. The ancient weapons were created by the Ancient Kingdom. Thats why the Poneglyphs show the location of Pluton and Poseidon (and uranos most likely). Because the Ancient Kingdom for some reason or another hid the weapons but entrusted the Kouzuki clan to write the Poneglyphs if the weapons were ever needed.

It doesn´t make sense that the WG got rid of Pluton considering the fact that it is a ship that can destroy an island with a single shot. And something like that is not something that can get lost.

On that note, on Enies Lobby we found out that the Shipwrights of Water 7 have been keeping the Blueprints of Pluton so that if the WG ever got their hands on Pluton (that´s hidden somewhere only Robin knows after reading Crocodile´s Poneglyph in Alabasta) the rest of the world could use this blueprint to build another Pluton and fight back on equal footing. If you remember Franky burned those blueprints cause he bet on Strawhats victory over the WG. If they had taken Robin before killing her they would´ve tortured her in order to find the ancient weapons.

And talking about Ancient Weapons I personally find this interesting:

Notice the right hand side of the picture. What do you see? A ship.
    Now look directly under it. Whats there? Sea Kings.

I feel like those are references to Pluton and Poseidon respectively.
    So if there are two ancient weapons depicted there why not all 3?
    I think that somewhere in this wall is a reference to Uranos. But what?
    There are 3 drawings that could hint towards it
    The first is the one where the skylanders are standing. The second posibility is the one on the top left, though I think that more likely to be the Sun. And finally the one right in between the skylanders and the robots. Something weirdly shaped. Maybe one of them is Uranos, only Odda knows.

So yeah that what I wanted to say regarding th Ancient Weapons bye

Oh yeah, the Noah. I also think the Noah's only purpose is to migrate the merfolk. No Pluton.
    No big ass weapon on it, no sails, no paddles, just huge chains meant to be put in the mouths of the sea kings. So it just can be pulled by them.

About the moon I gotta say:
    Oda said once we should check the moon phases. Maybe he tried to make us notice that the moon of the OP-world goes faster through the phases than our moon.
    If Inu and Neko want to get their revenge on Jack (which I hope for they do in Sulong form), they can't wait almost 4 weeks on Wano to do so. So I guess (or more hope) a full moon occurs like every 14 days in the OP-world.
    I have to check the Zou timeline and the WCI timeline again to be sure, but I hope there is a full moon more often than on our earth.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Hello everyone, just made an account specificaly for this thread. I've been on mangaspoiler for a couple of years but wanted a more inclusive site where there are constructive dialgoues.

Now, about the post's theory :

1. Giving that in One Piece people still use swords and flint pistols, going in outer space or even destroying a couple of planets/moons seems a bit far fetched in my opinion. Maybe only the Advanced Kingdom managed to contact other planets or something.

2. The symbol from the MG cellar & the one from Oars skirt resemble almost 50% the symbol from the Kozuki clan (at least the outer design). This could mean a couple of things if you consider that the Wano country didnt take part in the war against the Ancient Kingdom.

3. What is Zunisha's role in all of this? Is the tree from Elbaf connected somehow to the whole space theory?

4. The Shandians said to have come from the moon and arrived in Jaya, and are descendants from Shandorians ... meaning there are a couple of more descendants from the moon race (look at BB's sniper & others). This is the only link we have now that at least one Moon was inhabited and that the first people who came from there could've known about life on the other planets. Traveling to "earth" means they had at least a technological advantage in comparisson with the earth's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by ensushalame View Post
    I think you are a little bit confused here. The ancient weapons were created by the Ancient Kingdom. Thats why the Poneglyphs show the location of Pluton and Poseidon (and uranos most likely). Because the Ancient Kingdom for some reason or another hid the weapons but entrusted the Kouzuki clan to write the Poneglyphs if the weapons were ever needed.

It doesn´t make sense that the WG got rid of Pluton considering the fact that it is a ship that can destroy an island with a single shot. And something like that is not something that can get lost.

On that note, on Enies Lobby we found out that the Shipwrights of Water 7 have been keeping the Blueprints of Pluton so that if the WG ever got their hands on Pluton (that´s hidden somewhere only Robin knows after reading Crocodile´s Poneglyph in Alabasta) the rest of the world could use this blueprint to build another Pluton and fight back on equal footing. If you remember Franky burned those blueprints cause he bet on Strawhats victory over the WG. If they had taken Robin before killing her they would´ve tortured her in order to find the ancient weapons.

And talking about Ancient Weapons I personally find this interesting:

https://mangazeira.com/wp-content/up...o-online-0.png
    Notice the right hand side of the picture. What do you see? A ship.
    Now look directly under it. Whats there? Sea Kings.

