+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Default Re: E3 2018 Thread

At least there wasn't a Jesse Moment.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    They had gameplay for Anthem, or at least a self contained scripted thing being sold as gameplay. It was after they spent 15 minutes talking over a concept art loop with 2 or 3 short "gameplay" sequences though.I've h
    All the gameplay shown was already shown months ago. The only new footage was the cinematic trailer that did nothing to serve as a hook. The audience didn't even react to it at all, and that's teling.

ANd it looks incredibly boring.

Like, you're playing Iron Man flying around the world shooting giant monster things. Why does it look so so slow and dull?

I remember when the first Horizon gameplay trailer came out I didn't believe it was *actual* gameplay, I assumed it was just an opening quicktime event thing. But nope, 100% legit mecha dinosaur roping.

This is just... I dunno.

But like I said, I got Warframe. Which is fast, fluid, had dozens of suits, and constant expansion

I've seen many EA E3 conferences in my time and that seriously may have been the worst.

Special shoutout to the immediate chorus of boos about ten minutes in when they announced a battle royale mode.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    The reason why it's all we got is it's clearly nowhere near being finished. Did you notice the constant cuts during gameplay with framerate dips during shooting? Those cuts were to cover up the game glitching and dropping to single digit framerate. Sure the bits we saw look good but how can anyone get excited by a game that's clearly broken and glitchy af.
    Do we know that for sure? The edits seemed to be to just parse things down. They said that exact scenario was playable on the floor. I imagine if it was significantly different from what was shown in the presentation it wouldn't be a secret for very long.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I wonder if Anthem tanking will be the last nail in the coffin for Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I wonder if Anthem tanking will be the last nail in the coffin for Bioware.
    I don't want Anthem's failure to affect dragon Age 4. Sadly, I know that's not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    The reason why it's all we got is it's clearly nowhere near being finished. Did you notice the constant cuts during gameplay with framerate dips during shooting? Those cuts were to cover up the game glitching and dropping to single digit framerate. Sure the bits we saw look good but how can anyone get excited by a game that's clearly broken and glitchy af.
    If they can get excited for an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game they can get excited for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If they can get excited for an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game they can get excited for this.
    I'd get excited for a Fallout game by Obsidian.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

First thought was to travel back in time, to show some C&C fans what the only C&C port in 2018 looks like.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

If Anthem tanks, Bioware tanks with it.

EA won't hesitate, they won't show mercy.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Kinda sucks that Dragon Age 4 is being held hostage to a game I don't care about that has nothing to do with it.

Watched the EA conference out of curiosity. I don't get how a company can exist that makes games look so aggressively boring.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Watched the EA conference out of curiosity. I don't get how a company can exist that makes games look so aggressively boring.
    EA will keep on existing since so many of their consumers are not well informed. Just look at FIFA and Battlefront II. Even after the fuckery they pulled with Battlefront II, it still sold generally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Kinda sucks that Dragon Age 4 is being held hostage to a game I don't care about that has nothing to do with it.
    I hope BioWare does not make Dragon Age 4 as some online MMO. That is the nail in the coffin for me. Already the trend looks to be going in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Easy, the FIFA licence will keep them afloat until the end of times.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:

Can we please agree EA is a godamn shithole.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Can we please agree EA is a godamn shithole.
    Kind of hard to do that when Konami is still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

There's an exclusivity afforded to the title of Shithole?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    There's an exclusivity afforded to the title of Shithole?
    there are tiers, bimonthly award ceremony, a crown of gold covered in shit, seasonal challenges, a ladder system, two tournaments and no less than 20 categories where they are evaluated.

There must allways be a shithole king.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information