+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

  1. #61

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Too big, yes lmao

    I got caught halfway between saying the others were too small and Onigashima was too big and didn't proofread my comment.

    I had always assumed the smaller size of Little Oars Jr was because the Oars line had to interbreed with regular giants to survive, but suppose that particular family of Ancient Giants had already been shrinking generation on generation as genetic trait or some kind of mutation. (Or had just already been crossbreeding by Oars' generation, which could factor into explaining how that line survived the apparent extinction of the rest of the species)
    Yeah, I figured it out ahahah
    Interbreeding is a pretty sound explanation for the progressive generational shrinking. I would still love to see a female ancient giant though

  2. #62

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    I think my favorite part of this theory still today is the idea that Vegapunk is making catalysts to ressurect the 7 Moon Kings. It would be a crazy connection between the Shichibukai, the moons and the tombs.


    Honestly this all sounds super plausable rereading it all. I actually expect the Oars/Kaido/Continent puller stuff to actually pan out. The connections have been becoming more apparent since Punk Hazard and the Reverie.

    Onigashima being what it is too is extremely peculiar. We are definitely going to see part of this revelation in Wano. I think Oda has been gearing up for this reveal for a long time
    Last edited by Gia Sado; August 13th, 2019 at 05:01 AM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    I think my favorite part of this theory still today is the idea that Vegapunk is making catalysts to ressurect the 7 Moon Kings. It would be a crazy connection between the Shichibukai, the moons and the tombs.


    Honestly this all sounds super plausable rereading it all. I actually expect the Oars/Kaido/Continent puller stuff to actually pan out. The connections have been becoming more apparent since Punk Hazard and the Reverie.

    Onigashima being what it is too is extremely peculiar. We are definitely going to see part of this revelation in Wano. I think Oda has been gearing up for this reveal for a long time
    The one point against the moon kings in general that's come up since the initial theory is that the anime version of the crypt scene shows a lot more than seven spaces down there, if I remember it correctly. Obviously the anime is fallible, but given that it's a fairly important scene...

    Eh, we'll see how we go when Kaido's backstory comes up!

  4. #64

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    About Kaido's backstory, in the opening post you talk about how Kaido was experimented on to obtain some kind of ancient giant/human hybrid or something like that. What if the Rocks Pirates landed on Punk Hazard and for some reason only Big Mom wanted to free him? He would be forever indebted to her. Also, in this way Big Mom would know that the World Government attempted to do gigantification and managed to contact an ex WG scientist, Caesar, in the hopes that he would know about those 40-year old experiments. Does it hold up?


  5. #65

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    About Kaido's backstory, in the opening post you talk about how Kaido was experimented on to obtain some kind of ancient giant/human hybrid or something like that. What if the Rocks Pirates landed on Punk Hazard and for some reason only Big Mom wanted to free him? He would be forever indebted to her. Also, in this way Big Mom would know that the World Government attempted to do gigantification and managed to contact an ex WG scientist, Caesar, in the hopes that he would know about those 40-year old experiments. Does it hold up?

    https://i.imgur.com/CS3CdkY.png
    That all sounds really plausible to me. Everything lines up just right to bring a decade's worth of hints together.

  6. #66

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but the symbol in Oars' loincloth and the vaults of Marie Geoise also shows up in the background of the emblem of the Kozuki Clan.
    Spoiler:


    I remember reading some speculation somewhere that instead of being an old emblem of the World Government, it's the emblem of the Ancient Kingdom. Considering the link between the Ancient Kingdom and Wano (the poneglyphs), it seems somewhat plausible that the same symbol shows up in both of their emblems. Perhaps the Kozuki were in fact part of the Ancient Kingdom at one point in time.

    As a side note, is there some more up-to-date theory thread that gathers all these clues and tries to piece them together? I feel like this one, the one titled "Inherited Will" along with some other theory threads overlap somewhat and could benefit from each others' observations.

  7. #67

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but the symbol in Oars' loincloth and the vaults of Marie Geoise also shows up in the background of the emblem of the Kozuki Clan.


