+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Football: 2018 World Cup

Default Re: Football: 2018 World Cup

Well, it's not like I was really fond of flashy sports. This is why I don't like Basket-ball for instance. And other american sports that look more like a show than actual sport
    I really enjoy a lot good defense works, but I'm just not very fond of it when it lasts during the whole match.

I think Spain/Portugal must be the best match we've had so far in this world cup

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Agreed. Although I suffered a lot emotionally during the match, by the end anyone could admit that they had just watched an incredible game between 2 very good teams. One of those historic world cup matches that will be remembered for years. But I'm also loving the hell out of the current France vs Peru match. It's been a blast of attacking football so far. I love seeing how France changed their approach between the previous game and this one. With Giroud up top as a more static centre-forward, a typical 9, Griezmann is now loose to work behind his back to pick up the ball and help the offensive process, which is how he shines the most. Meanwhile, Pogba and Kanté hold the midfield very well, letting the full backs advance and back up the attacks, especially Lucas. And seeing Mbappé at his best is amazing.

But in this second half Peru is showing a lot more energy and pace, holding France inside their own half and pushing for goal really well, especially through the wings. Let's see if they manage to at least equalize!
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Holy shit, Argentina.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

Ouch! Argentina is only hanging by a thread in terms of advancing!

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

haha, and I thought Argentina would have no trouble finishing in top. oh my����

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well, they barely made it here in the first place, argentina had problems for a while now.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Yup, they only made to the World Cup on the back of Messi's incredible performance on the very last qualification match. There is something very very wrong behind closed curtains in the Argentine federation and national team. If Iceland wins tomorrow, they're practically out. But only a fool would think that they would be better than Croatia. Modric and Rakitic are 2 of the very best midfielders in the whole world right now, especially the first one (that goal!!!). Madzukic is an incredibly underrated forward, and there are other really good players backing them all up, like Inter's Perisic and Brozovic. This is a tremendous team that, after getting the first goal in, increased in terms of confidence and quality and destroyed a disoriented group of players that made up Argentina's team. IF (big IF) Portugal manages to scrape by until the quarter-finals, they might have to face them again, after the Euro. But they're better and we're worse than at the Euro, so I'm not that confident, in case we manage to face them. It's either that or France, which are even better and another Euro opponent, lol
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

dont know what to think about Argentina not passing thru, in one side, they should fight more and show the strength they always have in world cups, in the other I'm enjoying non-champion teams giving us surprises all over the place.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information