+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Football: 2018 World Cup

Default Re: Football: 2018 World Cup

I'm glad Croatia woke up after the 30th minute

First off, England did better than anyone expected them to. Props to Southgate and the team for getting that far!

On a more negative note-- they lost this match because Walker and Stones failed to see their respective opponents when it mattered and because Kane uncharacteristically wasted a golden opportunity when through on goal.

Croatia will prolly go down against France though, if only because the former played 90 minutes of football more.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Football is not coming home this year.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

aayy lmao

France vs Croatia, couldn't ask for more

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🌛⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It's hard not to root for croatia to win this, they are amazing.

I felt like England bossed the first half for the most part,
    but HOLY SHIT did Croatia wake up in that second half.

We could barely breathe or get on the ball from that point onward.
    Congrats Croatia, you pulled through and showed the quality we all knew you had.
    Rooting for you in the final!

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

This is gonna be a great match. I'll be glad if Croatia wins to be honest. I think there should be more countries to win the world cup. I'm still rooting for France though. But whatever happens, I'll be fine with it

Those Brits are huge btw. What's the average height of their team ?

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Yes yes yes!! Croatia all the way! Please win this! It's always great to see a team come "out of nowhere" to win a big competition and this Croatia is a pleasure to watch. I'll be rooting for them, for sure. But France played a tremendous competition too, so they deserve it if they can win. It will be a good match to watch, looking forward to it. Good luck to our French and Croatian forum-goers
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

I'd be rooting for Croatia if I wasn't going to win $200 with a France victory. A non-PK Croatian victory works for me too!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Can't believe England made it this far inthe competition, it feels so strange to go out of the competition and not feel terribly disappointed. Easily the best World Cup experience of my life. Would have been nice to make the finals but Croatia played well to snatch it in extra time. Still though I just can't see a team beating France, there's just so much quality in that side

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Semi finals:

Fra - Bel / Both top contenders for winning this thing atm. Gonna go with France in this hopefully epic battle.
    Eng - Cro / Croatia only managed to advance after a penalty shootout twice. England has been playing consistently well, so bye bye Croatia.
    1/2 for the semi finals. Still sticking with France to win this thing, but it's gonna be tough after this stellar showing from Croatia. Belgium is my pick for the game for the 3rd place.
    We all float down here!

Of course England would fuck up getting to this World Cup final.

Rare picture of Macronleon's joy right after the first goal against Belgium
    Spoiler:

I wonder how many cameras there are during the match

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    4/4 this time!

France - Belgium
    Croatia - England
    France - Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Of course England would fuck up getting to this World Cup final.
    How come when WE lose it's because we fucked up?
    What happened to normal losses? Best team winning?

Don't discredit Croatia like that.
    As an England fan I say there's nothing wrong with acknowledging when the better team comes out on top.

Unlike in past tournaments where England has underperformed and let their nation down,
    they actually gave a damn good account of themselves with a young team this time around.
    Only the second semi final we've reached since 1966.
    How the hell is this not a tournament to be proud of?

Sure, we didn't go all the way... but compared to prior expectations the team have done amazing.
    I'm personally proud of the lads and feel no shame in defeat this time around.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    How come when WE lose it's because we fucked up?
    What happened to normal losses? Best team winning?

Don't discredit Croatia like that.
    As an England fan I say there's nothing wrong with acknowledging when the better team comes out on top.

Unlike in past tournaments where England has underperformed and let their nation down,
    they actually gave a damn good account of themselves with a young team this time around.
    Only the second semi final we've reached since 1966.
    How the hell is this not a tournament to be proud of?

Sure, we didn't go all the way... but compared to prior expectations the team have done amazing.
    I'm personally proud of the lads and feel no shame in defeat this time around.
    Got lucky that the quarters was Sweden and the injury to James. Still England fans did amuse with the football coming home slogan.

That doesn't change anything I said.

I actually felt England was playing decently well the first half. I am not sure what sorta pep talk happened in the Croatia dressing room, they came out and totally ripped through the midfield to take control of the game. Good stuff!
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Got lucky that the quarters was Sweden and the injury to James. Still England fans did amuse with the football coming home slogan.
    People know that was mosly tongue-in-cheek, right

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

Best goals:
    Edinson Cavani's both goals, vs Portugal. With style and love. It looks like he barely has to touch the ball to put in the net
    There is merit in these words.
    Cavani was the one player that really made a difference in that game. Suarez is also a force to be reckon with and the rest of the team was really tight but Cavani just stood out. We could've pulled our now classic "grit your teeth and tie the game" were it not for him, Patrício made some great defenses against Suarez kicks.
    It's a shame he wasn't able to play against France. He would've changed the outcome of that game some way. Not saying you guys wouldn't be victorious in the end, you've been playing incredibly, but maybe not 2-nill.

As a runner up, I nominate Ronaldo's third goal agaisnt Spain, but I'm being a bit biased since his free-kick record on the national team is the opposite of his steallar record on Real and so it makes it stand out for me.

Can't really comment on best game nor player since I followed the cup mostly by watching the highlights videos and so I missed alot.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    People know that was mosly tongue-in-cheek, right
    When I started hearing it I just though "O England, you know fully well you're fated to get the boot in the group phase or the next couple of games, most likely at the penalties", but after seeing them power through I started believing it a bit.
    Be honest, for a while, you did too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information