+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

What I don't like about the "grand line is a construct of the WG" theory is that they did a terrible job in hidding Raftel with that.

The ancient kingdom managed to find it and map it again.

They didn't burry it, or submerge it, or destroy it, just made it harder to reach, while leaving the hole of fishman island, cavern that would lower the power and flow of piracy a great deal, there.

As an instrument of global oppresion, it has never seemed that detrimental to the lives of people, the blues are perfectly liveable, and of all grand line countries, the only ones that have suffered of issolation were the sea train triangle, and that kind of comes with the deal when you completelly turn your island to a city without fields to grow foodstufs.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Raftel seems placed somewhere hard to find, but reachable, the world goverment doesn't seem like they would want that.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    TBH, all the ones except the one in the upper-right corner look like the word 'love' in a circle. The bottom horizontal line on the backwards 'E' is elongated, making it look like it's supposed to simultaneously look like an 'L' and 'E'. So if you start with that and move clockwise, you go 'L', 'O', 'V' (even though it's doubled, it's still just two single 'V's), 'E'. And since love makes the world go round...LOL. Who knows? Not sure about the last one, though.

Just thinking about this latest chapter, though...Queen Otohime's showing love and compassion toward that Celestial Dragon, despite him and the rest of her people showing hate, was what solved the conflict. And it continued to do so to this day where he stopped Charloss and showed he became a better person. So maybe love is what will stop all the fighting ultimately, not hate, which I think is what underlies Dragon's campaign. Maybe Luffy will be the one to inspire a ceasefire, with how Naruto-y he seems to be in finding friends and allies, and changing people for the better. Maybe Roger's heart wasn't pure enough to figure out what to do with One Piece, and Luffy's is...maybe that's why he's a bigger threat than Roger ever will have been.
    I see what you mean. But the truth is: I took the ancient letters from Jinbe's "cover Story poneglyph". I picked two, which looked "pretty similar" as well as "easy to redraw". Therefore I picked letters with circles and dots as well as familiar forms (like a rotated 'E' or 'V').
    And... "Love" is always the answer. Just like Sniper Island, it lives within you heart.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    What I don't like about the "grand line is a construct of the WG" theory is that they did a terrible job in hidding Raftel with that.

The ancient kingdom managed to find it and map it again.

They didn't burry it, or submerge it, or destroy it, just made it harder to reach, while leaving the hole of fishman island, cavern that would lower the power and flow of piracy a great deal, there.

As an instrument of global oppresion, it has never seemed that detrimental to the lives of people, the blues are perfectly liveable, and of all grand line countries, the only ones that have suffered of issolation were the sea train triangle, and that kind of comes with the deal when you completelly turn your island to a city without fields to grow foodstufs.

Raftel seems placed somewhere hard to find, but reachable, the world goverment doesn't seem like they would want that.
    IDK, as it was displayed in the zou arc (in the "x-marks-the-spot"-Panel), Raftel seems to emerge from the ocean. This could be nonsense, but what if you Need to say a Formular like "rise up!" or "open yourself!" to lift the Island to the surface? Sounds completely dull right now, I know. But on the other hand I always wondered how in all those centuries nobody "ran randomly" or "accidently" onto that Island. Even if it hasn't any magnetic activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    (...) Dang, I was beaten to it! Wonder if there is some code to the poneglyphs tho... Seems like at least one superfan would have worked it out by now if there was, but Oda being Oda, he could totally chuck a rosetta stone at us late in the series that makes them all click lmao. Ah, I haven't even looked close enough to say if there's a broad enough library of symbols to even make a code out of, so I could be setting myself up to look dumb for even suggesting the idea. (...)
    There is actually a solid (and "pretty easy") way to find out if the texts on the Stones are a language or just random gibberish: if every letter on them is used as often as any other, then it is no language. If one letter (or sign) is used more often than the other and there is an order from most used letter/sign to least used letter/sign, then you have a language. At least it works that way with words and also noises made by animals. Scientists found out those aren't just random noises, but real communication between animals. An exception would be the binary code, cause it is easy to assume, that 1 and 0 are used quite the same often. However, the sequences like "01001010" used to make letters are pretty unique.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Reading all this discussions made me more curious about Enel's old home (Bilca, if I'm not mistaken) and how did he figure out that the moon is habitable. I mean they still need Oxygen, right? If DF users don't need Oxygen then Luffy wouldn't need any help when Arlong threw him to the sea.

Crazy theory time alert.

Upon reading this and especially the part about the symbols( Secret room / Oars clothes) i can't stop thinking about one thing. The god-damn Kitetsu blades. I ve seen people saying Mihawk's sword hilt resembles the symbol but it's not quite the same. Now take a look at the Kitetsus ( Yes plural ). If this crazy thought of mine is correct then i am 100% convinced now that the sword that the bald Gorosei has is a Kitetsu too.What if the Continent Pullers the World Government and the Demon Splitters (Kitetsus) are somehow all related to each other?We know that each of the Kitetsu blades were made by different generation of swordsmiths.What if Shodai Kitetsu was made way back when during the conflict between WG and the Old Kingdom? What if the world government doesn't have one memento of this victory of theirs (in the form of the giant strawhat) but two ? (Gorosei Gandhi proudly wielding the second one)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My best guess is that Gandhi received this sword from Wano.
    If the Shogun had a Kitetsu (I know, a big IF), then how is it possible that Gandhi Gorousei also posesses one?

