+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

I bet that the legend that Oda was talking about and the pirate that shanks wants to talk about is "Rocks".
    They are making a comeback :D

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    hell are the rocks
    My first impression, based on what Hina says, is that maybe BM and Kaido were part of the same crew... or that this is some sort of faction we have never heard of before that grows in power.

"These people aren't human!"
    Yes they are, empathy and good behavior aren't a prerequisite to be human.
    Claiming they aren't is disingenuous and doesn't reflect the true scope and reach of bigotry/corruption.
    Lol why'd I write this.
    (I guess the celestials may be alien, if some theories are true)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Otohime just won like 800+ mother points and 20000+ politician points from beyond the grave.
    see, that one panel from the last chapter about the slave labor walking sidewalk makes me think/hope for an outside shot at a Fisher Tiger redux soon. Probably not this arc, but soon.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Shanks is definatelly speaking about Blackbeard, the whole thing reminds me the time he went to Whitebeard to warn him about Blackbeard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melker View Post
    My first impression, based on what Hina says, is that maybe BM and Kaido were part of the same crew... or that this is some sort of faction we have never heard of before that grows in power.

Yeah, it seems so. Rocks could be either their crew's name or their captain's name. In japanese, it is ambiguous.

Since the start of this chapter, everything indicates that BM and Kaido were indeed in the same crew. So, their captain should have been even more powerful than them. Even more powerful than the strongest creature. That's the legend Oda was talking about in last year's Jump Festa.

Wow. This is the best gossebumps-inducing chapter Iīve read in years.

Garp, Big Mom, Kaidou and Shanks all in one chapter? I really, really want to read "Garpīs adventures" someday. Did the marines just imply Garp got rid of the captain of BM and Kaidou, who were in one crew together?

That scene with Charloss taking Shirahoshi, CP0 appearing, the royals panicking, that was super intense.

Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Yeah, it seems so. Rocks could be either their crew's name or their captain's name. In japanese, it is ambiguous.

Since the start of this chapter, everything indicates that BM and Kaido were indeed in the same crew. So, their captain should have been even more powerful than them. Even more powerful than the strongest creature. That's the legend Oda was talking about in last year's Jump Festa.
    But mama and kaidou are from a different generation, right? It is possible that kaidou was a trainee like shanks was though (kaidou being a cabin boy, imagine that)

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    But mama and kaidou are from a different generation, right? It is possible that kaidou was a trainee like shanks was though (kaidou being a cabin boy, imagine that)
    Do we know Kaidou's age? Would he really be so interested in killing himself if he wasn't old?

I'm pretty sure One Piece's world treats the Celestial Dragons as literally not humans.

Discovered Stowaway ArseneWenger's Avatar

None of Big Mom's backstory implies that she would ever agree to be part of any crew where she isn't the boss.
    And surprised that Shanks himself made the decision to go see the Gorosei.

Supposed Plot Hole: In ch 800, Akainu implied that the Gorosei were the puppets of Tenryubito. In this chapter, it is being said that Gorosei are the leaders of tenryubito.
    Whichever side wins becomes the Justice.

Do we know Kaidou's age?
    I don't think so but i read somewhere that shanks and kaidou are from the same generation while mama is with WB.

Can someone confirm?

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Any scenarios on how in hell did Shanks get there without anyone noticing ? I presume only the Elders know he is there and the soldiers guardint the authority room.

Indeed. However, I thought BM was basically reigning as her own boss based on what we saw in the last arc.

Another thing that just crossed my mind: When she talked to Luffy for the first time she said ”Oh, Garp’s grandson” (iirc). I thought that line meant something, that she on a more personal level knew about Garp. Him breaking her (first?) crew could have been just that.

Are the "rocks" the pirate crew Linlin and Kaidou once a part of?

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    I don't think so but i read somewhere that shanks and kaidou are from the same generation while mama is with WB.

Can someone confirm?
    The Ace Novel states as such. The canonicity of those novels is kind of up in the air. The author and editor of the novel discussed plot points with Oda and he gave them notes with supervision, so I have to assume that it's pretty canon.

I am the Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ArseneWenger View Post
    None of Big Mom's backstory implies that she would ever agree to be part of any crew where she isn't the boss.
    And surprised that Shanks himself made the decision to go see the Gorosei.

Supposed Plot Hole: In ch 800, Akainu implied that the Gorosei were the puppets of Tenryubito. In this chapter, it is being said that Gorosei are the leaders of tenryubito.
    In some translations I read he was calling the Cipher Pol of tenryuubito puppets. I do not know which one is right.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
    see, that one panel from the last chapter about the slave labor walking sidewalk makes me think/hope for an outside shot at a Fisher Tiger redux soon. Probably not this arc, but soon.
    Mashwrjsh (I should learn his name now that he's human) is either unaware, or still an asshole for everyone not merfolk (I doubt as that is not the way that oda does it). I dunno if he can just free slaves without any consequences, just like he can beat the snoot out of Charlos.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Any scenarios on how in hell did Shanks get there without anyone noticing ? I presume only the Elders know he is there and the soldiers guardint the authority room.
    He jumped from the window

Seriously he seems to be presented as an atypical pirate even for one piece standards, he's no one enemy always trying to mediate and playing the wise figure.
    He will know some guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by jajejijoju View Post
    Are the "rocks" the pirate crew Linlin and Kaidou once a part of?
    It could have been an alliance instead of a crew with the captain just being the leader of the alliance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information