+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Default Re: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I won't say enough how much I love this graphic style

If Shaman King hadn't been sold to Kodansha, I feel like we would have gotten Yoh in this game; from what I recall, all three of the recently-revealed characters (Dai, Jotaro, Dio) were datamined in J Stars Victory Versus, along with Yoh.

I wonder if Stand Moves can be equipped on the custom character.

Hidden:

That damn steamroller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Can we just agree that Dio pulls out the steamroller from his pocket instead of picking it up somewhere nearby?

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Dio got a capsule from Bulma. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Hidden:

We ended up with 42 base characters, including the 2 OCs, the custom character, and 9 dlcs.

Series/Characters that weren't a "thing" when the last crossover game happened:
    Deku
    Asta
    Boruto
    Kaguya (maybe, even if she had already shown up, she was outside the development time range)
    Sabo

Characters that weren't playable in previous crossovers (including battle stadium DON, not the nes games, as Cell, Trunks and Gaara wouldn't have made it if not for the narrower aproach):
    City Hunter: Ryo
    Dragon Quest: Dai
    Hunter x Hunter: Hisoka, kurapika (previously assists)
    One Piece: Blackbeard
    Saint Seiya: Shiryu (previously assist)

I don't remember Renji being playable on JUS, but he was. Aparently.

I doubt any of the DLC will change my opinion of the game. Can't make predictions, as the marketing direction of this game makes me predict "Vegetto blue, Adult Naruto, Adult Sasuke, Snakeman Luffy, Swimsuit Hancock, Swimsuit Rukia, Swimsuit Kaguya, Ace and Manbearpig Ichigo", but my aproach would be:
    The veterans (them, missing this game? it sould not be): Gintoki, Ryotsu, Arale
    Them: Bobobo, Kinikuman, Korosensei
    The newcomers: Yuma (supported by Osamu and Chika)
    The reinforcements: a Jojo (Giorno? Josuke? Joseph? Joylene? Jhonatan nah, Jhonny would need the horse, and Gappy isn't full jump. only one tho), Bakugou, Kuwabara (come on, it's his turn)
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm surprised they didn't brought back all the characters who were on Victory... particularly disappointed with Jonathan, Joseph and Hiei.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Yeah I get why they cut all of the comedy and wackier series (Bo-bobo, KochiKame, Gintama, Koro-Sensei) since I don't think that would have fit with the tone of the Story Mode they were going for.
    But I don't know why Toriko and Reborn didn't make the cut, guess Jump doesn't consider them one of their big series any more

Since the DLC isn't related to Story Mode, I hope we get a bunch of comedy characters. Gintoki should be in this

I know that Arale would imbalance the rooster and as Vegeta put it, a gag character like her is as strong as needed and breaking the true earth in half is not as whimsical, and Ryotsu is not very strong, but you have Ryo who is a regular cop/super soldier or something, Kenshin and Shishio who have no supernatural powers, and Yugi who unless people agrees to the game he's kind of just a dude playing cards, Gintoki would be around their power level.

If the power level reasons are needed.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Story spoilers:

Ryuk isn't voiced in any of the spoken scenes, and they didn't do the "random phrase" thing that they usualy do for the quiet ones, the music at least is not "generic movie trailer"

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

If you are going to have Light be home base, and the animations be.. this. Then why not add Soma to the kitchen, or Senku to the lab?

Spoiler:

Playing those characters straight, without any subversion or interesting twist.

A guy who's job is to "observe the worlds of jump" isn't ready to face a genki dama?

At least they went with an interesting path for Light.

Last edited by maxterdexter; February 12th, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The fact they thought people slowly floating into the portal was acceptable is baffling...just have them JUMP!

You had to animate them doing that, use that!

Yeah, the physical animations are the low hanging fruit, the mouths are uncany, the eyes are terryfing, the hands are static (I can forgive those tho), on top of the whole weird unified art style, instead of accepting that these 10+ authors and series have very different styles and series and go with it.

You can throw a lot of shit at Kingdom Hearts, but you can't say that it looks ugly, and that's what a massive multimedia crossover should look like. Or you know, that thing that Nintendo does very well.

I'll give a try to the gameplay (when it drops in price) but it having "elements" for bonus damage, it was one of the most offputing parts of Jump Ultimate Stars, and the needless close up for combo or rush attacks keep me low on hope.

Also, I get that Luffy, Naruto and Goku are the posterboys series, but what organization would put them to lead teams? The strawhats work because Luffy surrounded himself with capable people, Naruto needed a giant war, and like 10 years to be ready to lead, and Goku... <shudders>. Let them be the "aces" and keep Sabo, Kakashi and Picollo/Trunks as the leaders, or put Nami, Tsunade/Sakura and Bulma/Kai/Dende in the game as middle management at least, so they can jump in a pinch to playable.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information