    I remember reading some speculation somewhere that instead of being an old emblem of the World Government, it's the emblem of the Ancient Kingdom. Considering the link between the Ancient Kingdom and Wano (the poneglyphs), it seems somewhat plausible that the same symbol shows up in both of their emblems. Perhaps the Kozuki were in fact part of the Ancient Kingdom at one point in time.

    As a side note, is there some more up-to-date theory thread that gathers all these clues and tries to piece them together? I feel like this one, the one titled "Inherited Will" along with some other theory threads overlap somewhat and could benefit from each others' observations.
    Good catch! Might just be because it didn't register the same tilted like a set of crossbones, but I totally missed it there. I wonder if there's any other hidden appearances of it...

    I'd love to break out the Pepe Silvia corkboards and do another big lore and possible connections write up with all the new stuff we've learned in Wano thus far, but with talk of Ancient Giants on Onigashima, Kaido's flashback to come and Oden's journal there for reading after the battle (plus who even knows what else to be revealed in the post-battle fallout) I think it makes sense to wait until the end of Wano to start really putting things together, or else you end up writting a few thousand words only for them to be made outdated by a single line of dialogue two weeks later.

  8. #68
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Good catch! Might just be because it didn't register the same tilted like a set of crossbones, but I totally missed it there. I wonder if there's any other hidden appearances of it...
    Ha, it seems to me like this is leading to the history of Jolly Roger's. Maybe that symbol is somehow attached to Joy Boy and the D clan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    About Kaido's backstory, in the opening post you talk about how Kaido was experimented on to obtain some kind of ancient giant/human hybrid or something like that. What if the Rocks Pirates landed on Punk Hazard and for some reason only Big Mom wanted to free him? He would be forever indebted to her. Also, in this way Big Mom would know that the World Government attempted to do gigantification and managed to contact an ex WG scientist, Caesar, in the hopes that he would know about those 40-year old experiments. Does it hold up?

    https://i.imgur.com/CS3CdkY.png
    I've liked this theory since I first heard it. One thing I might add is that if Big Mom did free him, it might not have been for altruistic reasons, but instead just to have another rare species on whatever Tottoland was at that point.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  9. #69

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'd love to break out the Pepe Silvia corkboards and do another big lore and possible connections write up with all the new stuff we've learned in Wano thus far, but with talk of Ancient Giants on Onigashima, Kaido's flashback to come and Oden's journal there for reading after the battle (plus who even knows what else to be revealed in the post-battle fallout) I think it makes sense to wait until the end of Wano to start really putting things together, or else you end up writting a few thousand words only for them to be made outdated by a single line of dialogue two weeks later.
    Another option would be to slowly update this thread as new information drops in. It might be a bit easier to review the current stuff and refine some of the ideas based on new information, rather than writing everything from the beginning. I think most of the ideas are very much relevant even now. In either case, I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    Ha, it seems to me like this is leading to the history of Jolly Roger's. Maybe that symbol is somehow attached to Joy Boy and the D clan?
    This is an interesting idea. Maybe piracy as a whole is rooted in opposing the World Government and the symbols used by these opposers have slowly evolved into crossed bones from the loincloth symbol.

  10. #70

    Default Re: A One Piece Rabbit Hole of Theories - The Straw Hat Under Marie Geoise

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post

    I've liked this theory since I first heard it. One thing I might add is that if Big Mom did free him, it might not have been for altruistic reasons, but instead just to have another rare species on whatever Tottoland was at that point.
    Now that we know more about the Numbers, what if only Kaido managed to escape Punk Hazard, freed by Big Mom, and left behind his guinea pigs mates, the Numbers? They got experimented on more than him and ended up being much bigger than him. When he got more powerful, after Rocks was defeated, he broke a deal with the WG and bought the Numbers' freedom back. That could also explain why they all drink that much (Kaido too), maybe it's a way to keep at bay some sort of collateral effect of the experimentation, like the kids in PH and that drug (which was also the catalyst for the growth iirc).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts