+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Default Re: E3 2018 Thread

I'm hoping to see something about halo on sinday.. it's been too long since guardians came out
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Devil May Cry 5 is pretty much confirmed, with Capcom registering domains for it, as well as warming up to the announcement with the DMC HD re-re-release, and Dante's skin in Monster Hunter World.
    I heaard the same damn thing in the last 2 years.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Is it too soon for Horizon 2? The DLC for part 1 was just last November. I mean, I guess if its announced now for a early 2019 release that'll be a 2 year window since the main game came out which is enough, but it feels like an event franchise with 3 or 4 years between outings. Big open world games done *right* take time. Big open world games done wrong like Assassin's creed are annual.
    First was announced E3 2015, came out early 2017. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them release late 2019/early 2020, so timeframe is good. Think this one's a pretty safe bet, personally.

I just remembered what I most want to see at this E3: Wild.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    First was announced E3 2015, came out early 2017. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them release late 2019/early 2020, so timeframe is good. Think this one's a pretty safe bet, personally.

I just remembered what I most want to see at this E3: Wild.
    Well yeah, announced in 2015... but they already had a pretty fair amount of work put into it at that point. It was 4 years between the last Killzone and Horizon coming out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced now for 2019 release, and I look forward to it.... I just don't know if 2 years is quite enough time to do a open world game with proper *diverse* content. Similarly, Witcher 3 took 4 years after Witcher 2. Dragon Age 3 took 3.5 years after Dragon Age 2 and even that was still loaded with repetitive content.

But like I said, if they don 't reinvent the wheel and keep all their starting assets, add in another 20 monsters and a few new weapons and abilities they can be good to go sooner than later so maybe two years is enough. (But I also can't imagine them reusing the same map or the same developed tribes so....) Maybe late 2019 rather than early?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Similarly, Witcher 3 took 4 years after Witcher 2.
    That only took four years? Good scott. I mean, there's your example of completely reinventing the wheel between games and having a massive amount of new content. This won't be nearly that difficult. And I'd say Guerilla Games is at least as capable as CD Projekt Red in terms of pure programming.

Dragon Age 3 took 3.5 years after Dragon Age 2 and even that was still loaded with repetitive content.
    Yeah, but, uh...

*whispers* Bioware sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Yeah, but, uh...

*whispers* Bioware sucks.
    Well, they do *now* that EA has sucked the life out of them and keeps forcing them to release games a year before they're actually done, but they used to be great.

I'd rather have a studio take their time with a game to make it good rather than rush it out as crap. DA2 taught us all about that.

And even DA2 wasn't THAT bad, it just really sucked in comparison to Origins and DA3.

Also the ending of ME:3 and the entirety of ME:A and SOnic Chronicles and.... Like, they're competent games and I'm one of the people that will defend ME3 purely on the strength of everything *except* the main plot, but.... they're games that absolutely could have used more time to bake. Bioware used to be untouchable for story and character rpgs. And... that's less the case now.

I'm not even excited at all about Anthem because I've been playing Warframe. But maybe new trailers will convince me otherwise.

Anthem's just not my type of game.

There have been rumors for a while that Rocksteady is working on a Superman game and those rumblings are back now saying we're getting an announcement for it at this year's E3.

If this is true it's amazing and I'll be so excited.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Oh fucking shit yesyesyesyesyes

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Oh fucking shit yesyesyesyesyes

Awww yeah!

Spoiler:
    Just need to beat the previous one now. I've beaten literally every other game in the series though.

Looking forward to cyberpunk, red dead 2, last of us, ghost of tsuki gameplay.

Hope 4 new IP too. MSoft has been slacking on exclusives, especially console sellers.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Microsoft's conference is supposedly going to be 45 minutes and Crackdown 3 has already been pushed back to 2019.

What the fuck do they have to show besides inevitable new Halo and inevitable Gears of War?

Microsoft's conference is supposedly going to be 45 minutes and Crackdown 3 has already been pushed back to 2019.

What the fuck do they have to show besides inevitable new Halo and inevitable Gears of War?
    the Rocksteady Superman game I'm looking forward to is supposedly going to be revealed there if the leak is accurate

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

so, uh, nobody is expecting any splatoon or just not interested in it?

With the official tournament, I feel like it's a given there will be splatoon content (besides Smash)

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    so, uh, nobody is expecting any splatoon or just not interested in it?

With the official tournament, I feel like it's a given there will be splatoon content (besides Smash)
    Did they announce the date for the Octoling DLC yet? Or did I totally miss that?

Also for those interested.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/tales-of...ite-discovered

Gematsu has discovered tov10th.tales-ch.jp—a password-protected website presumably for the Tales of Vesperia remaster Gematsu has heard is in production in celebration of the RPG’s 10th anniversary.
    Gematsu heard from multiple sources that Bandai Namco will announce the Tales of Vesperia remaster at E3 2018, which runs from June 12 to 14 in Los Angeles.

Another Forza Motorsport or Star Wars Kinect 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Wow, that's... actually something I would replay. I have and love the PS3 version, but I wouldn't mind another playthrough after all these years if they localize it. <3 Patty

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information