Since the masons of Wano made the poneglyphs, Wano had to be a big thorne in the eye of the WG. So there were 2 Options: Buster Call the whole Island(s) or negotiate with them.
    Outcome: Wano has this "no one leaves, no one enters"-policy (which includes even marines) and on top of that one Gorousei received a sword from that Country.

And when Luffy departures from there, it will be open to the world. Another kick in the butt of the WG.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    My best guess is that Gandhi received this sword from Wano.
    If the Shogun had a Kitetsu (I know, a big IF), then how is it possible that Gandhi Gorousei also posesses one?

Since the masons of Wano made the poneglyphs, Wano had to be a big thorne in the eye of the WG. So there were 2 Options: Buster Call the whole Island(s) or negotiate with them.
    Outcome: Wano has this "no one leaves, no one enters"-policy (which includes even marines) and on top of that one Gorousei received a sword from that Country.

And when Luffy departures from there, it will be open to the world. Another kick in the butt of the WG.
    If Kaido invaded Wano, though, then unless he, too, wanted the 'no in, no out' policy (which makes no sense since his guys would need to resupply or be called out for emergencies and whatnot) then there isn't already one, officially. But I get what you meant, and agree that Luffy will alleviate their fear of outsiders and motivate them to buck their strict adherence to traditions and cultural beliefs about how women should dress, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    If Kaido invaded Wano, though, then unless he, too, wanted the 'no in, no out' policy (which makes no sense since his guys would need to resupply or be called out for emergencies and whatnot) then there isn't already one, officially. But I get what you meant, and agree that Luffy will alleviate their fear of outsiders and motivate them to buck their strict adherence to traditions and cultural beliefs about how women should dress, for instance.
    From what we've heard about Oden, he was considered a criminal after leaving Wano.

Now, Kaidou is a different story. Even if he entered Wano "without permission" of, let's say, the Shogun, then what? How do you wanna punish a guy like Kaidou?
    If he joined forces with the Shogun, Kaidou's men might have immunity to that law. Additionally, Kaidou's men aren't Wano's masons and they MIGHT not know crucial info about the void century.
    But IDK why Kaidou killed Oden. Because he knew the secret of this world? What has Kaidou to do with that? We need further info on that.
    Anyway, the reason why Wano is closed (even to marines) and the fact the infamous masons are from there, have to be connected somehow.
    Ohara just translated the poneglyphs and they were BusterCall'd. So why is Wano still on the map?
    The strong samurais alone can't be the reason, even if they're able to repel cannonballs with their swords.
    I mean, maybe they tried to Buster-Call them, but then noticed the strong samurais DID repel the cannonballs.
    THEN the WG might have thought:"If you can't kill them, negotiate with 'em."

I agree with the Kitetsu theory in that the old Gorosei dude has the sword. But then again I still believe the younger Gorosei member will have some relation to Sanji and the Vinsmokes. I'm pretty sure as a member of the Gorosei it wouldn't be hard to acquire.

I don't like the idea that the "grand line is a construct of the WG" theory either. However I do believe that the Red Line will be destroyed in the end by Luffy. I think the Red Line was a concept made by Joy Boy to help hide the poneglyphs from the WG. I also feel like the All Blue is Fishman Island and that the true all blue will be when the Red Line is destroyed.
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    From what we've heard about Oden, he was considered a criminal after leaving Wano.

Now, Kaidou is a different story. Even if he entered Wano "without permission" of, let's say, the Shogun, then what? How do you wanna punish a guy like Kaidou?
    If he joined forces with the Shogun, Kaidou's men might have immunity to that law. Additionally, Kaidou's men aren't Wano's masons and they MIGHT not know crucial info about the void century.
    But IDK why Kaidou killed Oden. Because he knew the secret of this world? What has Kaidou to do with that? We need further info on that.
    Anyway, the reason why Wano is closed (even to marines) and the fact the infamous masons are from there, have to be connected somehow.
    Ohara just translated the poneglyphs and they were BusterCall'd. So why is Wano still on the map?
    The strong samurais alone can't be the reason, even if they're able to repel cannonballs with their swords.
    I mean, maybe they tried to Buster-Call them, but then noticed the strong samurais DID repel the cannonballs.
    THEN the WG might have thought:"If you can't kill them, negotiate with 'em."
    I got the impression Kaido wanted Oden to translate a ponyglyph for him but Oden refused. But on going back to wiki and then checking the chapter (818)for correctness=
    Quote Originally Posted by wikia
    Kaido sought the Kozuki Family because Oden had been to Raftel. Not wanting Kaido to get the information, Oden sacrificed himself to allow the rest of his family to escape.
    So instead of wanting Oden to read the ponyglyp, Kaido seemed to want info on Raftel and Oden refused.
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

My guess is that Raftel is the last island that survived from the Ancient Kingdom and when Roger arrived and learned about the true history - him, Rayleigh & crew said they know about it - then he left his possessions there in hope that one day the true descendent of D will arrive and fullfill the prophecy ( that is why he encited all the pirates around the world to get "One Piece" in hopes that amongst them there will be the chosen one). He let himself get captured upon knowing that he isn't the one to help the AK win against the WG, so he wanted to send the message world wide.

Raftel may very well have inhabitants that belonged to the Ancient kingdom and have advance technology, probabl;y preparing for the war to come at least. I bet the original treasure tree Adam is also on that island - by contrast of the Treasure tree Eve which i think is in Mary Geoise because its above Fishmen island which receives light through its roots.

I will try to gather more info on this and come up with a more significat point of view.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information