I feel like those are references to Pluton and Poseidon respectively.
    So if there are two ancient weapons depicted there why not all 3?
    I think that somewhere in this wall is a reference to Uranos. But what?
    There are 3 drawings that could hint towards it
    The first is the one where the skylanders are standing. The second posibility is the one on the top left, though I think that more likely to be the Sun. And finally the one right in between the skylanders and the robots. Something weirdly shaped. Maybe one of them is Uranos, only Odda knows.

So yeah that what I wanted to say regarding th Ancient Weapons bye
    This is a good refresher, thanks. There's so much half explained lore in this series it can be so hard to accurately keep track of everything.

Theories about those wall carvings are always interesting tho. I've seen it speculated that Uranus is the big dome coming down from the top right, and connected that to the similarly shaped objects that pulled Bege into the sky just before the timeskip. I'm not 100% certain I support that, especially since Bege just spent a whole lot of time in focus and didn't hint at it once, but it's another interesting idea to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Oh yeah, the Noah. I also think the Noah's only purpose is to migrate the merfolk. No Pluton.
    No big ass weapon on it, no sails, no paddles, just huge chains meant to be put in the mouths of the sea kings. So it just can be pulled by them.

About the moon I gotta say:
    Oda said once we should check the moon phases. Maybe he tried to make us notice that the moon of the OP-world goes faster through the phases than our moon.
    If Inu and Neko want to get their revenge on Jack (which I hope for they do in Sulong form), they can't wait almost 4 weeks on Wano to do so. So I guess (or more hope) a full moon occurs like every 14 days in the OP-world.
    I have to check the Zou timeline and the WCI timeline again to be sure, but I hope there is a full moon more often than on our earth.
    I don't remember that quote, but yeah it does sound pretty telling that something's up with the thing. You have to wonder if he was trying to indicate something more than just fast cycles, which is the kinda thing you could just handwave without saying "pay attention," but I'm at a total loss as to what it could be, without going through the whole series to check, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Hello everyone, just made an account specificaly for this thread. I've been on mangaspoiler for a couple of years but wanted a more inclusive site where there are constructive dialgoues.

Now, about the post's theory :

1. Giving that in One Piece people still use swords and flint pistols, going in outer space or even destroying a couple of planets/moons seems a bit far fetched in my opinion. Maybe only the Advanced Kingdom managed to contact other planets or something.

2. The symbol from the MG cellar & the one from Oars skirt resemble almost 50% the symbol from the Kozuki clan (at least the outer design). This could mean a couple of things if you consider that the Wano country didnt take part in the war against the Ancient Kingdom.

3. What is Zunisha's role in all of this? Is the tree from Elbaf connected somehow to the whole space theory?

4. The Shandians said to have come from the moon and arrived in Jaya, and are descendants from Shandorians ... meaning there are a couple of more descendants from the moon race (look at BB's sniper & others). This is the only link we have now that at least one Moon was inhabited and that the first people who came from there could've known about life on the other planets. Traveling to "earth" means they had at least a technological advantage in comparisson with the earth's humans.
    Yo! Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here!

To address your points, 1: Ordinarily I would agree, but we've already had Enel flying up there on an electric-powered ship of wood and gold and the Automata reaching it with balloons, so we just have to roll with the idea of One Piece and real world physics having only a passing acquaintance with each other.

2: Now that is an interesting point. I'd honestly forgotten the Kozuki crest even had that X behind it. And with Little Oars Jr already having a loose connection to Wano, given he got his hat from there... I expected Wano and the Kozukis to be involved in it all somehow, but the suggestion they might have been on the World Government's side at one point is not one I'd have ever guessed.

3: Gia Sado actually mentioned the tree in Elbaf earlier in the thread with a great idea. It's obviously meant to represent the Norse Yggdrasil, the World Tree that goes all the way to the heavens. If the Giant homeland has or had a natural space elevator, that opens the doors to all kinds of ideas for how they might have been involved. As for Zunisha, I have no bloody clue to be honest. Possibly he just represented the wrong side in the Void Century's conflict and needed to atone, but we have so little information about him for the moment, so it's hard to say for sure.

4: Seems pretty likely. I think the variety of people seemingly descended from the moon races and how different they all are is good fodder for multiple moons theory, but of course I would, I wanna be right about that I reckon it's probably right that most of the tech that seems weirdly advanced for OP's setting is probably derived from stuff left behind by the more advanced moonfolk.

This theory makes a lot of sense to me. Especially the parts about extra moons, taming the seas and world-building.

I have always wondered why the World Nobles are also called "Celestial Dragons". I mean, I get it could just be an exaggerated title but if their ancestors really did win a war between different moons then it would be a literal title.

I have also wondered why the Ancient Alliance has been referred to as the "creators" of the world. If the Ancient Alliance did indeed divide all the islands, move continents and destroy moons, then it would make sense why they would literally be the creators of the world. It would also explain why the planet is conveniently divided by the Red line and Grand line running perpendicular to each other with Mary Geoise at one of the intersections.

Also it would make sense that 7 moons would make for untamable seas and I think it would be excellent motivation to get rid of those moons. If all the islands were indeed one pangaea then when those moons aligned over the pangaea they would flood it, creating the need for a ship like Noah or a Fishman island.

Also when people talk about the ancient weapons, Pluton obviously has to with death and Neptune the seas, as their respective deities do, but Uranus typically is associated with the Sky or the "Heavens". Maybe there is something to Uranus moving the moons.

Nice catch on the alcove symbol, I'd been wondering it had already appeared anywhere else. Tying the Punk Hazard skull to Continent Puller(s) is very interesting as well, I'd completely forgotten about it. A well developed theory and pleasant read altogether.

If I had to criticize, I'd say the seven moons part and their destruction especially is unnecessary and overkill. Reasons:

On destroying moons
    - In dinosaur extinction theories, a single large asteroid is considered to have had dramatic impacts on Earth. Meteor shower six moons' worth of rock debris on the surface of the One Piece planet and you're looking at not just a large flood, but possibly the total extinction of all life. Even assuming civilization did somehow pull through and prospered again in a mere 800 years, I would expect the land to bear marks in pretty much every region of the world. And by that I mean craters several miles wide - on Earth some of these still exist even after millions of years. Some of the larger debris could even still be orbiting the planet to this day like an asteroid belt visible from the ground. But until proven otherwise w
    e don't see any of that e.
    Oh you mean like how such an event could cause the One Piece World to be flooded with only islands surviving. And the effects of the impact fucked up the atmosphere so much that the entire global climate got fucked up and became random.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Oh you mean like how such an event could cause the One Piece World to be flooded with only islands surviving. And the effects of the impact fucked up the atmosphere so much that the entire global climate got fucked up and became random.
    No, I meant that in the sense most of the known world would have been razed to the ground by meteor showers. Then drastic climate change everywhere, not just in this (relatively) small belt of sea. Whatever phenomenon made the Grand Line what it is remained remarkably focused: as far as we know it's only this region of the world that is truly weird, the four Blues and Red Line are quite normal in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Maybe Pluton is related to the similarly named Pluto from Astro Boy.

I got a funny theory:
    Right under that huge strawhat the last road poneglyph is hidden. Now here is the twist: that thing is tiny, cause it only contains 4 "ancient letters", so no one is expecting a poneglyph there.
    Here is how that thing could look like:

(I made a funny riddle out of this, as I gave each ancient letter a roman letter, but the ancient letters are canon. I took them from Jinbe's poneglyph).

If you can solve the riddle and where this poneglyph is pointing at, please post your answer in spoiler tags.

I got a funny theory:
    Right under that huge strawhat the last road poneglyph is hidden. Now here is the twist: that thing is tiny, cause it only contains 4 "ancient letters", so no one is expecting a poneglyph there.

(I made a funny riddle out of this, as I gave each ancient letter a roman letter, but the ancient letters are canon. I took them from Jinbe's poneglyph).

If you can solve the riddle and where this poneglyph is pointing at, please post your answer in spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:
    Long Ring Long Land

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Spoiler:
    Long Ring Long Land
    DING DING DING! Correct!
    Hidden:
    this island made sense to me as it had a short nickname and the fact that it is quite round, the Center of that "circle" makes it a perfect point to draw a line from it.

Discovered Stowaway

I got a funny theory:
    http://up.picr.de/32918679co.jpg

TBH, all the ones except the one in the upper-right corner look like the word 'love' in a circle. The bottom horizontal line on the backwards 'E' is elongated, making it look like it's supposed to simultaneously look like an 'L' and 'E'. So if you start with that and move clockwise, you go 'L', 'O', 'V' (even though it's doubled, it's still just two single 'V's), 'E'. And since love makes the world go round...LOL. Who knows? Not sure about the last one, though.

Just thinking about this latest chapter, though...Queen Otohime's showing love and compassion toward that Celestial Dragon, despite him and the rest of her people showing hate, was what solved the conflict. And it continued to do so to this day where he stopped Charloss and showed he became a better person. So maybe love is what will stop all the fighting ultimately, not hate, which I think is what underlies Dragon's campaign. Maybe Luffy will be the one to inspire a ceasefire, with how Naruto-y he seems to be in finding friends and allies, and changing people for the better. Maybe Roger's heart wasn't pure enough to figure out what to do with One Piece, and Luffy's is...maybe that's why he's a bigger threat than Roger ever will have been.

Any and all theories stating that the Grand Line was in any way a product of the Void Century is instantly 100% wrong and should immediately be discarded.

Don't believe me? I will destroy all those theories in two words.

Little Garden.

End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto View Post
    This theory makes a lot of sense to me. Especially the parts about extra moons, taming the seas and world-building.

I have always wondered why the World Nobles are also called "Celestial Dragons". I mean, I get it could just be an exaggerated title but if their ancestors really did win a war between different moons then it would be a literal title.

I have also wondered why the Ancient Alliance has been referred to as the "creators" of the world. If the Ancient Alliance did indeed divide all the islands, move continents and destroy moons, then it would make sense why they would literally be the creators of the world. It would also explain why the planet is conveniently divided by the Red line and Grand line running perpendicular to each other with Mary Geoise at one of the intersections.

Also it would make sense that 7 moons would make for untamable seas and I think it would be excellent motivation to get rid of those moons. If all the islands were indeed one pangaea then when those moons aligned over the pangaea they would flood it, creating the need for a ship like Noah or a Fishman island.

Also when people talk about the ancient weapons, Pluton obviously has to with death and Neptune the seas, as their respective deities do, but Uranus typically is associated with the Sky or the "Heavens". Maybe there is something to Uranus moving the moons.
    Glad you enjoyed the theory! Honestly tho, if you had to ask what I most expect to be proven wrong about, it's the reason for attacking the moons, if that does turn out to be what happened at all. We've been given basically nothing to go for why the World Government destroyed the Ancient Civilsation, whatever it was. Uranus as a sky thing is all but guaranteed though, especially if the Ancient Civilisation really does turn out to be moon-based.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    No, I meant that in the sense most of the known world would have been razed to the ground by meteor showers. Then drastic climate change everywhere, not just in this (relatively) small belt of sea. Whatever phenomenon made the Grand Line what it is remained remarkably focused: as far as we know it's only this region of the world that is truly weird, the four Blues and Red Line are quite normal in comparison
    Both good points. And as Monkey King posted, theories about the entire Grand Line being created have a few points to answer for. I would be personally be happy if the Grand Line was a strange, natural phenomenon that the people of the world have been trying to deal with for all of time. Depending on devil fruit origins (and fuck even knows what those will be) we could look for solutions for moon debris based on different powers. Issho's could be used to prevent impacts or push things out of orbit, conceivably. Or if there was some kind of extremely prominent and desirable black hole based power that could consume enormous amounts of mass if used by the right person. I'm spitballing, there's really too many variables and we have too little influence to say for sure...

Though, to get absolutely bullshit, it almost could be an idea that the Dark Dark Fruit was used to consume the moons, if given to a Continent Puller sized body to create a big enough black hole. And then if we take another wild fucking leap and say all users of the fruit across history share the same black hole with the stuff consumed and left inside being passed from user to user, we can guess that the multitudes of black hole'd spaceys inside Blackbeard somehow enable his multiple fruits gimmick.

But yeah, I don't think that'll be the case and I would probably be unhappy if it was lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Maybe Pluton is related to the similarly named Pluto from Astro Boy.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Boy_Pluto.jpg
    Well Oda does like mecha. He also likes breaking my heart, so what's the bet he draws on the Urasawa interpretation of the Pluto storyline?

I got a funny theory:
    http://up.picr.de/32918679co.jpg

Dang, I was beaten to it! Wonder if there is some code to the poneglyphs tho... Seems like at least one superfan would have worked it out by now if there was, but Oda being Oda, he could totally chuck a rosetta stone at us late in the series that makes them all click lmao. Ah, I haven't even looked close enough to say if there's a broad enough library of symbols to even make a code out of, so I could be setting myself up to look dumb for even suggesting the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Any and all theories stating that the Grand Line was in any way a product of the Void Century is instantly 100% wrong and should immediately be discarded.

Don't believe me? I will destroy all those theories in two words.

Little Garden.

End of discussion.
    Grand Line creation, yeah I'm not the biggest fan. Redline creation, still plausible. This is in reference to Vivi saying at the start of Little Garden that the climate of the Grand Line has allowed some islands to go unchanged for "thousands of years" because it makes them so hard to visit or colonise, right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information